Mega Thread Crows Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read this on afl.com.au

AFL UMPIRES coach Hayden Kennedy has conceded Collingwood forward Travis Cloke deserved more free kicks during Sunday’s game against Adelaide at the MCG.

Magpies coach Nathan Buckley noted after the game that Cloke had not received any help from the umpires, and the 27-year-old forward said on Monday defenders still got away with more than they should.

Kennedy told Whistleblowers on AFL.com.au on Tuesday that Cloke deserved several free kicks during the contest.

"We know that Travis [Cloke] should have got a couple more free kicks. There were certainly some in the last quarter which we thought he should have been paid," Kennedy said.

However, Kennedy said the umpires were happy with the way one-on-one marking contests were being adjudicated.

"We're more than happy with the consistency in how we've adjudged marking contests this year," Kennedy said.

The umpires are coached so one views the grappling between a forward and defender down the field, while the other focuses on the play.

On Sunday, Adelaide kicked the final four goals of the game against Collingwood to win by 16 points.

Kennedy also said the umpires were content with the decision not to pay Sydney Swans' forward Adam Goodes a mark in the goalsquare late in the game against Hawthorn.

"[We're] more than happy with the play-on call. It's as close as you are going to get to a mark but the umpire has to make a decision as to whether Goodes has controlled it," Kennedy said. "The umpire decided that he hadn't."

Is it just me or is that crazy? Didn't think it needed its own thread but thought it deserved to be addressed somewhere on this board.

No mention of that obvious missed free kick to Eddie Betts in the goal square then?

Completely unrelated but since it's the media thread I will mention that Rob Chapman will be on 5AA after 5.

I put 2 and 2 together. Rucci spends 4 months in Italy every year - Pafs favorite food is pizza--HELLO!

PAF backwards is FAP .... Just sayin'
Adds weight to your argument IMO
....:)

'King-maker' Roo basically tells Rucci to stop making s**t up.:thumbsu:

"After nearly two months in the job I’d like to address a couple of rumours that have been flying around in the past.

There is no split in the board.

There is no past player revolt.

There has been no takeover of the board.

At this stage, I have no intentions of being the chairman of the football club and to think I’m the “king-maker” is embarrassing to me and disrespectful to others at the club.

I think it’s important for readers to remember that journalists’ opinions are only opinions and not always the best reflection of the situation, so treat them accordingly"

Dear Michelangelo,

you went on radio today and said you were misquoted. Yes, misquoted……MIS*******QUOTED?? Rooch you muppett, you wrote that Roo was the king maker. I read your dumbass snide article. (a snide article by you about the Crows - who'd have thunk?)

Misquoted? You bloody liar.

Then you say if someone's got something to say to you, then say it to your face. Maaaaate. You'd s**t for a week if Roo took you to task about it face to face.

Kind Regards

Footy4ever K?

Dear Michelangelo,

you went on radio today and said you were misquoted. Yes, misquoted……MIS*******QUOTED?? Rooch you muppett, you wrote that Roo was the king maker. I read your dumbass snide article. (a snide article by you about the Crows - who'd have thunk?)

Misquoted? You bloody liar.

Then you say if someone's got something to say to you, then say it to your face. Maaaaate. You'd s**t for a week if Roo took you to task about it face to face.

Kind Regards

Footy4ever K?

Heard that as well. The guy is a disgusting joke of a journalist. Twisted his own quotes to make himself look good. Its not like they were anyone else's quotes because no one would give them to him in the first place.

Looking forward to his big voicemail-gate scoop tomorrow after he called the club and got an answering machine.

Heard that as well. The guy is a disgusting joke of a journalist. Twisted his own quotes to make himself look good. Its not like they were anyone else's quotes because no one would give them to him in the first place.

Looking forward to his big voicemail-gate scoop tomorrow after he called the club and got an answering machine.
Poor Rooch must have been offended that his number showed up on the switchboard and they threw him to voicemail.

Poor Rooch must have been offended that his number showed up on the switchboard and they threw him to voicemail.

Haha that's what I thought. Seriously though can you imagine all of the prank calls they would get along the lines of "give me the job, I can't be any worse than Triggy". Ruccis been looking for an exclusive for years and this ain't it.

