List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that he will be offered a front loaded contract of 5 mill over 5 years.

If the Crows were to offer him less, I would take the go-home-package personally.

Life is far more important than footy. If his personal life is an issue where he wants to be home, then he should take this offer.

Mind you though if he is coming back to Victoria, a lot of your neighbours will offer him at least $1.2m to compete with the Cats.

If the Crows were to offer him less, I would take the go-home-package personally.

Life is far more important than footy. If his personal life is an issue where he wants to be home, then he should take this offer.

Mind you though if he is coming back to Victoria, a lot of your neighbours will offer him at least $1.2m to compete with the Cats.

I posted this on the main board thread as well and I think it will end up being one of the key deciding factors.

You also have to take into consideration that Danger is getting married, and you could probably assume that within his next contract that he will most likely have kids, considering that whoever he commits to, will most likely be where he stays for the rest of his footy career.

So if you think that way, where does he and his wife want to start a family and raise his kids? This will be his chance to move to his preferred destination, should it not be Adelaide where he wants to start a family.

The whole way through my opinion has been that he will either stay at the Crows or he will decide to play for the Cats. I can't see him playing anywhere else, but you are right in that there will be alot of money being thrown around.

And as Alkanphel has pointed out I get the feeling that it will have as much to do with life outside of footy, rather than being purely a football based decision.

The whole way through my opinion has been that he will either stay at the Crows or he will decide to play for the Cats. I can't see him playing anywhere else, but you are right in that there will be alot of money being thrown around.

And as Alkanphel has pointed out I get the feeling that it will have as much to do with life outside of footy, rather than being purely a football based decision.

I can.
I would not be surprised at all if he signed with a club like Collingwood or the Dawks.

Which is fair enough really. Big decisions need to take everything into consideration.

I can.
I would not be surprised at all if he signed with a club like Collingwood or the Dawks.
I can't see why any high profile FA would want to play for Collingwood atm. They're a club that I'd be staying clear of if I wanted success imo.

As for the Hawks, I don't think they'll have the salary cap space along with the fact that Danger strikes me as a bloke who would rather not live in the big smoke.

Of course Rabbi it's just an opinion and I could be wrong. The good news is that we are only 9 months away from finding out! :D

I can't see why any high profile FA would want to play for Collingwood atm. They're a club that I'd be staying clear of if I wanted success imo.

As for the Hawks, I don't think they'll have the salary cap space along with the fact that Danger strikes me as a bloke who would rather not live in the big smoke.

Of course Rabbi it's just an opinion and I could be wrong. The good news is that we are only 9 months away from finding out! :D

While all Vic Clubs may hate the Pies, they are viewed as the most powerful Club in Victoria, the money and exposure of the Dangerfield brand could sell a lot of memberships.

Plus they need to save face for losing Beams.

While all Vic Clubs may hate the Pies, they are viewed as the most powerful Club in Victoria, the money and exposure of the Dangerfield brand could sell a lot of memberships.

Plus they need to save face for losing Beams.
I used to hate Collingwood but I don't really hate them any more. It probably has a bit to do with 2011 but I also used to work with a couple of feral Collingwood supporters so I'm sure that didn't help either. I just don't see why Danger would want to play for them when they have been declining every year since 2011 and personally I think it's going to get worse before it gets better, but that is subjective of course. We're much further advanced in our transition to be able to give him a chance to play in a strong team whilst also allowing him to live closer to home aswell.

In your post you've given some good reasons as to why Collingwood would want Danger but none to suggest why Danger would want to go there imo.

In your post you've given some good reasons as to why Collingwood would want Danger but none to suggest why Danger would want to go there imo.

The Maguire-Dangerfield combo has a very much Maguire-Buckley feel to it.

Dangerfield loves the media and Eddie has connections to assist him in that area, being at Collingwood he will be relatively close to home too. The Pies offer in terms of $$$$ will trump the Cats, its just whether he wants to go there in the end of the day.

