Mega Thread Coaching Staff Pickups

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like the way McCartney has gone about player development.

My Young Bloke is a Dogs supporter. This time last year, I would have followed that statement with "the poor lil bastard". Not so much this year. They really have a strong core coming through. They have even got a few good KPF games out of the likes of Liam Jones, Tom Campbell and Jack Redpath. **** me. They officially have a turd polishing machine. If they can get their hands on a 1st draft pick KPF through that development system, they will have a very competitive team.
Your son is a bulldog s fan, say that again :drunk:

I really like the way McCartney has gone about player development.

My Young Bloke is a Dogs supporter. This time last year, I would have followed that statement with "the poor lil bastard". Not so much this year. They really have a strong core coming through. They have even got a few good KPF games out of the likes of Liam Jones, Tom Campbell and Jack Redpath. **** me. They officially have a turd polishing machine. If they can get their hands on a 1st draft pick KPF through that development system, they will have a very competitive team.

Making a massive play for Patton.

Out Lade
In Cox?
:drunk:
this could definatley happen cox was interviewd on 3aw ,, healy asked if there was any chance of playing next year say what if collingwood tried to convince you to come over to melbourne and ply 6- 10 games on a 1 yer contract is there any chance you would consider this ... he repled not as a player but he would love to be a coach in melbourne or amywhere he is 100% intersted in being a coach just needs to sit down with his family and work out what his next move is,, he is great mates with richo,,, i think richo should have a chat to big coxy and glassy get them to both come on over as assistants next year,,,, bye bye lade bye bye willliams

this could definatley happen cox was interviewd on 3aw ,, healy asked if there was any chance of playing next year say what if collingwood tried to convince you to come over to melbourne and ply 6- 10 games on a 1 yer contract is there any chance you would consider this ... he repled not as a player but he would love to be a coach in melbourne or amywhere he is 100% intersted in being a coach just needs to sit down with his family and work out what his next move is,, he is great mates with richo,,, i think richo should have a chat to big coxy and glassy get them to both come on over as assistants next year,,,, bye bye lade bye bye willliams

Isn't Dean Cox already West Coast's ruck coach. Appointed sometime in november last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...o-coaching-staff/story-fni5f22o-1226766876201

Do you mean selecting a candidate who's the best available ? As opposed to, Dom's a nice bloke we played with him etc. If so totally agree re your boys club mentality comment...

That was exactly what I meant, but I'm gunna say I was wrong to base my opinion on a post I saw on BF, though. When I actually went to have a look at what good clubs do, I was surprised:

Hawthorn: Would you believe they have a bunch of guys who were at MELBOURNE together??? http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/football/coaches AND Damian Monkhurst is the ruck coach.

Geelong: Couple of Brisbane fellas, and ex-Cats players http://www.geelongcats.com.au/team/coaches

Sydney: Couple of ex-Swans players http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/football/coaches

Freo: Not so much, but Brett Kirk would have been at the Swans while Lyon was http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/footy-centre/coaching-staff

Nothing like a few facts to obscure an opinion. Maybe it is good to have coaches that have worked together?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was asked this for the foxtel cup last night and he was non committal but I think he can be got with the right approach.

He might be enticed back to be head coach but not just as an assistant - particularly at a club where he's already been the reserves coach before.

Maybe but as a reserve coach your still really a vfl coach only. I got the impression as a AFL assistant coach he may be interested.

Got the same impression. No matter how good a coach you are, Collo would know that you have almost zero chance of becoming an AFL Senior coach if you are not in the system. He knows he's got to give up coaching his own side for a while and take a possie as an AFL assistant coach if he wants a shot at the big time.

Got the same impression. No matter how good a coach you are, Collo would know that you have almost zero chance of becoming an AFL Senior coach if you are not in the system. He knows he's got to give up coaching his own side for a while and take a possie as an AFL assistant coach if he wants a shot at the big time.

Could he be a target for the dees ?

Could he be a target for the dees ?

To take over from Roos? Wouldn't have thought so. Maybe? Collo would have his own coaching philosophies, how aligned with Roos i'm not sure, but you'd think that hiring someone that had been around the traps would just set them back again while he re-educated the squad on how he wants them to play. They should have just got Ayres and spent more coin on development coaches and recruiters.

To take over from Roos? Wouldn't have thought so. Maybe? Collo would have his own coaching philosophies, how aligned with Roos i'm not sure, but you'd think that hiring someone that had been around the traps would just set them back again while he re-educated the squad on how he wants them to play. They should have just got Ayres and spent more coin on development coaches and recruiters.
Collo also mentioned Ayres and stated he is coaching the best he ever has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back