Changes vs Bears

Remove this Banner Ad

Hows Arnot been travelling? Who could he replace?

And check out the Cotchin thread...could he be the big body we need? Must say I would prefer him to Thomas...simply an age thing.

And that's what I'm kinda banging on about...if we have a kid in competition with a journeyman, might as well play the kid...cos if we don't, then the kid turns into a journeyman and we wasted the opportunity to find out

I have had more of a think about it and I have decided it isn't necessarily the personnel, it's the attitude of the personnel. We have 30 blokes on the list capable of playing at AFL level. Only about 5-10 of them can contribute in a meaningful way without being completely switched on. The other 20-25 of them need to turn up and play as though their selection/career depends on each game. When they play with that attitude that they'll bust through brick walls then we have success. Not happening at the moment and that is the biggest issue for Hardwick. If he can't get them to play with that attitude consistently, then that will be the thing that costs him his job. Players shouldn't need it but perhaps some are under the impression they will get a game even if they don't play full tilt every minute of every game.

Incidentally, this attitude is why Steve Morris won't be getting dropped soon. He gives 100% every game and would throw his body on a grenade to win the pill. He gives away free kicks and is sometimes a bit rough and can make dumb decisions but give me his raw aggression over some talented player going at 85% any day of the year....

So my new outs: anyone who isn't prepared to get hurt to get the pill, who isn't prepared to run hard to man an opponent, who isn't prepared to run hard to make an option, who isn't prepared to work hard to out-number in a contest, who won't crash a pack when required, who won't cop a hit to block for a teammate.... and so on. Most of our blokes do it most or some of the time.....At this level, that isn't good enough. It needs to be all the time, no exceptions ever....

My new ins: Players who do the are prepared to do the things mentioned above. I don't care what their name is, I care about their effort and attitude. 22 players who play ruthless football will win games, even without them all have silky skills....

I think you're looking into his disposal numbers too much. Watch the game.
Cheap chip kicks that goes 20m and sideways or backwards. Handballs into players under pressure, most noticeably to Maric who had 3 Dogs players around him within a 10m radius. In the 3rd/4th quarter he should've taken a shot at goal but instead tried to handball it off to someone on the 50m arc and it gets chopped off by Murphy and they rebound and get a shot at goal.

He almost did it.... he needed to fake the handball to get Murphy in the air.... then he could have handballed once he'd gone past him and put on a block for the teammate....

Okay, i'll run an idea past the board. Happy to cop a whack. I reckon we should be playing McIntosh on the ball for 5 minute bursts. Who is gonna stop a 192cm 91kg running machine? Put him in i reckon. He's gonna be a better version of Tucky.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Okay, i'll run an idea past the board. Happy to cop a whack. I reckon we should be playing McIntosh on the ball for 5 minute bursts. Who is gonna stop a 192cm 91kg running machine? Put him in i reckon. He's gonna be a better version of Tucky.

This is the thing cap...we should be trying stuff with kids to find out...this bloke was borderline nowhere at the end of last year...

This is the thing cap...we should be trying stuff with kids to find out...this bloke was borderline nowhere at the end of last year...

Yep, another rotation to the mix. I reckon next week end start Martin, Ellis and McIntosh on the ball with Maric. If Cotchin needs to be freed up, start him up on a wing. Right now his disposals are meaningless and ineffective, this may get him hurting the opposition again.

Yep, another rotation to the mix. I reckon next week end start Martin, Ellis and McIntosh on the ball with Maric. If Cotchin needs to be freed up, start him up on a wing. Right now his disposals are meaningless and ineffective, this may get him hurting the opposition again.

Cotch doesn't gave the pace atm for the wing...and wingers are sposed to be at both ends of the ground. I'm thinking Cotch on the forward flank where he can regain the confidence in his touch...Lids on the wing for metres gained...and the MC need to make the changes that allow Rance to be back line floater.

No one skittish in the centre ever again, hard with skills only. Miles, Shed and the persuader. Every great team has a persuader.

In: Deledio, Astbury, McDonough, Lennon, Vickery, Knights.

Out: Grigg, Gordon, Petterd, Newman, Batchelor, Morris.

Out with the duds.

How far away is Edwards? if fit I'd like to see

In. Lids, Edwards, knights astbury
Out. Lambo, petterd, Morris Gordon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Deledio, Astbury, McDonough, Lennon, Vickery, Knights.

Out: Grigg, Gordon, Petterd, Newman, Batchelor, Morris.

Out with the duds.
Vickery is injured I believe.

Overseas at the moment so haven't seen the game but similar thoughts regarding changes:

Out: Lambert(inj) Morris Grimes Gordon Petterd Grigg
In: Deledio Knights Edwards Astbury Lennon McDonough

B: Batchelor Astbury Chaplin
HB: Houli Rance Vlastuin
C: McIntosh Martin Ellis
HF: Deledio Griffiths Knights
F: Lloyd Riewoldt Edwards
R: Maric Cotchin Miles
INT: Newman Grigg Lennon
SUB: McDonough

So...are any of these blokes 100% right to go...Delidio, Edwards, Astbury, Conca? If so, find spots for them.

Is Vlaustin going to come up?

Knights to show what he has got.

Lennon might not be ready but can't see how he could butcher the ball any worse than those on Saturday. Acknowledge that McDonough competes with Lloyd and Lloyd wasn't the worst on the day.

Arnot still a rookie...have to wait till mid year. Waiting for Elton to get a crack.

Morris to stay in...and instructed to crunch Cotch's tag every 5 minutes. I don't care if he doesn't get a kick...just sit on Cotch's flank.

Maric, Griffiths and Jack to start being very physical, they have size.

If any of Chaplin, Grimes, Batchelor, Newman, Grigg, Petterd, Gordon get a game hereon, then it's because others are worse, they are no longer better.

At least foley, deledio, vickery, conca, edwards, lennon, mcdonough and astbury should be available to come. Can we please see the end of Petterd, Morris and Chaplin. I walked into the G feeling positive and I got to the top deck walking in only to see the scoreboard. It said In: petterd Out:edwards. I swore and knew this could be a bad day instantly

What I want:
In: Deledio, Edwards, Astbury, Knights
OUT: Lambert, Chaplin, Gordon, Petterd

What will happen:
no change

I don't think Dimma would be stupid enough to go with Lloyd, Petterd, Gordon again - surely.

I'd love to see Chaplin out for Astbury - we would improve immediately.

Chaplin, Hampson, Gordon.... This Blair Hartley bloke has a lot to answer for. He's had 1 success in Maric and 2 OK's in Grigg & Houli.

At least foley, deledio, vickery, conca, edwards, lennon, mcdonough and astbury should be available to come. Can we please see the end of Petterd, Morris and Chaplin. I walked into the G feeling positive and I got to the top deck walking in only to see the scoreboard. It said In: petterd Out:edwards. I swore and knew this could be a bad day instantly

I nearly crashed the car when I heard on the radio.

A outside the square type thought but can grimes play on a wing ? Has the pace and although a very unusual kicking style is quite efficient . We need outside pace badly so that when our midfielders get the footy they can kick to space and back blokes in to burn their opposition z

Remove this Banner Ad

Back