Changes vs Bears

Remove this Banner Ad

In - Lids, Edwards, Conca (if fit, if not, Knights), Astbury
Out - Lambert, Petterd, Gordon, Grimes/Batch

Simples

haha are you serious? those 2 were in our best players today, if we had somehow won you guys would be praising them, dont go all sour because we lost, dusty was probably best on ground around half time, cotchin was a 7/10 today , he was good, not great but not "very average"
I think you're looking into his disposal numbers too much. Watch the game.
Cheap chip kicks that goes 20m and sideways or backwards. Handballs into players under pressure, most noticeably to Maric who had 3 Dogs players around him within a 10m radius. In the 3rd/4th quarter he should've taken a shot at goal but instead tried to handball it off to someone on the 50m arc and it gets chopped off by Murphy and they rebound and get a shot at goal.

Just on McDonough, not completely sold on him at AFL level, the few games I saw of him he looked a bit off the pace, a tad slow.
Would prefer Lennon over him if only one is picked. Lennon has some x-factor and can take a grab.
Slow but can make good decisions and can hit a target.
Lennon's decision making is not up to par. Would just lead to more turnovers.

haha are you serious? those 2 were in our best players today, if we had somehow won you guys would be praising them, dont go all sour because we lost, dusty was probably best on ground around half time, cotchin was a 7/10 today , he was good, not great but not "very average"

I must have been watching a different game. 7/10? Good lord:rolleyes:

For those who saw the VFL game, what was the form of some being discussed here like?

Saw Knights listed in the bests, so obviously he had a decent one, but more thinking Foley, Lennon, etc

Also did Conca play, if so, how was he? I'm a Conca fan, but he was at best disappointing preseason. Personally I'd like for him to be banging the door down before he's promoted (been really disappointed with his recent efforts when played at afl level)

Foley only played the second half. Was decent though and defiantly showed that he still has pace. But a few weeks away as he needs more match practise. Lennon was quiet throughout most the day, but still showed his class whenever he got the ball. Especially one of his kicks out the back half, when he was there. McDonough pretty sure only played three quarters, although wasn't overly impressive this week. Did a few nice things though and his kicking was very good as always. Think he finished with 15 or 16 disposals and a goal. Ellis was decent also and did some nice things also, although needs more time to build some confidence and to learn a bit more. Short was very impressive, in regards to pressure, pace and smarts (just thought i would add that, even though not relevant to selection being a rookie). Conca still has hamstring tightness. Arnot's tackling pressure was outstanding also. Astbury was dominant in the back half. Taking many intercept marks and easily nullifying any of Redpath's influence on the game.

I would rather have a fit Ritchie Tamblibg running around right now than Newy or Pettard
How about we just stick you in defense in a mankini with a bucket of KFC in one arm and a 15 inch dildo in the other, that alone should repel most of their entries in the forward 50 mate :D

Out - gordon. petterd. Grimes.
In - sheds. Lids. Astbury.

Wouldn't mind seeing knights get a run aswell. Also can see c.ellis getting a run sooner rather than later. From all reports dimma is obsessed with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the deal with Vickery and Elton ? Both still injured and for how long..

I'm thinking when Astbury comes back into the side, ease him in by playing him forward ? Bachelor has earned another game, Chalpin won't be dropped (and in hindsight he was not that bad) and Grimes would be the player to make way if Astbury was to return to defense. Give Jack a hand and place Astbury in the pocket pronto. It is something that Brisbane won't expect, and hopefully it will make their defense more accountable with support for Jack.

Righto - given it some thought.
Out's - Newman (i don't need to explain that again), Pettard, Gordon and Lambert.
In's: Lids, Titch, Lennon and McDonough.
I feel the need for speed.

Righto - given it some thought.
Out's - Newman (i don't need to explain that again), Pettard, Gordon and Lambert.
In's: Lids, Titch, Lennon and McDonough.
I feel the need for speed.
I think if you're gonna drop Gordon for McDonough you drop Lloyd as well, probably for Knights

I think if you're gonna drop Gordon for McDonough you drop Lloyd as well, probably for Knights
How in any dimension does Lloyd get dropped after yesterday? Not to mention the 3 goal game last week? He was one of the few blokes to have a bloody crack yesterday. Plenty of blokes ahead of him in the queue to the VFL.

Funny one on Lloyd Doc, I actually thought he presented ok given how congested it was. I am prepared to give him the first month. He's kicked 4 in two games. Let's see what the figure is after 4.

How in any dimension does Lloyd get dropped after yesterday? Not to mention the 3 goal game last week? He was one of the few blokes to have a bloody crack yesterday. Plenty of blokes ahead of him in the queue to the VFL.
Was specifically if you're dropping Gordon for McDonough due to team balance
Funny one on Lloyd Doc, I actually thought he presented ok given how congested it was. I am prepared to give him the first month. He's kicked 4 in two games. Let's see what the figure is after 4.
I don't disagree

Out: Lambert, Petterd, Gordon.
In: Deledio, Edwards, Knights.

We want the same ins and 2 outs are the same but Gordon has done enough to keep his spot I reckon. So with that one I'll have to disagree. The third out is hard to pick as so many let us down on saturday.

Thought about it some more. My opinion hasn't changed.

OUT: Gordon, Lambert(inj.), Petterd, Chaplin, Newman
IN: Knights, Deledio, Edwards, Astbury, Lennon

Conca and Foley need more game time in the twos. McDonough not far off.

B: Jake Batchelor, David Astbury, Nick Vlastuin
HB: Taylor Hunt, Alex Rance, Bachar Houli
C: Kamdyn McIntosh, Trent Cotchin, Brandon Ellis
HF: Brett Deledio, Ben Griffiths, Dustin Martin
F: Sam Lloyd, Jack Riewoldt, Steve Morris
Foll: Ivan Maric, Anthony Miles, Shane Edwards
Int: Dylan Grimes, Ben Lennon, Shaun Grigg
Sub: Chris Knights
Emerg: Matt McDonough, Ricky Petterd, Chris Newman

24 hours on ... I still ******* hate Troy Chaplin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back