List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Paper we have a pretty good midfield, so who are we overrating?

Adams? Crisp? Pendlebury?

I am more thinking at the Moment. Is Greenwood. He has come in and been underwhelming

On Paper we have a pretty good midfield, so who are we overrating?

Adams? Crisp? Pendlebury?
I wish I knew, honestly. Hopefully none of them and we're just not working well together yet. But right now we blow.

I wish I knew, honestly. Hopefully none of them and we're just not working well together yet. But right now we blow.

I would say Crisp is the 1 out for the 3 that is Badly out of Form.

Not giving us the X-Factor from his Breaking Lines and Long Goals he was doing earlier in the Season

Crispy had 25 touches and I don't think he played badly... I just don't remember anyone having an impact in the centre clearances. We got mauled.

The difference is
Crispy had 25 touches and I don't think he played badly... I just don't remember anyone having an impact in the centre clearances. We got mauled.

We lack serious breakaway speed in the centre square bounces, thats why we never look clinical from a bounce down because mainly our clearances are scrappy kicks.

Swan is the only one who can run out of a contested situation in our midfield. Fingers crossed we can get freeman up and going from 2016 and hopefully we can get treloar.

The difference is

We lack serious breakaway speed in the centre square bounces, thats why we never look clinical from a bounce down because mainly our clearances are scrappy kicks.

Swan is the only one who can run out of a contested situation in our midfield. Fingers crossed we can get freeman up and going from 2016 and hopefully we can get treloar.
Breakaway speed is awesome, but I would have happily accepted getting a quick chain of handballs to someone with enough time and space to balance and kick. We may have gotten first touches on occasion, but were almost universally locked up or hacked the ball to nobody.

Breakaway speed is awesome, but I would have happily accepted getting a quick chain of handballs to someone with enough time and space to balance and kick. We may have gotten first touches on occasion, but were almost universally locked up or hacked the ball to nobody.

But half the reason we dont hav clean disposal is because our players cant make space for themselves and shepherding for a teamate is almost non existant these days.

1. We have Grundy, Cox is developing very nicely. Sign Matthew Kreuzer or Matthew Leuenberger through free agency and Jarrod Witts goes onto trade table for a first round pick. or used in another trade.

2. I pray that our disgusting display hasant turned off Adam Treloar and we give GWS our 2nd rounder(2015) + first rounder (2016).

3. Other players to look at shopping around: Sinclair Keeffe Oxley Kennedy Fasolo White Karnezis Thomas Young Armstrong Toovey Goldsack Seedsman

4. Other players to target: Motlop, Aish, Lynch(Suns), Yarran.

So sample scenario:

* Collingwood recruits Matthew Kreuzer through free agency
* Collingwood trades Jarrod Witts to Essendon for pick 5
* Collingwood trades its first pick from 2016 and it's 2nd pick from 2015 to GWS for Adam Treloar
* Collingwood re-signs gun recruit Matthew Scharenburg on a long term contract
* Geelong make offer to Adelaide for Patrick Dangerfield
* Adelaide match the offer made by Geelong forcing Geelong to try and work out a trade
* Adelaide and Geelong are unable to make a trade by themselves, Collingwood joins in on trade. Geelong get Dangerfield, Adelaide get a first rounder from Geelong, 2nd rounder from Geelong and Ben Kennedy and Paul Seedsman from Collingwood and Collingwood get Steven Motlop.
* Collingwood trade original first rounder + Oxley to Gold Coast for Tom Lynch.
*Collingwood trade pick 5 + ???? To get Schache.
* If available at right price try and get Yarran.

Unrealistic probably but dont care

Last edited:
Have people been watching Yarran recently. He is garbage
Clearly unhappy with where he is playing and wants to leave imo. Remember people were saying (certainly on Nicks anyway) that Varcoe was garbage and it was a hare brained decision to get him last year. Look at how Varcoe has performed for us? He's been given a new lease of life as a footballer and is excelling for us.

I'm willing to bet Yarran would do the same for us as well. The bloke has massive talent, has shown he can play some great football and probably just needs a new environment and maybe new on field role to get back to his best. I'd definitely target him for the right price.

Geelong: Dangerfield

Adelaide: Geelong's First Pick, Shaz, Kennedy

Collingwood: Motlop, Geelong's 2nd Pick.

Win Win Win.
I actually don't think that would be far off the mark but would rather something other than Kennedy say Fasolo or maybe Seedsman dont know that you guys would part with either of them thow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually don't think that would be far off the mark but would rather something other than Kennedy say Fasolo or maybe Seedsman dont know that you guys would part with either of them thow

If Dangerfield wants to leave to Geelong why would he sign a deal with Adelaide and force them to trade him to Geelong when the trade might break down?

If Dangerfield wants to leave to Geelong why would he sign a deal with Adelaide and force them to trade him to Geelong when the trade might break down?
Due to being a Restricted free agent Adelaide has the right to match the offer (Which they have said they would do) therefor Dangerfield has 3 options 1. Stay at Adelaide on the matched offer, 2. Seek a trade to the club of his choice or 3. PSD

Clearly unhappy with where he is playing and wants to leave imo. Remember people were saying (certainly on Nicks anyway) that Varcoe was garbage and it was a hare brained decision to get him last year. Look at how Varcoe has performed for us? He's been given a new lease of life as a footballer and is excelling for us.

I'm willing to bet Yarran would do the same for us as well. The bloke has massive talent, has shown he can play some great football and probably just needs a new environment and maybe new on field role to get back to his best. I'd definitely target him for the right price.
Perhaps. But I don't think Travis Varcoe could ever be accused of not trying or laying down. The last few weeks Yarran has pulled out numerous times and IMO has been so half hearted its not funny. He is supposed to be a professional. What do you consider the right price? The way he is at the moment I wouldn't give Carlton anything near what they will want. Lets be honest, it'll be a 1st round pick. If you could forsee him coming with a fresh attitude etc etc, at a stretch maybe our 2nd round pick is what I'd consider. I agree his best is pretty good. I'm just not seeing the effort at the moment.

I like too try and entice Kyle Martin back to the black and white, was not given enough time in the seniors to develop but starred almost every game in magoos, will be interesting to see how monk Hurst develops and I believe there is some
Talent in the magoos.
Abbott
Cox
still
Moloney
green hough
freeman injury free
marsh
just some notables..

I am more thinking at the Moment. Is Greenwood. He has come in and been underwhelming

Greenwood has come in off a broken bone in his leg. Yesterday he was one of the very few who had a red hot crack inside the contest.
Completely unfair to single him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back