Toast Corey Gault promoted to senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Corey, now please play his a ruckman and not a permanent forward.

collingwoodfc: Good news for @CoreyGault44. The Magpie big man has been upgraded onto our senior list in place of the injured @oxy_4 http://t.co/n8k4G7INeF

@AFL_PKeane: Collingwood has upgraded Corey Gault from the rookie list as the replacement for Adam Oxley, who was already on the long-term injury list.

Well done Corey, now please play his a ruckman and not a permanent forward.

Not unless we're dropping one of Witts or Grundy (I say Grundy, 'cause, well, you know...) ;)

And anyway, I'm not sure sending him in to face a monster like Mumford is the best way to blood a kid who is, IMO, still not quite ready for senior footy yet...

Anyway, well done to him.

Hope he plays well and gets the post-game Gatorade shower...

We'd have to drop one of Grundy or Witts to form him to play in the ruck. And at the moment i don't think we have the luxury of dropping players.

Good luck to the kid. Doesn't matter where you were drafted, how old you are or anything else once you walk out on the ground wearing the Black and White. You're a Collingwood player and we'll cheer for you.

Not unless we're dropping one of Witts or Grundy (I say Grundy, 'cause, well, you know...) ;)

And anyway, I'm not sure sending him in to face a monster like Mumford is the best way to blood a kid who is, IMO, still not quite ready for senior footy yet...
He just doesn't seem like an AFL class forward yet, but when put on the ball (ruck) in the VFL in recent weeks has really shown an ability to not only win ruck contests but also win the ball.

His marking his one of his biggest weaknesses at the moment, so I'd like to see Witts or Grundy played as a permanent forward, we need to develop that side of their game too.

He just doesn't seem like an AFL class forward yet, but when put on the ball (ruck) in the VFL in recent weeks has really shown an ability to not only win ruck contests but also win the ball.

His marking his one of his biggest weaknesses at the moment, so I'd like to see Witts or Grundy played as a permanent forward, we need to develop that side of their game too.

Fair enough.

So put Grundy at FF and put Gault In his position?

Jesse White will be full forward, and he'll probably play better than he ever has for us.

But if we don't name Lynch (which could still happen) we need a third tall forward, and that's either Gault or one of the two young rucks.

Grundy should play in the ruck against Mumford though. Could teach him a lesson about controlled aggression.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesse White will be full forward, and he'll probably play better than he ever has for us.

But if we don't name Lynch (which could still happen) we need a third tall forward, and that's either Gault or one of the two young rucks.

I have Gault or 1 of the Rucks way ahead of Lynch.

Lynch is like a Glacier out there.

Don’t think Mumford won’t teach him during a game

Well the kind of ruckman i hope Grundy turns out to be like is Mumford. So i think it could be a good development for him to play on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back