Once Swan goes, its just Cloke and Pendles on big contracts really.

What does this board think that Danger would be offered by the Cats? $1m/season ????

Grotto , have been perusing the "Crow only" thread on your board , and while your board doesn't want outside contribution , we are happy enough to have outside comment as long as it stays respectful. So a cautious welcome.

Just like on your board there is a wide range of opinion on the payment criteria. Certainly we have traditionally been a pay under's side but RFA sort of knocks that around, if you want the player you must go higher than a current club would... ie so change our approach or do not bother.
It why I think we will wait for Crows to negotiate with Danger thru one two , three or more offers...eventually a line will be drawn and Geelong will have a feeling for what they have to do to get past an matchable offer. If its over the top , I suspect we will initially make the RFA offer a 2 year deal... for eg. if the Crows draw the line at 900 , Geelong may offer 2.5M for 2 years. But I also assume that once he is Geelong player they will extend out to 5 or 6 years and average it down so that its more in line with what Selwood and Hawkins would be getting. I suspect this would be all agreed to and Danger would know that our sides success is based around sharing the money as equally as possible within talent tiers. So in the end he may end up on 850 or 950 average for eg 1.25 , 1.25 , .8 , .8 , .8 , .8

The player are aware that to bring players in , it comes at a premium ..just like it did for Ottens and Caddy. We need talent his age and we have a heap of talented kids that will start to show if they are up to it from 2016 on. So a premuim player like Danger I suspect something like this would be accepted happily.

Of course the Crows match try to match , some on your board think thats the way to go. The idea situation would be to still let Danger be a FA and we trade a SA player to you with a discount of some sort , allowing him to come in at the right rate and you get more for him but that would be looked at hard by the AFL.

How do you know. He says he is chasing success.
I have a source. It's Geelong preferably or Adelaide if they improve or look like contending the year after. Hawthorn are out of the equation, sorry to disappoint your 70,000 bandwagon supporters who think you'll just keep rolling on by buying the best players in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield loves the media and Eddie has connections to assist him in that area, being at Collingwood he will be relatively close to home too. The Pies offer in terms of $$$$ will trump the Cats, its just whether he wants to go there in the end of the day.

Grotto, and from the same source. Collingwood would love Patty but they're already aware that it's an almost impossible conclusion.

Grotto , have been perusing the "Crow only" thread on your board , and while your board doesn't want outside contribution , we are happy enough to have outside comment as long as it stays respectful. So a cautious welcome.

Just like on your board there is a wide range of opinion on the payment criteria. Certainly we have traditionally been a pay under's side but RFA sort of knocks that around, if you want the player you must go higher than a current club would... ie so change our approach or do not bother.
It why I think we will wait for Crows to negotiate with Danger thru one two , three or more offers...eventually a line will be drawn and Geelong will have a feeling for what they have to do to get past an matchable offer. If its over the top , I suspect we will initially make the RFA offer a 2 year deal... for eg. if the Crows draw the line at 900 , Geelong may offer 2.5M for 2 years. But I also assume that once he is Geelong player they will extend out to 5 or 6 years and average it down so that its more in line with what Selwood and Hawkins would be getting. I suspect this would be all agreed to and Danger would know that our sides success is based around sharing the money as equally as possible within talent tiers. So in the end he may end up on 850 or 950 average for eg 1.25 , 1.25 , .8 , .8 , .8 , .8

The player are aware that to bring players in , it comes at a premium ..just like it did for Ottens and Caddy. We need talent his age and we have a heap of talented kids that will start to show if they are up to it from 2016 on. So a premuim player like Danger I suspect something like this would be accepted happily.

Of course the Crows match try to match , some on your board think thats the way to go. The idea situation would be to still let Danger be a FA and we trade a SA player to you with a discount of some sort , allowing him to come in at the right rate and you get more for him but that would be looked at hard by the AFL.

