List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Going down the exact same path as Broughton last year with Stanley this year , Broughton had a year to go was delisted , and rookied at that price.

You can't delist a contracted player though and a player cannot nominate for a draft if they have an active contract.

So I presume our contract thread was incorrect or we have payed out a mutually agreed value?

You can't delist a contracted player though and a player cannot nominate for a draft if they have an active contract.

So I presume our contract thread was incorrect or we have payed out a mutually agreed value?

Yes you can , but you have to pay him out . I'm guessing we are going down the same route as Broughton , he'll still be paid out his contract but be on the rookie list . I'm sure Danny has come to some sort of agreement , his position on the list does'nt really change , he can still play rd.1 like everyone else.

Was talking to a footy mate today & he reckons we can indeed list 40 senior players, if we have the available salary cap space to fit them all in.

So after the 1st list lodgement today, we are now down to 31 senior listed players leaving up to 9 senior spots available for recruiting/drafting depending on our cap space.

Plus our 2 x available nominated rookie spots which don't affect senior spots, but do affect the salary cap.

So heaps of available spots for 4 draft picks, upgrading Saad & Brooksby, maybe recruiting Adcock & Grant, but just unknown how many we can fit in our cap?!

Yes you can , but you have to pay him out . I'm guessing we are going down the same route as Broughton , he'll still be paid out his contract but be on the rookie list.

But that means we are paying him twice doesn't it?

To delist Stanley today, his remaining 2016 contract must be payed out.

He then nominates for the rookie draft as an uncontracted player and any club can recruit him, which is the risk.

If we then pick him up with our last rookie pick, we have to offer him a brand new 1yr rookie contract for 2016, meaning double payment I think?

But that means we are paying him twice doesn't it?

To delist Stanley today, his remaining 2016 contract must be payed out.

He then nominates for the rookie draft as an uncontracted player and any club can recruit him, which is the risk.

If we then pick him up with our last rookie pick, we have to offer him a brand new 1yr rookie contract for 2016, meaning double payment I think?

The club has shown its hand with Stanley offering him up for trade , so there not scared of losing him , but the whole matter is a little confusing and it would be good for the club to come out and clear a few things up.

The club has shown its hand with Stanley offering him up for trade , so there not scared of losing him , but the whole matter is a little confusing and it would be good for the club to come out and clear a few things up.
Didn't it come out a bit earlier in the year that he was living with Broughton and they both got in trouble for drinking?

I think this should be a "wake up" call to all of us as "arm chair" critics that playing AFL is a tough gig both physically and mentally.

Plenty of people who will criticise him have no idea of the person he is and the environment that a professional footballer he has to operate within.

I hope Andrew Boston enjoys his post AFL career and enjoys kicking the pig skin around at a local football club.

Have had this happen to a couple of boys of old friends of the family. Both junior stars, destined to play AFL since they were about 12 years old. One retired after about 17 games with the Brisbane Bears, the other after a couple of games with the Dees. Both just lost the passion and possibly the commitment required. Shame after all the years of hard work just to get there. There's plenty of things in life outside of football that are more important I guess. Not everyone wants to live and breathe footy.

Let's not forget he got suspended early in the year for "not meeting professional standards" and I think the rumour at the time was that he had been drinking and rocked up overweight. Is no one else seeing the recurring theme here? Rodney Eade is cleaning the place up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably true but I think he was good enough to keep his spot. I think outside factor have influenced this decision and I also think the club was more involved in the decision than is being reported.
It's just a bit weird that he'd have his contract renewed only for him to say "yeah nah lol" at the exit interviews. Strange.

In other news, we have guernsey numbers 2, 3, 13, 15, and 23 newly available!

Would love to see:

Saad #2
Lonergan #3
Touk #13
Wright #15
Rosa #23

No one worried about the fact that's 3 talented juniors walk out from the Suns in just 12months.?

Sumner Glenn and now Boston.

Could have something Do with how the club is listening and looking after the kids?

I don't know anything or haven't heard of anything.. Just putting it out there.

You are spot on Ben there a large number of players still there that are seriously looking at there future away from the suns post contract some pretty big names as well. Dixon and Bennell despite there issues kicked 70 odd goals last season who is now going to kick those in the forward line thats left. I think in this case its apparent that some players are treated better than some others. Some are given more opportunity that others despite the clubs overall performance being absolutely terrible. If we are going to compare Team Performance under Guy McKenna V Eade then clearly by any measure MCKenna clearly wins hands down. I think Rodney Eade will be a very costly mistake over the course of his tenure at the Suns however long or short that ends up being.

If we are going to compare Team Performance under Guy McKenna V Eade then clearly by any measure MCKenna clearly wins hands down. I think Rodney Eade will be a very costly mistake over the course of his tenure at the Suns however long or short that ends up being.
:drunk:

Don't forget he is/was probably the most overated player on our list

Obviously the Club does not agree with you because they extended his contract this year , also do believe that I heard Eade on more than one occasion
say that Boston had the ability to be 100 game plus player. He is also regarded as the best kick at the club right and left. Not to many on the Suns list who have that abilty.

Let's not forget he got suspended early in the year for "not meeting professional standards" and I think the rumour at the time was that he had been drinking and rocked up overweight. Is no one else seeing the recurring theme here? Rodney Eade is cleaning the place up!

If you don,t know what actually went on don,t make stupid comments and speculate. He was suspended for 3 weeks for Skin folds. Yes skin folds. Amazingly though the NEAFL game the week before he had 28 possies and covered 14.2KM according to Champion Stats. Me thinks someone at the club ****ed up there. Lesson for you in future don,t listen to rumours rely on facts.

If you don,t know what actually went on don,t make stupid comments and speculate. He was suspended for 3 weeks for Skin folds. Yes skin folds. Amazingly though the NEAFL game the week before he had 28 possies and covered 14.2KM according to Champion Stats. Me thinks someone at the club stuffed up there. Lesson for you in future don,t listen to rumours rely on facts.
Is it not possible his skin folds were too high because he had been drinking? I did say the rumour was he was overweight which would imply he failed the skin folds test...

Obviously the Club does not agree with you because they extended his contract this year , also do believe that I heard Eade on more than one occasion
say that Boston had the ability to be 100 game plus player. He is also regarded as the best kick at the club right and left. Not to many on the Suns list who have that abilty.
Yeah I'd say only one does. Unless there was some kind of tie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back