List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever you're on I want some. You are out of your cotton picking mind one boob. Give me Bundy any time over Guthrie.and Caddy is going nowhere.
Just an opinion and yes I'm slightly out of my mind: Been at the desk since 6am (it's 7am here) writing and trying to get some coffee inside me.

Just an opinion and yes I'm slightly out of my mind: Been at the desk since 6am (it's 7am here) writing and trying to get some coffee inside me.
Tell me about ha just brewed my third, trade radio on the headphone, talking crap on here and creating Facebook ads at the same time. Who said men can't multi-task!

I love me some trade radio but I find Purple and Plow's voices a tad annoying so I dip in and out whilst looking at the twitter, and making grand claims about the best metrics to use when making decisions of public policy. :drunk:

That's IF we get him free next year.

Danger would be our first or second best mid and is above any of other midfielder on our list and has a higher ceiling.

I'd much rather take the chance of getting him free next year than carving a massive whole in our list to get him this year. It's likely that if he wants to come to us this year then he'll want to come to us next year too.

We would have to pay overs for sure.

So if they'll only accept overs what are you offering? Pick 14 clearly won't get it done. Pick 14 and Guthrie/Caddy/Duncan probably won't get it done. Realistically to convince the crows this year we'd have to offer up something like pick 14 + Guthrie/Caddy/Duncan + Horlin-Smith. So we'd be giving up an a-grade young talent, another solid young player and a first round pick. Would you do that? I sure hope he doesn't get injured after we've traded away half our midfield for him...

I'd much rather take the chance of getting him free next year than carving a massive whole in our list to get him this year. It's likely that if he wants to come to us this year then he'll want to come to us next year too.

So if they'll only accept overs what are you offering? Pick 14 clearly won't get it done. Pick 14 and Guthrie/Caddy/Duncan probably won't get it done. Realistically to convince the crows this year we'd have to offer up something like pick 14 + Guthrie/Caddy/Duncan + Horlin-Smith. So we'd be giving up an a-grade young talent, another solid young player and a first round pick. Would you do that? I sure hope he doesn't get injured after we've traded away half our midfield for him...

You answered the question yourself, if he wants to come to us, he requests to come to us or he walks for free end of next year. We would have leverage.

Would give up first pick and one of the kids, would get it done, Judd went for about that.

And no we won't give up A Grade kid because none of them are A grade yet.

You answered the question yourself, if he wants to come to us, he requests to come to us or he walks for free end of next year. We would have leverage.

Would give up first pick and one of the kids, would get it done, Judd went for about that.

Exactly. We won't have to pay overs. Danger does what Danger wants.

No Judd went for pick 3, pick 20 and the pick 4 from the pick 4 from 2 years earlier who was an extremely talented key position player and worth a top 10 pick at minimum on his own.

So Judd was worth Pick 3, Kennedy (~pick 5) and pick 20. That's a heck of a lot more than pick 14 and GHS (worth ~pick 20). You just said previously that we'd need to pay overs and now you're saying we'd get him for just our first pick and a nonA-grade youngster?

I think you guys are assuming Danger doesn't want to do the right thing by Adelaide and ensure they're well compensated. That didn't work well last year for us with Adams, he wanted GWS well compensated and subsequently he went to Collingwood while GWS got Shaw.

No Judd went for pick 3, pick 20 and the pick 4 from the pick 4 from 2 years earlier who was an extremely talented key position player and worth a top 10 pick at minimum on his own.

So Judd was worth Pick 3, Kennedy (~pick 5) and pick 20. That's a heck of a lot more than pick 14 and GHS (worth ~pick 20). You just said previously that we'd need to pay overs and now you're saying we'd get him for just our first pick and a nonA-grade youngster?

Kennedy struggled at Carlton, he wasn't living up to his pick 5. Plus they got a 2nd rounder from West Coast. He didn't flourish till later, where as the kids I'm talking about are more established and worth more.

I think you and I are at a difference to the term A grade though. To me, the only A graders on our list are Hawkins, Taylor and Selwood.

The rest aren't, GHS certainly won't be enough, it would have to be Duncan, Caddy, Guthrie in that mix plus our first rounder.

If it's GHS then another player like Murdoch would have to be there as well, plus a pick.

Kennedy struggled at Carlton, he wasn't living up to his pick 5. Plus they got a 2nd rounder from West Coast.

I think you and I are at a difference to the term A grade though. To me, the only A graders on our list are Hawkins, Taylor and Selwood.

The rest aren't, GHS certainly won't be enough, it would have to be Duncan, Caddy, Guthrie in that mix plus our first rounder.

Kennedy was still easily worth a top 10 pick. Plowman right now would be worth a top 10 pick and he's shown less than Kennedy had.

So you're willing to give up our first plus Duncan/Caddy/Guthrie? Would you throw GHS in as well because I doubt they'd accept the first offer?