Thank you. Im not going to be defensive about Danger on YOUR forum, because that is rude and I am a GUEST.:$

I actually thought it was funny seeing him in Geelong colours a few pages back lol.:p

Some say he is staying others say he is gone. I dont know what to think.:confused:

If he goes, acquiring Aish will be our goal, so it may be more your Club appeasing the Lions in a three way trade.

Our Club has been pillaged and plundered over the past 5 years - Bock, Davis, Gunston, Tippett is almost a premiership spine. We need to take a stand and keep Danger at the Crows. Keeping him is important for us to send a message to the rest of the AFL, we will stop losing players and that we are a destination Club for players to come to and to enhance their career.

Good luck. I dont begrudge the Cats for some reason getting him if you do. I think its the whole returning home issue which I understand. Unfortunately for the Crows it doesnt happen to often for us.

Oh and you guys lost the greatest player to play the game, which I would be really hurt still, but at least he delivered flags to the GFC.

Fair enough, but I still see Geelong as being much more appealing to Danger and I'm glad that SOG is sharing the same thoughts. I think you'd find that the money would be pretty similar in any case.

I can.

If he went to Pies, he would become a spud. Their recruiting from other clubs has to be the worst.

Just look at them from 2012 ,all come from another club,all of them have become spuds.

White
Karnezis
Russell
Lynch
Young
Hudson

Since Varcoe was a whipping boy here too they have another one on their hands.

Thank you. Im not going to be defensive about Danger on YOUR forum, because that is rude and I am a GUEST.:$

I actually thought it was funny seeing him in Geelong colours a few pages back lol.:p

Some say he is staying others say he is gone. I dont know what to think.:confused:

If he goes, acquiring Aish will be our goal, so it may be more your Club appeasing the Lions in a three way trade.

Our Club has been pillaged and plundered over the past 5 years - Bock, Davis, Gunston, Tippett is almost a premiership spine. We need to take a stand and keep Danger at the Crows. Keeping him is important for us to send a message to the rest of the AFL, we will stop losing players and that we are a destination Club for players to come to and to enhance their career.

Good luck. I dont begrudge the Cats for some reason getting him if you do. I think its the whole returning home issue which I understand. Unfortunately for the Crows it doesnt happen to often for us.

Oh and you guys lost the greatest player to play the game, which I would be really hurt still, but at least he delivered flags to the GFC.
Certainly some clubs have paid a greater cost for the introduction of the expansion clubs ...Bock and Davis .... unfortunately that something that hurts but im not sure any club should be down on itself for losing players too them.
Tippet was a real clusterduster , and for that one you take the wrap , how Gunston got to Hawks so cheaply is beyond me.

I really do not see us helping in any three way deal unless you count a R1 comp pick. Im not sure we would be to keen to help Brisbane after AC.

Last edited:
If he went to Pies, he would become a spud. Their recruiting from other clubs has to be the worst.

Just look at them from 2012 ,all come from another club,all of them have become spuds.

White
Karnezis
Russell
Lynch
Young
Hudson

Since Varcoe was a whipping boy here too they have another one on their hands.

The cheap FA doesn't seemed to have worked for them so far , and id have to say Im happier with Caddy than Adams.

I have a source. It's Geelong preferably or Adelaide if they improve or look like contending the year after. Hawthorn are out of the equation, sorry to disappoint your 70,000 bandwagon supporters who think you'll just keep rolling on by buying the best players in the league.
If Geelong Drop down the ladder he might consider Hawthorn.

If Danger is to leave - you would think GFC would be his most obvious choice IF he wanted to 'go back home'. Be near his old friends and his family.

But he might have other plans - who knows ? But if he does come back to Victoria - I think GFC would be in a pretty good shape to land him.

If Danger is to leave - you would think GFC would be his most obvious choice IF he wanted to 'go back home'. Be near his old friends and his family.

But he might have other plans - who knows ? But if he does come back to Victoria - I think GFC would be in a pretty good shape to land him.
I agree but completely putting Hawthorn out of the question is wrong. We have a chance. It may not be too strong but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back