Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll nominate him for sure. It's now just a matter of, who wants to bid for him. It'll be a tough one for other clubs as we'll likely finish up with pick 10 and if he doesn't play alot for the rest of the year (I don't know how bad the injury he got the other weekend is), those clubs will have to make a decision almost 2 months before the draft and days after the draft combine.

I hope a couple of smokies come from no where like Tom Lynch of the Suns did in his draft year and Bontempelli last year.

Last edited:

I would love to be a fly on the wall, when he is interviewed by Carlton at the combine.
Something along the lines of what Brodie said to GWS would be apt. carlton seem likely to finish with pick 6. IMO, they'll want a midfielder to assist them sooner rather then a tall who'll they have to develop over a few years. Malthouse doesn't have that long.

Something along the lines of what Brodie said to GWS would be apt. carlton seem likely to finish with pick 6. IMO, they'll want a midfielder to assist them sooner rather then a tall who'll they have to develop over a few years. Malthouse doesn't have that long.
He'll probably mention the 1979 GF Wayne Harms incident.
"Cost my dad a flag"
Hopefully Carlton do go for a mid, but that still leaves Richmond & West Coast.

He'll probably mention the 1979 GF Wayne Harms incident.
"Cost my dad a flag"
Hopefully Carlton do go for a mid, but that still leaves Richmond & West Coast.

West Coast does not need a Tall Forward

I think Blues are pretty happy with Casboult and Rowe this year so they may not opt for a KPP.

MM has been on record many times saying their midfield is too thin. That's why they got Thomas and Cripps last year. Judd and Carrazzo are going to fall out of that team as well due to retirement.

I agree they should look KPP...but I think every year in the past 5 years, we have been saying Blues should go tall but they never do. They've taken Menzel and Cripps the last 2 years, so surely they are due now.

I'm warming to the idea of the club starting Moore in defence. If he winds up in the same league as Reid in terms of ability I'd be quite happy but we won't have an idea of what's he's capable of for some time yet. On what he's shown this year I think we may well end up paying market value instead of getting a bargain which is a little annoying.
There's definitely going to be a few clubs looking to snare some tall talent in the draft which will likely see some lucky club pick up Petracca somewhere around pick 5-7. In any other draft he'd likely be a top 3 pick and he'll be ready to go from the minute he's drafted. I hope to god the Carlscum don't pick him up. If we do miss the finals and the club manage to upgrade our pick leading to us getting Moore in the 2nd round he'd be an awesome pick up for us but I can't see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm warming to the idea of the club starting Moore in defence. If he winds up in the same league as Reid in terms of ability I'd be quite happy but we won't have an idea of what's he's capable of for some time yet. On what he's shown this year I think we may well end up paying market value instead of getting a bargain which is a little annoying.
There's definitely going to be a few clubs looking to snare some tall talent in the draft which will likely see some lucky club pick up Petracca somewhere around pick 5-7. In any other draft he'd likely be a top 3 pick and he'll be ready to go from the minute he's drafted. I hope to god the Carlscum don't pick him up. If we do miss the finals and the club manage to upgrade our pick leading to us getting Moore in the 2nd round he'd be an awesome pick up for us but I can't see it happening.

We be getting a Bargain. Moore it a Top 5 Pick.

If you base on what you see now then that is very Shallow

Doesn't the F/S stuff all get sorted before the trade period? So we can't upgrade our pick via trades, then use the upgraded pick to bid? We're just going to have to pay pick 11-ish for him and hope it turns out to be good value.

Doesn't the F/S stuff all get sorted before the trade period? So we can't upgrade our pick via trades, then use the upgraded pick to bid? We're just going to have to pay pick 11-ish for him and hope it turns out to be good value.

Nominations are Handed in a Draft Combine then Bidding the Monday After.

That is a Week after the Grand Final

Last edited:
Bidding happens on the morning of the first day of trade week, does it not? Before trade week "opens" for business, so to speak?

Sorry for ignorance but what did Brodie say to GWS?

Sorry for ignorance but what did Brodie say to GWS?

"Why would I want to come to a football club that has only been around for 1 year?"

The line that caused the real fireworks was the one he delivered to Mark Neeld, after Neeld said that his ear ring made Brodie look soft. Brodie shot back "well, you guys have the softest midfield in the comp, so I won't be alone". :D

"Why would I want to come to a football club that has only been around for 1 year?"

The line that caused the real fireworks was the one he delivered to Mark Neeld, after Neeld said that his ear ring made Brodie look soft. Brodie shot back "well, you guys have the softest midfield in the comp, so I won't be alone". :D

Mark Neeld displaying all the qualities that made him such a successful coach...

Brodie what a legend

Has this ever been Officially Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back