Preview Changes/preview - Round 24 v. Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just glad we're getting sick now and not two weeks from now.

Yep timed it beautiful, infect the guys so we're able to "rest" players for the final round , a week off and fit for the finals. Perfectly run environment.

Yep timed it beautiful, infect the guys so we're able to "rest" players for the final round , a week off and fit for the finals. Perfectly run environment.
Goodwin filling the icebath with water from the Yarra was a masterstroke.

Goodwin filling the icebath with water from the Yarra was a masterstroke.

Getting that guy in with the flu to cough on food for the players worth every penny we paid him too.

The 4D chess we've played here brings a tear to my eye.

‘Home’ QF final against Collingwood must be the objective. It might not happen but we should do whatever we can within our power to ‘manufacture’ that result.

UFC fighters don’t wish for a sequence of the toughest fights possible en route to a championship title match. They try to navigate the ‘easiest’ path possible, fighting opponents that they believe suit their style. It’s just called being smart about things.

Pies are vulnerable at the moment without Daicos, injury clouds over Moore and DeGoey. We’d towel them right now on the G. Then it’s a home prelim final and you’re half a chance at the flag.

So keen to be #ATG to watch Casey in the wet at the SCG on Sunday :hearteyes:
Oh it's going to rain?

Sounds like its time to bring out our famous 3 ruck, 5 key forward set up.

I wouldn't, I honestly couldn't give a rats toss bag about this game. I'm on the make sure we are fit and healthy for finals bandwagon.
Yeah and if we're gonna consider Tmac at all for finals this is the chance we've got to to test him out.

Infecting our tall forwards with the full range of communicable diseases rounds 1-24 to make them fully immune come finals time has been a masterstroke. No wonder Goody has been given a 2 year extension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be a chance that McDonald comes into the team according to the Media Conference just released on Youtube.
- That could also be me reading between the lines.

Infecting our tall forwards with the full range of communicable diseases rounds 1-24 to make them fully immune come finals time has been a masterstroke. No wonder Goody has been given a 2 year extension.
Tom Mcdonald's immune system:
904160.jpg

Could be a chance that McDonald comes into the team according to the Media Conference just released on Youtube.
- That could also be me reading between the lines.
I think he's pretty much guaranteed.

Will be interesting what changes we make if they bring TMac and Fritsch in.
The TMac, Smith, Tomlison love triangle will be an interesting watch. Reckon Goody is itching to get TMac in and drop Tommo given he was subbed out, but personally thought Tommo was solid today. Laurie had a couple of ok moments, but not sure he holds that spot with finals looming.

I reckon it will be:

OUT: Laurie, Tomlinson, Schache (sub)
IN: Fritsch, TMac (Smith back), Hibberd (sub)

Bowey pretty iffy for Hibberd too, but would mean a lot of changes.

With Hibberd now concussed and a sneaky feeling about a May hammy I reckon the only change to the above is probably Tommo stays and Smith goes sub.

Smith sub should be locked for the rest of the year. He's got lots of flaws but he's literally the only bloke on our list with Petty down who can cover tall and medium roles both forward and back. Which means even if its a midfielder who goes down you can throw him forward and increase Kosi/Trac/Sparrow midfield time.

Continuity is a big deal.
Minimal change is good at this time of the year.

Maybe I missed the sarcasm (I think I did)

McDonald and Brown are both signed until the end of 2024. That will be the last year for both I suggest.
- Both did well for high 40's picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back