Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frawley reckons he isn't after 800k and that the media driven price tag is wrong.

The information needs to come from somewhere. As much as we like to stick the boots into the media I would be surprised if that didn't come via his management if not Frawley himself.

Either way even if that figure is made up he'll be paid the same as Daisy at a minimum. At the end of the day if he leaves Melbourne will have two top 5 picks.

Can anyone actually confirm that Moore has a fractured hand???

All I'm reading is speculation, including the suggested 8 weeks out.

I read on scpaige's thread before it's a bruised elbow and he will be back playing after the Easter break

I read on scpaige's thread before it's a bruised elbow and he will be back playing after the Easter break

That would be great news after such an injury-interrupted last couple of years - it would be great for the kid to get a decent run at the game and just enjoy it for himself, never mind drafts and the future.

Why would melbourne get a compo pick for frawley? I thought unrestricted free agents didnt incur a compo pick? I could be wrong ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking the same thing. He's unrestricted due to not being in the top paid players becuase of a front loaded contract.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
It's based on the offer they recieve, not the money they are currently on. If a team offers him $700-800k per year then Melbourne will absolutely get a compo pick.

Why would melbourne get a compo pick for frawley? I thought unrestricted free agents didnt incur a compo pick? I could be wrong ?

Frawley is an unrestricted free agent because of his front loaded contract he's not in the top 25% of earners at Melbourne.

In saying that Melbourne are still eligible to receive a compensation selection.

The compensation selection is decided based on net loss with restricted/unrestricted only having relevance when talking whether his current club can match the deal or not, which as an unrestricted free agent Melbourne can't.

That's why he's a big, big chance to be at another club next year. If I had to hazard a guess Hawthorn looks a likely destination with the salary cap space they have with Franklin gone.

So with the perception of Frawley's value around the competition, you'd think he attracts a first round compensation selection.

Frawley is an unrestricted free agent because of his front loaded contract he's not in the top 25% of earners at Melbourne.

In saying that Melbourne are still eligible to receive a compensation selection.

The compensation selection is decided based on net loss with restricted/unrestricted only having relevance when talking whether his current club can match the deal or not, which as an unrestricted free agent Melbourne can't.

That's why he's a big, big chance to be at another club next year. If I had to hazard a guess Hawthorn looks a likely destination with the salary cap space they have with Franklin gone.

So with the perception of Frawley's value around the competition, you'd think he attracts a first round compensation selection.

I am sure that I remember reading that only rfa will net the clubs a compo pick when they 1st bought the rule in. I might be wrong can someone provide a link to it for clarification?

I am sure that I remember reading that only rfa will net the clubs a compo pick when they 1st bought the rule in. I might be wrong can someone provide a link to it for clarification?

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

The information is more clear here when talking specifically unrestricted free agent compensation: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-free-agency-how-it-works-20121001-26ue3.html

* A player has served eight or more seasons of AFL football at one club, is not one of the top 25 per cent highest-paid players at his club, and is now out of contract for the first time since reaching eight seasons of service. (unrestricted free agent)

The player is eligible to field offers from all rival AFL clubs.

If he wishes to change clubs, the player must decide on the best offer of his choice from one rival club.

His club does not have the right to match the presented offer, and the player can move automatically to the new club of his choice.

His original club will receive a compensation pick for the loss of the player, on an AFL-determined formula to apply where clubs lose more free agents than they gain in any single transfer period.

That is true and every club has them but that still doesn't explain where Hawthorn get all this money from despite being the dominate force in the competition regularly now

The lost Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back