Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? His Dad has publicly stated he wished he stayed at Collingwood, and that if he had more informed advice at the time he would have stayed.
He also urged Travis Cloke to stay a one club player at the time of his last contract, advice I'm sure he has given to Darcy.
Can we get him to speak to Dayne Beams?

National Recruiting manager of Carlton, Shane Rogers admitted that the Blues interviewed likely father/son key forward/defender Darcy Moore yesterday at the draft combine ahead of Friday's bidding, saying "we interviewed him yesterday, and it's fair to say he's a really good kid," Rogers said of Moore.

"He's hot, hugely intelligent, probably too intelligent for some of the recruiters interviewing him, but yeah he (Moore) is obviously in the frame for our pick six."

Well I guess then Hine knows now it’s 1st Round of he is off to the Scum

Well I guess then Hine knows now it’s 1st Round of he is off to the Scum
Recruiters interview every player.

I know as fact that we interviewed Nic Naitanui the year he was drafted, despite the fact we had no chance of getting him.

Recruiters interview every player.

I know as fact that we interviewed Nic Naitanui the year he was drafted, despite the fact we had no chance of getting him.

Well we did not come out and Talk about it Rogers has

Fn952dR.jpg

Imagine if Moore says he doesn't want to come to us via father son and wants to try his luck in the draft Marc Murphy style and goes to Carlton.
They say bad luck comes in 3. Beams leaving, Clark chooses to Geelong and Moore goes to carlton. This board and some people might combust.

Or should this scenario not be bought up?

Imagine if Moore says he doesn't want to come to us via father son and wants to try his luck in the draft Marc Murphy style and goes to Carlton.
They say bad luck comes in 3. Beams leaving, Clark chooses to Geelong and Moore goes to carlton. This board and some people might combust.

Moore has already nominated to be selected as a father son selection, so it can't happen.

Good try at s**t stirring though ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why he didn't put in a poor interview, hell the AFL had no problems with Wingard telling GWS to not draft him because he would leave as soon his contract was up.

Not sure why he didn't put in a poor interview, hell the AFL had no problems with Wingard telling GWS to not draft him because he would leave as soon his contract was up.
They might have a problem with a potential player telling the scum that he would never play for that campaigner of a club in a million years.
And that goes double for the prick of a coach they have.

Moore has already nominated to be selected as a father son selection, so it can't happen.

Good try at s**t stirring though ;)
Haha I honestly wasn't this time. I didn't know he did officially, figured he had to be nominated first then he would respond

Haha I honestly wasn't this time. I didn't know he did officially, figured he had to be nominated first then he would respond
Pretty sure that potential father son draftees have to nominate their availability as a prospect.
Didn't the Clokes nominate Collingwood as their club of choice over Richmond?
I would assume that you could just nominate for the draft and bypass FS if you were so inclined.

Pretty sure that potential father son draftees have to nominate their availability as a prospect.
Didn't the Clokes nominate Collingwood as their club of choice over Richmond?
I would assume that you could just nominate for the draft and bypass FS if you were so inclined.

Yes, The Prospect has to Nominate the Team as well.

Look what happened in 2005 with Marc Murphy not going to Brisbane

If that happened I would change my allegiance to another club...a club with stability & cohesion...with a bright future ahead...yes Essendon for me...

National Recruiting manager of Carlton, Shane Rogers admitted that the Blues interviewed likely father/son key forward/defender Darcy Moore yesterday at the draft combine ahead of Friday's bidding, saying "we interviewed him yesterday, and it's fair to say he's a really good kid," Rogers said of Moore.

"He's hot, hugely intelligent, probably too intelligent for some of the recruiters interviewing him, but yeah he (Moore) is obviously in the frame for our pick six."

Hard to know what to make of it until the actual day. Could still be that Carlton don't want to bid because they don't rate him as a No 6 Pick, but are trying to bluff someone like the Bulldogs or Brisbane to bid on him. (Look - i'm just hoping... if he drops to our 2nd pick that would be ideal).

I'm getting more and more convinced that we will have to use our first pick - but my view from the start still stands: if Hines' doesn't rate him as being clearly in the top 8 of the draft... then we shouldn't match a higher bid. BUT - with how much the media has talked him up, and the club has contributed to that - so it would take an incredibly brave man to pass on him, and I think we have put ourselves in the position that we must take him - and the clubs above us know that.... no matter how coy Hines wants to be on the matter.

I wonder if it's worth looking into swapping 2nd and 3rd rounders with Carlton and the Dogs to get a promise they won't select Darcy Moore.. it basically gets us another top 10 draftee
Partnering up with the Cheats in a draft tampering scheme. Mmmmm, good ideao_O

So moore is in the combine. Should be good to see how he goes in the skills session

Didn't make top 10 in either running vert leap or standing vert leap.

Standing Vertical Jump (cm)
1. Marvin Baynham 88
2. Jarrod Garlett 76
2. Nathan Drummond 76
4. Christian Petracca 74
5. Nakia Cockatoo 73
5. James Rose 73
7. Dean Gore 72
7. Nicholas Coughlan 72
7. Evan Bruinsma 72
7. Reece McKenzie 72
7. Tom Read 72

Running vertical jump (cm)
1. Evan Bruinsma 97
2. Marvin Baynham 95
3. Daniel McKenzie 94
4. Billy Gowers 93
5. Nathan Drummond 90
6. Nakia Cockatoo 89
7. Matthew Uebergang 87
7. Mitch McGovern 87
7. James Rose 87
7. Matthew Hammelmann 87

The bold maybe in our reach with picks in the 20s, interestingly Reece McKenzie showing a huge vert leap when most BF watchers were adamant he only had size on his side...

Didn't make top 10 in either running vert leap or standing vert leap.

Standing Vertical Jump (cm)
1. Marvin Baynham 88
2. Jarrod Garlett 76
2. Nathan Drummond 76
4. Christian Petracca 74
5. Nakia Cockatoo 73
5. James Rose 73
7. Dean Gore 72
7. Nicholas Coughlan 72
7. Evan Bruinsma 72
7. Reece McKenzie 72
7. Tom Read 72

Running vertical jump (cm)
1. Evan Bruinsma 97
2. Marvin Baynham 95
3. Daniel McKenzie 94
4. Billy Gowers 93
5. Nathan Drummond 90
6. Nakia Cockatoo 89
7. Matthew Uebergang 87
7. Mitch McGovern 87
7. James Rose 87
7. Matthew Hammelmann 87

The bold maybe in our reach with picks in the 20s, interestingly Reece McKenzie showing a huge vert leap when most BF watchers were adamant he only had size on his side...
He's tanking the combine imo. We all saw him sit on a blokes head this season, can't do that without a good vertical leap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back