Darcey Moore at Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

See you in a few weeks. I'll be right.
Well either way, we don't know how Collingwood rate Moore internally, so my post stands regardless. We might be forced to pick Moore, but that will be on the basis that we rate him higher than who we expect to get if we played this draft out normally

So he be a Dog or a Pie Tommorow.
I have it at 98% a Pie and 2% for a Dog

I have it 100% Pie and still a slight chance he will be going into 2nd round. Here's why;

Dogs want to trade up so they can't do that if they take Moore. I guess you could argue he would be their fwd so they will do it but I think most people think he will be more a back than fwd in club land.

Carlton want Jaksch and they are going to need their first round to construct something. I suspect they will try and trade back that pick somehow. Wouldn't mind betting they end up swapping with GWS 2nd pick if steele can sneak past 2nd round which I doubt.

Suns are unknown but given number of falls unlikely would think. They may also see themselves in the game for Beams and want to stand out for that reason.

GWS would be a chance to have a go at him but again may want to preserve that pick to get a senior bloke in.

WB are trying to upgrade their first round pick.
They won't dummy bid on Moore

I have it 100% Pie and still a slight chance he will be going into 2nd round. Here's why;

Dogs want to trade up so they can't do that if they take Moore. I guess you could argue he would be their fwd so they will do it but I think most people think he will be more a back than fwd in club land.

Carlton want Jaksch and they are going to need their first round to construct something. I suspect they will try and trade back that pick somehow. Wouldn't mind betting they end up swapping with GWS 2nd pick if steele can sneak past 2nd round which I doubt.

Suns are unknown but given number of falls unlikely would think. They may also see themselves in the game for Beams and want to stand out for that reason.

GWS would be a chance to have a go at him but again may want to preserve that pick to get a senior bloke in.

The thing that worry me is that Hine has not Committed to him and said nothing really about him.

Like This:

Moore is a 199cm swingman with enormous athleticism and remains a top-five talent for many recruiters.

Magpies chief recruiter Derek Hine has repeatedly stated the Pies would only use their first selection on Moore if they rated him at that pick or higher.

If not, Hine has said he would allow another club to swoop, although rivals believe that won’t happen.

“If you rank him against the big blokes, Paddy McCartin will go early but he’s right there with (Peter) Wright and (Sam) Durdin, and they could be gone before Collingwood’s pick,” one club’s national talent manager said.

Just has me a Tad Worried. Bit like with James Stewart where we did not say anything before and We Passed

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...herson-selection/story-fngeflq8-1227080069850

WB are trying to upgrade their first round pick.
They won't dummy bid on Moore
Depends, they are after Wright but are no guarantee to get a trade upgrade and may be gone before there upgrade pick anyway. Having a crack a Moore would secure the type of player they are after. If Collingwood take him then they can look at trying to get Wright

Depends, they are after Wright but are no guarantee to get a trade upgrade and may be gone before there upgrade pick anyway. Having a crack a Moore would secure the type of player they are after. If Collingwood take him then they can look at trying to get Wright

You aren't going to throw away your pick to spite another club if it means it kills off your ability to do something with that pick in a trade.
That is why Carlton may be careful with bidding.
It seems there is an impasse on Jacksch's value.
You would need to be 100 percent confident Coll will bid on Moore.
Because it could mean you pass up the opportunity to trade for Jacksch or upgrading your pick

Would Wright last to Pick 5?

I rate Moore ahead of Wright

Guys? As someone who tried to work out every possible scenario that would let Luke McDonald slip to a second round pick last year, can I just interrupt?

You will be giving up pick 8 for Moore. There is no way round it. Get used to the idea, because that's what's happening.

It's not as cut and dried as last years draft.

Guys? As someone who tried to work out every possible scenario that would let Luke McDonald slip to a second round pick last year, can I just interrupt?

You will be giving up pick 8 for Moore. There is no way round it. Get used to the idea, because that's what's happening.
Tend to agree that most people are living on fantasy land that think he's a 2nd round pick.

It's not as cut and dried as last years draft.

It is. It is. It really is. I will dance through the streets of Melbourne naked if anything else happens. Seriously - there is absolutely, positively, 0% chance, don't build yourselves up for disappointment, it is a complete and utter waste of time.

They have no chance of getting Moore though. If there is ANY chance you want to trade your pick, you dont bid first round for a father-son you arent going to get anyway. In other words you only bid for a father-son if your next option is to use that pick in the draft. In that case its a free swing.

Its gettig fractionally more promising that he might slip to second round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am more than Happy to give up Pick 8 - I was more Worried we would Pass on Moore

You aren't going to throw away your pick to spite another club if it means it kills off your ability to do something with that pick in a trade.
That is why Carlton may be careful with bidding.
It seems there is an impasse on Jacksch's value.
You would need to be 100 percent confident Coll will bid on Moore.
Because it could mean you pass up the opportunity to trade for Jacksch or upgrading your pick
It's not to spite another club, the bulldogs would honestly want Moore, if they bid and Collingwood pass then they would be over the moon, if Collingwood take him then they move to try and get Wright.
Would Wright last to Pick 5?

I rate Moore ahead of Wright
I also rate Moore above Wright, Wright could last to pick 5 if GWS overlook him which I thinks likely, but if Melbourne get pick 3 as compo it pushes the dogs to 6 and Melbourne are trying to trade their picks to clubs possibly after Wright

They have no chance of getting Moore though. If there is ANY chance you want to trade your pick, you dont bid first round for a father-son you arent going to get anyway. In other words you only bid for a father-son if your next option is to use that pick in the draft. In that case its a free swing.

Its gettig fractionally more promising that he might slip to second round.
They are trading their pick to get someone similar to Moore, if they can Draft Moore they won't need to trade that pick. 1st option for the dogs should be to get Moore, if they miss out they can try and trade that pick which is also might not be possible

I'd be disappointed if Moore doesn't develop into an very good/elite forward at AFL level.

I'd be surprised if the club doesn't see it the same way.

His best and most exciting football at U18 level has been as a forward has it not?

It's not to spite another club, the bulldogs would honestly want Moore, if they bid and Collingwood pass then they would be over the moon, if Collingwood take him then they move to try and get Wright.

I also rate Moore above Wright, Wright could last to pick 5 if GWS overlook him which I thinks likely, but if Melbourne get pick 3 as compo it pushes the dogs to 6 and Melbourne are trying to trade their picks to clubs possibly after Wright

In Hearld Sun they had a Article that Dogs want to move up to get McCartin.

I say Moore could go from Pick 3 Onwards. With Petrecca and McCartin going ahead of him

They are trading their pick to get someone similar to Moore, if they can Draft Moore they won't need to trade that pick. 1st option for the dogs should be to get Moore, if they miss out they can try and trade that pick which is also might not be possible

Fair enough but they wont get Moore regardless. Collingwood will match the bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back