I love me some trade radio but I find Purple and Plow's voices a tad annoying so I dip in and out whilst looking at the twitter, and making grand claims about the best metrics to use when making decisions of public policy. :drunk:

Listening to them but a bit obstinate aren't they. One still will not admit it was a good deal done by Roos to get Tyson last year , the other s obsolete going off about FA comp , and FA's always going to the top clubs

The thing with FA is that its still early days , the AFL will watch it all then adjust once they have enough data. Im steadfast in my opinion that the club losing the player should get comp , but im starting to sway to an adjustment where the FA becomes sort of like a Father Son. He nominates the club and the money , and then they pay whatever another club would. For instance Frawley has nominated Hawks , we would say yes he is worth our R1 , the Hawks must use their R1. At least that way the top side can not double dip , as the Hawks will this year.

The club gets that pick, his value is set by the market. Not perfect but an adjustment that will put the brakes on the top sides a little.

What I do get annoyed at is when they say Hmac , and Clark is FA. Not every player movement is FA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you guys are assuming Danger doesn't want to do the right thing by Adelaide and ensure they're well compensated. That didn't work well last year for us with Adams, he wanted GWS well compensated and subsequently he went to Collingwood while GWS got Shaw.

If we are talking about Dangerfield leaving at the end of next season it's irrelevant and a completely different set of circumstances to Adams leaving GWS. He will be a FA and free to move without a trade. Adelaide receive the same compensation as with any other FA.

Btw I don't think Adams chose Collingwood because he was under the impression they were going to compensate GWS better than us.

If we are talking about Dangerfield leaving at the end of next season it's irrelevant and a completely different set of circumstances to Adams leaving GWS. He will be a FA and free to move without a trade. Adelaide receive the same compensation as with any other FA.

Btw I don't think Adams chose Collingwood because he was under the impression they were going to compensate GWS better than us.

I thought it was . I will go to either. And the Pies had the better deal so he went there.

Id Danger does come out and so OK lets get it done it really does put us in a disadvantage. TRadio was mentioning that he was (Just like Adams) happy with Pies or Cats.

Pies have more interesting players to trade , get a pick for Beems. Scharenberg maybe , add someone else... that could probably get it done
For us... it would take something ridiculous. Our R1+????? who knows

Kennedy was still easily worth a top 10 pick. Plowman right now would be worth a top 10 pick and he's shown less than Kennedy had.

So you're willing to give up our first plus Duncan/Caddy/Guthrie? Would you throw GHS in as well because I doubt they'd accept the first offer?

Yup, would do it every day of the week.

I thought it was . I will go to either. And the Pies had the better deal so he went there.

Id Danger does come out and so OK lets get it done it really does put us in a disadvantage. TRadio was mentioning that he was (Just like Adams) happy with Pies or Cats.

Pies have more interesting players to trade , get a pick for Beems. Scharenberg maybe , add someone else... that could probably get it done
For us... it would take something ridiculous. Our R1+????? who knows

TC, I said "if we are talking about Dangerfield leaving at the end of next season".

What ever you're on I want some. You are out of your cotton picking mind one boob. Give me Bundy any time over Guthrie.and Caddy is going nowhere.

I was more disturbed by his desire to give Duncan away. He is the best kick of the footy in the team.

TC, I said "if we are talking about Dangerfield leaving at the end of next season".

Yes you did , although as I say it wouldn't be a total surprise that the Crows try to get a deal done this year.

I wonder what we would do , if we he the best young star (Menzel was heading there) and he is a FA next year , and he will not sign an extension.
Would we tray to trade him now? Trouble with it going that way is a lot less options. Crows or Port.

The judd conparison is stupid because free agency didnt exist at the time.

No club will pay that much for someone who is a free agent in 12 months.

Also we need to get talking to Sloane's manger. He comes out of contract the year after. Backup plan /come join your mate.

I haven't dug up any articles from that time, but I'm pretty sure Kennedy was underwhelming at Carlton, and trading him along with pick 3 and 20 was in no way as though they were also trading pick 5-10.

Anyway, my thoughts on trading for Danger are that it's only worth it if we don't have to give up one of Caddy, Guthrie, Duncan or Bundy. The thing is, attracting one of the game's top 5 midfielders is all well and good, but a midfield group is only premiership worthy when it has 3 or 4 A-graders plus another 4 or 5 B+ players. Depth is critical. Selwood and Danger is a great starting point, but if we have traded away our depth in order to get Dangerfield, or one of the only guys likely to make the step to A-grader, we'll still behind the 8 ball.

So I'd only trade if we could get him for unders on account of him being a FA next year - say, for our first pick and second picks + GHS/Murdoch. Otherwise, next year is our go.

but a midfield group is only premiership worthy when it has 3 or 4 A-graders plus another 4 or 5 B+ players. Depth is critical.
Crows show exactly this point. Danger and Sloan then zip. And as a result the Crows are pretty sucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back