List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nominating us is the only way we can get this done as I see it.

If it becomes a bidding war or he nominates 4 or 5 Vic clubs you have to start looking at it like this....

What would you want in return for Selwood if he wanted out?

Because Dangerfield, in my mind, is Adelaide's equivalent.
Just because you have a fuguire in mind when selling doesn't mean you'll get it.

Just because you have a fuguire in mind when selling doesn't mean you'll get it.
Just because you have a figure in mind when buying doesn't mean you'll get it either.

Good luck getting a Grange Hermitage at a Bin 28 price.

Last edited:
That's exactly right, it's going to take a lot more than our crappy 1st rounder and some unproven or unfulfilled players like HSmith and/or Murdoch.

Yes but they are sitting on a bomb .

Now
There is no trade that we or most clubs could do , certainly the clubs that he probably would choose to go to that would give fair value ...
Melb trade P2 & P3 and player yes but would he go there ?.....

but wait 12 months , when and If the new coach inspires the team .... they may end up with a pick similar to our R1 this year . Full Stop.

The bomb is ticking , and if they can not get him to sign an extension , they must start to calculate the possible downside. They may decide to roll the dice and match any offer , banking that any deal put to him they can match. That's dangerous , a lot of clubs and one will come up with a nutjob Buddy offer to get him. Imagine him coming off a good year.

Tick, tick , tick

he is going nowhere
the players got rid of sando - nothing is clearer
there was too much we etc - he is not moving
as for salary cap rorting - 4 amigos own a pub, guess what the big boys in adelaide do, hold a $200,000 event at the club - top 3 players get extra 50k or so
anyway - move on people this train is not heading down the highway

he is going nowhere
the players got rid of sando - nothing is clearer
there was too much we etc - he is not moving
as for salary cap rorting - 4 amigos own a pub, guess what the big boys in adelaide do, hold a $200,000 event at the club - top 3 players get extra 50k or so
anyway - move on people this train is not heading down the highway

Not at all convinced about this

Good to be cautious though.

The best thing about Dangerfield appearing to be uninterested in a trade at this point is that we get a WHOLE YEAR OF SPECULATION about his movement as a free agent.

/sarcasm

I don't think anyone expected him to sit there on the footy show and say, "I'm really disappointed in the club, my manager has been talking to other clubs, I'm keeping my options open, but it's clear that my intentions are to leave Adelaide".
I really don't like the thought of Hawthorn sniffing around. I really, really, really don't like it. That is a massive blow to us if he leaves Adelaide and goes to the Hawks.

Talking to Clarko about International Rules? Didn't he also say he was trying to get over some niggling injuries for the start of preseason? Wouldn't be playing International Rules if that was the case I would have thought.

I really don't like the thought of Hawthorn sniffing around. I really, really, really don't like it. That is a massive blow to us if he leaves Adelaide and goes to the Hawks.

Talking to Clarko about International Rules? Didn't he also say he was trying to get over some niggling injuries for the start of preseason? Wouldn't be playing International Rules if that was the case I would have thought.

I took that comment re International Rules as a bared faced lie. Why would Clarkson on the eve of a prelim final be concerned about International Rules? Garbage. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I found PD to be a bit smug and disingenuous. He lacked empathy for Sanderson I thought. Until he actually signs with us, I'm certainly not going to get excited at all about him coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone expected him to sit there on the footy show and say, "I'm really disappointed in the club, my manager has been talking to other clubs, I'm keeping my options open, but it's clear that my intentions are to leave Adelaide".
Spot on. His appearance on TFS tells us very little. One of two things was going to happen:

1. He would confirm Chapman's comments by saying the players had lost faith in the coach and the players were supportive of the decision to sack (unlikely, but possible if it was as clear cut as Chapman suggested).

2. He plays the diplomat and speaks of unity and doesn't give much at all away - i.e. What we actually saw. Which could mean EITHER he is unhappy about it OR he is unhappy about it but he's professional enough not to give away the game when there's no point in doing so on national TV.

