Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Things are looking decidedly better for us to get Moore with a 2nd round pick.

1 - Moore wouldn't be bid on by clubs with top 4 picks. Lions may need pick 4 for Ryder anyway
2 - Doggies may need their pick for Jaksch
3 - Blues may need their pick for Mitchell

That leaves Gold Coast to be a stumbling block.

Even if those trades don't go through, it has created some uncertainty with top 8 picks.
Clubs may need to hold on to them for trade week to bring in some top line talent.
Interesting times ahead.
Isn't Ryder trying to leave as a delisted free agent? With the Essendon drugs issue (duty of care) the trigger?
Hence no compensation if Ryder departs?

Isn't Ryder trying to leave as a delisted free agent? With the Essendon drugs issue (duty of care) the trigger?
Hence no compensation if Ryder departs?

I think I read that he doesn't want to do that scenario as he wants the bombers to get something for him.

But no way Brisbane or anyone else will give up pick 4 for him when they have that gun to put to Essendon's head.

They don't have that gun if the player does not want to see their old club unrewarded. I think the bombers will be be compensated. Port or Brisbane will offer something to trade.

They don't have that gun if the player does not want to see their old club unrewarded. I think the bombers will be be compensated. Port or Brisbane will offer something to trade.
Probably right, although it won't be pick 4.
Maybe Ports pick 15 or 16?

Seems like Essendon will get unders for him but his desire to see them compensated will save them from being totally screwed. My guess is a bit of horse trading and the Lions end up giving them less than pick 4, rather than Port winning out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of you guys are crazy. If you seriously think the dogs will use pick 5. FIVE. On a bloke who was taken at pick 12, can't get into the youngest and worst side in the league, and has played a massive total of seven games in two years. The sooner you come to the fact we will have to use a first rounder the less disappointed you'll be come draft day.

Some of you guys are crazy. If you seriously think the dogs will use pick 5. FIVE. On a bloke who was taken at pick 12, can't get into the youngest and worst side in the league, and has played a massive total of seven games in two years. The sooner you come to the fact we will have to use a first rounder the less disappointed you'll be come draft day.

Our only hope is that they know with 99% certainty that a kpf they rate higher will slip to their pick.

Yeah you're right. I guess though that our best chance to get Moore at a bargain price is for there to be quite a bit of uncertainty for the oncoming trade period. May make teams more likely to not roll the dice too early on selections. Once they bid & are locked in they can't change no matter what scenario changes in front of them. Agree also that pick 8 is the most likely scenario, but it isn't out of the question that we do better.

I can't believe it would be Jaksch for just pick 5, but GWS also have pick 20 and 23 that could be worked into a deal, something like Pick 5 for Jaksch + pick 20 might be one option. I also don't think anyone will be disappointed to get Darc with pick 8/9 but it's a bit of fun to think what could be if we don't have to use that pick.

Thank god we only have 16 days til we find out, not that I'm counting or anything:)

We gave a first round for Cam Wood - there is always hope people get carried away and overpay...

Let it leak that we're interested in him and the Dogs won't be able to throw their pick at him fast enough. Will likely be their new drafting policy after the success of pulling the trigger on Bontempelli last year.

Dogs will take Lever or McCartin if he slides which is a big chance.

Gold Coast the major concern now.
Blues will need to use pick 6 in some type of deal for Mitchell
Can't see GC being a concern. Their tall stocks are very good.

Heaps of talk (yes, it's just talk) that Lever is rising up the rankings after missing all of this year due to a knee reco. Without the knee reco, many are suggesting he'd be in the frame for no.1 pick. That's a fair effort for a backman. I cannot recall of a key defender going no.1. Maybe Hansen at 3 in 2006 was the highest I can recall but not 100% sure he was a backman as a junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back