Must do some real damage to his ego seeing the likes of Caro breaking SA stories time after time, it would go a long way towards explaining his journolistic style. Cheif footy writer and he's reduced to stirring up supporters with petty opinion pieces disguised as news.

Haha that's what I thought. Seriously though can you imagine all of the prank calls they would get along the lines of "give me the job, I can't be any worse than Triggy". Ruccis been looking for an exclusive for years and this ain't it.

Must do some real damage to his ego seeing the likes of Caro breaking SA stories time after time, it would go a long way towards explaining his journolistic style. Cheif footy writer and he's reduced to stirring up supporters with petty opinion pieces disguised as news.

I think you are giving Rucci too much credit, I doubt the guy sees himself as simply a stirrer, he probably thinks, sure let the big boys in melbourne get the big stories if they want, he even probably thinks that he does all the hard work and then they just pick up the pieces that he left.

Is there anybody out there that sees M Rucci's 'articles' as anything other than a vehicle for his childish cheap shots at the Crows? if there are words meaning more pathetic than 'Pathetic' or more childish than 'childish' or more petty than 'petty', I would use them. Seriously Rooch, FFS find a life.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's up with Rucci's black cat curse article?

Is he trying to Jynx Adelaide Oval for the Crows forever? Does he really believe in Black Magic? Was there empty space to waste in the paper today? Is he being serious and thinks that this is a good reason for the Crows to have our own covered stadium?
He is obsessed with this Gerrard thing. Hutchy has already ridiculed him for this......

Is he trying to Jynx Adelaide Oval for the Crows forever? Does he really believe in Black Magic? Was there empty space to waste in the paper today? Is he being serious and thinks that this is a good reason for the Crows to have our own covered stadium?
He is obsessed with this Gerrard thing. Hutchy has already ridiculed him for this......

I'd say he's trying to jinx us. You would only write about this if you were attempting to attach the stigma of a curse to the club because as far as everyone else is concerned, it's a non event. I think he thinks he can continue to refer back to the black cat in the coming years when things aren't going well for the Crows, this article is planting the seed and clearly any self respecting journalist wouldn't write about this. If you are a journalist that hates the Crows and want to take subtle shots at them as often as you can, this article makes perfect sense. Remember the Collingwood curse? It was only a thing because the media kept talking about it. I wish our local rag could employ a quality person to be the chief football writer, but we're stuck with the Roach unfortunately.

There is no end too obtuse for the Rooch when it comes to the crows. He takes anything, repeat anything, and tries to make it an issue for, or a negative or a mockery of, the AFC. He is a deadset campaigner.

I know it's 5AA (where the A stands for Arseclown) but I have to laugh at Rowie a bit.

He apparently knows who the new list manager is.

But he won't tell anyone.

A journalist would consider it a scoop. Not Rowie, he thinks it's a secret.

Although it's hilarious to consider today they started talking about maybe the line coaches are due for a shake-up. Camporeale is out of contract at season's end, and he's made noises about wanting a change (!). But Bicks still has a year to go! You can't cut him! These guys have families!

It would be hilarious if it wasn't sad.

I know it's 5AA (where the A stands for Arseclown) but I have to laugh at Rowie a bit.

He apparently knows who the new list manager is.

But he won't tell anyone.

A journalist would consider it a scoop. Not Rowie, he thinks it's a secret.

Although it's hilarious to consider today they started talking about maybe the line coaches are due for a shake-up. Camporeale is out of contract at season's end, and he's made noises about wanting a change (!). But Bicks still has a year to go! You can't cut him! These guys have families!

It would be hilarious if it wasn't sad.

So true deanus! Bickley could get a job elsewhere anyway! Sure he may have to move but would probably able to get a job on similar money quite easily.

I really doubt Rowie knows for SURE who the list manager will be he just has his contacts that say it is likely to be someone but could still change so he doesn't want to say. Or possibly that he could say but it might come back to bite him as it may look bad for the guy who is meant to take over.

I do think Rowie does his research though, a lot more research than KG did, although KG did apparently get there quite early in the day to work on his shift. I think KG probably spent a lot of time going over what he was going to say in his interviews rather than researching statistics, talking to people in the know etc.

When he comes up with something he latches onto it for years, well after anyone has stopped caring. Remember the Thompson bet to wear a Port guernsey? St Neil? The vegemite/marmalade references will outlast Mackay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back