As you say, he was never going to break ranks on TFS and blow everything to pieces.

Dangerfield's relationship with Sando wasn't as strong as you may think it was, from what I've here'd danger hated the way Sando tried to affect his game this year. I don't know what you've here'd but I don't know how you could think roo would ask to sack Sando without our best players knowledge...
I wasn't saying that is what will happen, I was saying that is the only practical way it could happen (this year).

Doesn't bother me to be honest. Anyone notice what they do? They see holes in their list and actually fill them. With players who can do the job. And stay fit. As a club we could learn a thing or two from that.

Spot on. His appearance on TFS tells us very little. One of two things was going to happen:

1. He would confirm Chapman's comments by saying the players had lost faith in the coach and the players were supportive of the decision to sack (unlikely, but possible if it was as clear cut as Chapman suggested).

2. He plays the diplomat and speaks of unity and doesn't give much at all away - i.e. What we actually saw. Which could mean EITHER he is unhappy about it OR he is unhappy about it but he's professional enough not to give away the game when there's no point in doing so on national TV.

As you say, he was never going to break ranks on TFS and blow everything to pieces.

My impression was that he was a bit stronger in supporting the decision of the club than that. I came away after watching his performance thinking there was absolutely NO chance of him moving this year at all. Next year is a completely different thing altogether however.

excellent lock it in
if players believe they control a club, you don't want them
look at Collingwood as to how disruptive it can be

we have a great culture and don't need player power
Matthew Scarlett said on open mike he and a few others were going to walk out if Bomber was not to coach.Pretty sure he was talking about Daryn Cresswell.

My impression was that he was a bit stronger in supporting the decision of the club than that. I came away after watching his performance thinking there was absolutely NO chance of him moving this year at all. Next year is a completely different thing altogether however.
It was interesting reading reactions to his performance on TFS. They covered the full range from he's speaking complete BS, to he is furious about the decision, to he is smug and fully behind the position the club took.

That alone tends to indicate you can't read much into it.

It was interesting reading reactions to his performance on TFS. They covered the full range from he's speaking complete BS, to he is furious about the decision, to he is smug and fully behind the position the club took.

That alone tends to indicate you can't read much into it.

Just been sent a photo of Dangerfield. How good does this look IMG_0119.JPG

Food for thought -

In regards to his contract with the Crows, Dangerfield stressed he wanted to stay with the Crows when his current deal expires at the end of next season.

"I understand it (the speculation) but it's ridiculous. It's a full 12 months away. Taylor Walker (and) Rory Sloane are in the same position. We love playing at the club. We have a terrific group. We're really well supported. In terms of discussing my contract ... it's premature. We're in a transitional period with our coach and it's not something that needs to be discussed.

"I love the city, I love the club, I love playing there. And that's all that needs to be said."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...angerfield-20140918-10j1qi.html#ixzz3DixOdFl4

Food for thought -

In regards to his contract with the Crows, Dangerfield stressed he wanted to stay with the Crows when his current deal expires at the end of next season.

"I understand it (the speculation) but it's ridiculous. It's a full 12 months away. Taylor Walker (and) Rory Sloane are in the same position. We love playing at the club. We have a terrific group. We're really well supported. In terms of discussing my contract ... it's premature. We're in a transitional period with our coach and it's not something that needs to be discussed.

"I love the city, I love the club, I love playing there. And that's all that needs to be said."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...angerfield-20140918-10j1qi.html#ixzz3DixOdFl4
A little bald bloke said something to that effect once upon a time too...

Matthew Scarlett said on open mike he and a few others were going to walk out if Bomber was not to coach.Pretty sure he was talking about Daryn Cresswell.

And look how good that went. The players have a right to say, but holding the scissors to cut the ties, that's not what any merit based decision process should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back