List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL needs to get up to speed with the U.S sports and start trading future draft picks.

Our next 2 1st round draft picks + player
What happens if someone doee another "Kurt Tippett" and loses their draft picks the year that they're supposed to trade them? I'm guessing that it would just carry forward two years. I don't think that the AFL would be comfortable letting teams trade draft picks which they haven't yet acquired.

What do you guys reckon would be a fair trade in return for Danger? Not considering him leaving or anything just curious.
Btw do not want Horlin-Smith.

Enough that it will hurt but no so much that its jumping off a cliff. He is FA next year
If FA you get a R1 around 10 maybe later if the new coach comes in and works.
Id give R1 plus two players. Which players would depend on who you would take and who we would let go.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading's no good to us, tell him to hang in til next year.

Fred bird in the hand stuff , I agree I love to get him for dollars only but do we have any idea what we would have to offer him to make it happen.
My guess is a contract at around 1.5M per year *3 , something that would make our SC very difficult to manage.

Fred bird in the hand stuff , I agree I love to get him for dollars only but do we have any idea what we would have to offer him to make it happen.
My guess is a contract at around 1.5M per year *3 , something that would make our SC very difficult to manage.

One problem is the 2015 TPP, the other is we've got nothing Adelaide wants and we'd give. And going into the draft would be a hollow threat on his part, he'd never risk it. So Adelaide would be under no real pressure to deal.

One problem is the 2015 TPP, the other is we've got nothing Adelaide wants and we'd give. And going into the draft would be a hollow threat on his part, he'd never risk it. So Adelaide would be under no real pressure to deal.

2015 TPP
My guess is we have 3 to 4 players with deals we may be able to ask for a different arrangement , perhaps giving us more space in 2015 and using some space in 16 and 17. The actually offer to Danger would be able to be far more reasonable in a trade. Not a 1.5 M type thing
As far as we have nothing they want; I doubt it . Of course we have player they want , they question is do we trade them. How much pain to get a deal done.
The Pressure for Adelaide is IF he will not sign an extension. If someone offers an offer they can not match , they will get P8-P14 , depending on how well they go with a new coach.
Trade now the min they will get is an R1 equal to or better than that , plus picks and players. And do not rule out other parties coming in.
Personally I'd trade our R1 and a couple of players to get it done.

2015 TPP
My guess is we have 3 to 4 players with deals we may be able to ask for a different arrangement , perhaps giving us more space in 2015 and using some space in 16 and 17. The actually offer to Danger would be able to be far more reasonable in a trade. Not a 1.5 M type thing
As far as we have nothing they want; I doubt it . Of course we have player they want , they question is do we trade them. How much pain to get a deal done.
The Pressure for Adelaide is IF he will not sign an extension. If someone offers an offer they can not match , they will get P8-P14 , depending on how well they go with a new coach.
Trade now the min they will get is an R1 equal to or better than that , plus picks and players. And do not rule out other parties coming in.
Personally I'd trade our R1 and a couple of players to get it done.

So would I, but who can we afford to hand over? I can't think of anyone who would satisfy Adelaide.

So would I, but who can we afford to hand over? I can't think of anyone who would satisfy Adelaide.

As I said , it my involve a third party. GHS for instance may appeal more to Port rather than the Crows. But as it stands I would trade most the players mentioned in this thread. But just like with Frawley we would have to decide what is reasonable , Our R1 , Duncan and Molop for instance is a bit too much.

Far from the type of player that we need.

I would give our first rounder and varcoe + a youngster who is outside our best 20 or so (who that might be i am not sure).

He is worth more than that but with the possibility to get him FA next year thats the max we will offer

I guess that is the issue, both of what we can afford, and what the crows want in return in consideration of possibly getting nothing.

If he leaves, wouldn't they also get a compo pick based on the new salary?

Enough that it will hurt but no so much that its jumping off a cliff. He is FA next year
If FA you get a R1 around 10 maybe later if the new coach comes in and works.
Id give R1 plus two players. Which players would depend on who you would take and who we would let go.

If we are to get him in trade varcoe is odds on to be involved (either to adel or a 3rd club) as he is FA next year and we would need to clear the cap space. I still think with the second player they would ask for a gun youngster who we wont give up.

I've mentioned this a couple times already and have no clue where it originally came from but Varcoe was rumored to be one of the players in the Dangerfield trade. I'm not sure why though as he's not really the player he was after the foot/ankle injuries.

Because he is on a lot of money and a free agent next year and dangerfield would take up a huge amount of cap.

I wouldnt read much more into than that,its just an obvious bow to draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back