News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think there is anything sinister in Geelong going for King. He has experience as a head coach now and it makes sense for him to move on and get more experience in a new environment while he builds his resume and waits for the next round of coaching vacancies to open. Would know the Geelong setup as well having played there and was always going to be a hot commodity.

Would be a big loss, but our coaching staff still looks decent with Dimma, Shaw, Drummond, Grigg and whoever we bring in to replace King, and maybe even gives premiership winning Drummond the chance to step into the senior assistant role? ;)
I have heard Shaw may be on the way out. Malceski was reported recently to have been offered an assistant role.

Wow, pretty massive that we have been able to keep hold of Steven King while adding Grigg!

Also, we really are all in on building through the academy. Shaw will be great in there in what has already looked like a super promising setup over the last couple of years. Watch the AFL meddle with our access to academy players in the near future to appease the whinging of the Melbourne clubs now.

Steven King and Shaw staying thank god.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaw in charge of the academy coaching is a crazy good appointment. Our academy is only going from strength to strength. Shaw is an excellent development coach and our academy is our most precious resource. Smart choice.
If we ever do get good, it will limit our access to 1st round talents, but man, if we can keep these guys coming through bonded together, the go home requests are going to be delicious.

Obviously the club has invested a ton into being able to build our list through the academy and have a steady stream of talent always coming through and limit the go-home factor. We will only be better for it having Shawry in charge.

If we ever do get good, it will limit our access to 1st round talents, but man, if we can keep these guys coming through bonded together, the go home requests are going to be delicious.

Obviously the club has invested a ton into being able to build our list through the academy and have a steady stream of talent always coming through and limit the go-home factor. We will only be better for it having Shawry in charge.
I mean Sydney have always been good and haven't lost any access 🤷‍♂️

The best thing the club has done under the Dew era was ramp up the amount of money we pour into the academy. We are starting to see it. Imagine in 10 years time, we will have AFL players everywhere.

Disappointing from Steven so late after club announced coaching panel was set. Personally, I did not rate him.

It will not be easy to find someone good now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back