Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - Part 1 [closed, see Part II]

Will Chris Scott see out his contract until the end of 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 79 79.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly, a non-poster named Brian Cook said top 4 is the aim. That's way more relevant than what any of us may think.
Didn't he also say that's the aim every year? Or was that someone else?

He predicted his top 8 for this year:

Geelong, West Coast, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Sydney, Richmond, Nth Melbourne, Western Bulldogs
He said this is in order, and I've picked the cats to win the flag.

What did he base our finish on?
He said he thinks that just about our entire team has upside.

Said yes they need Clark, vardy, Menzel etc healthy. But Blicavs continues to improve. Duncan missed a fair chunk of footy last year. Kolo looks the goods. And of course they have danger.

Said the draw is easy. And the cats have plenty of experience in the top four.
He also felt that the Hawks were going to get caught this year by a number of teams.

This thread isn't about the players it's about Scott, and I won't speak for other posters percieved to be anti-Scott but part of the reason I am is because I think our players talent levels haven't been accurately reflected in our performances, especially finals, since 2011.

yeah a bit misleading only the 1st part I couldn't believe the arguing, but I does make interesting reading though, bit like a soapie. In other discussions areas some players talents have been torn to pieces and I just hope they don't read these and think the Cats fans hate me. Healthy criticism is good a I think players would accept this, we r Cats fans, we need to get these players feeling good about themselves If we want them to play great footy, that's a supporters job. Anyway not long now for some footy action, GO CATS.

How can Geelong achieve anything with Scott in charge. Plus so much doubt on many players, some one injury away from retirement (Clark, Menzel, Stanley, Vardy, McCarthy, Z. Smith, Cowan, Scott Selwood) and the uncertainty on Duncan and Joel Selwood. Did I forget anyone? 50% so far tipping to finish top 4. I'll buy a Hawthorn jumper with number 5 on the back if that happens. Bottom 8 and possibly even missing the 8. It wouldn't be so bad at all if that occurred cause then Scott would have to be shown THE DOOR without any hesitation which I can't wait for.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can Geelong achieve anything with Scott in charge. Plus so much doubt on many players, some one more injury away from retirement (Clark, Menzel, Stanley, Vardy, McCarthy, Z. Smith, Cowan, Scott Selwood) and the uncertainty on Duncan and Joel Selwood. Did I forgot anyone? 50% so far tipping to finish top 4. I'll buy a Hawthorn jumper with number 5 on the back if that happens. Bottom 8 and possibly even missing the 8. It wouldn't be so bad at all if that occurred cause then Scott would have to be shown THE DOOR without any hesitation which I can't wait for.

Oh dear,
now aliases being set up to add fuel to the fire.
Oh well away I go again from this tripe.

Oh dear,
now aliases being set up to add fuel to the fire.
Oh well away I go again from this tripe.

Yep, it's getting ever harder to find the motivation, and a sensible discussion, to contribute on this board.

I used to follow it avidly, but now.......

How can Geelong achieve anything with Scott in charge. Plus so much doubt on many players, some one more injury away from retirement (Clark, Menzel, Stanley, Vardy, McCarthy, Z. Smith, Cowan, Scott Selwood) and the uncertainty on Duncan and Joel Selwood. Did I forgot anyone? 50% so far tipping to finish top 4. I'll buy a Hawthorn jumper with number 5 on the back if that happens. Bottom 8 and possibly even missing the 8. It wouldn't be
so bad at all if that occurred cause then Scott would have to be shown THE DOOR without any hesitation which I can't wait for.
It's not just ppl on this board who see the upside, it the bookies and media footy scribes. Quite a sensationalist post, not surprisingly liked by the now number 1 pessimist on this board bobby

Your post is a prime example of why people are moving away from this board. The consistent and downright abuse you and many others give to people on here is pretty piss poor.
It's a shame opinions can no longer be discussed in good spirit. You are either against the Geelong football club or you are fully with them.

I also know gearjammer. I can assure you he is no alias. Traded videos with him via hotmail.

Yes' new users can post on this forum too without having to be labelled 'aliases'.
How have I abused u? I stated u r now pessimistic, it's not abuse it's fact. The post was inaccurate on multiple levels, yet u let ur pessimism cloud ur judgement to like it

Maybe we should just close it?
Its becoming bigger than the Warney Waugh feud

Close Ze Fred?
While that may have some intuitive appeal, it would merely result in the same discussions polluting other threads. The best way forward is for people to not comment on how other people are posting but to comment on the substance of what they post. If you feel someone isn't doing that, report it.

No, a lot more posters than just the anti-Scott brigade have said making the 8 and winning a final is the pass mark for 2016 meaning many would be pretty pissed off should that fail to happen.
Depends on the circumstances such as injuries and his regard amongst the playing group. Also what the alternatives are. As you have demonstrated in choosing a dud and a person with no head coach experience there isn' t much to choose from.

Depends on the circumstances such as injuries and his regard amongst the playing group. Also what the alternatives are. As you have demonstrated in choosing a dud and a person with no head coach experience there isn' t much to choose from.
We have Simon Lloyd waiting in the wings for a reason. Also Ratten is hardly a dud and after his Hawks experience will be even better, far better than Scott.

We have Simon Lloyd waiting in the wings for a reason. Also Ratten is hardly a dud and after his Hawks experience will be even better, far better than Scott.

serious-lee_o_868428.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back