David Hale - UPDATE: Traded to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Dees to chase Hale

And I'm just pointing out that Norf don't hold all the cards with a possible Hale trade. You don't trade him out, you pay him $400,000 to play VFL footy next year.

Who's to say he will play VFL football in 2011? McIntosh or Goldstein break down and we'll be very grateful that he is still on our list.

Any club silly enough to give you a pick lower than our pick 31, will want a large part of his salary paid, by you guessed it, Norf.

Well, that's just your opinion. However, If Melbourne part with pick 12, then I wouldn't be too averse to paying $100-150K towards Hales salary.

Who knows, that may actually happen?

Just pointing out the obvious for anyone deluded enough to think they would get a ruckman for a pick in the 30's and have another club pay half his wages.

Anyone with common sense would realise that is nonsensical, but it takes all sorts to make up BF.

Hale is not a player that has lived up to the potential of his draft pick position... Every club knows that...

All talk from North supporters about his abundant talent & apparent high regard he is held by opposition teams as a footballer, is a load of crap...

Who's to say he will play VFL football in 2011? McIntosh or Goldstein break down and we'll be very grateful that he is still on our list.

Well, that's just your opinion. However, If Melbourne part with pick 12, then I wouldn't be too averse to paying $100-150K towards Hales salary.

You seem to think you have us over a barrel here. You keep him. He would be a role player with us at best. And you enjoy paying him almost half a million whilst he is playing against Bendigo Bombers and Frankston next year. :thumbsu:

Voss isn't our recruiting manager, so that's not going to happen. He's worth a 2nd round pick, but not with that salary hanging over his head.

Re: David Hale

If that $400k number is true he would be one of the highest payed players at our club. If we pay all of that for him then he's most likely on more than Jamar. :eek::eek:

Hey, I think Hale is a much better fit for a few other clubs, but your footy club is the one that has dragged him in for a mediacal.

If not for that, this thread wouldn't exist.

Hey, I think Hale is a much better fit for a few other clubs, but your footy club is the one that has dragged him in for a mediacal.

If not for that, this thread wouldn't exist.

At $400,000 a year and for anything below pick 32, no other club in the AFL would be even slightly interested.

If we part with pick 12 for Hale you'd be paying his entire wage, we aren't that desperate for a backup ruckman.

Jeebus, it's all coming together. :eek:

He's behind 2 other stock ruckmen and a pinch hitter in Petrie and he's on $400k a year to play reserves. No ****ing wonder they want to free him up and to think they'll probably snare our second pick in the process. Must be charity month or the Dees like to get festive early. Merry Xmas North.

How did the Norf fans come up at this senario that see's us offering up our 2nd round selection and some how getting the hawks and GC to bid it up to a first round?

Surely with the $$ issues over at Arden st they are duty bound to move on a VFL footballer on drug money. Accordingly a 3rd rounder is far more likely? Has there even been any talk of numbers/players going back the other way?

can anyone beat this for the title of the most deluded post in the history of Big Footy? haha oh dear me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance surely,

please NO... Hale is a Dud, especially for a pick 7. :eek:
8 years in the system at 0.9 goals a 7 hitouts a game, add that contract in and can't see any value.
He's no better than PJ!

Hopefully Paul Johnson can get a decent preseason and share the back up duties with the youger guys Spencer/Fitzpatrick/Gawn

Just pointing out the obvious for anyone deluded enough to think they would get a ruckman for a pick in the 30's and have another club pay half his wages.

Anyone with common sense would realise that is nonsensical, but it takes all sorts to make up BF.

You never know.

Footscray gave us Jade Rawlings and upgraded our third rounder (which became Spitta Swallow!) and paid all his wages for a year.

You never know.

Footscray gave us Jade Rawlings and upgraded our third rounder (which became Spitta Swallow!) and paid all his wages for a year.

Lol no chance of happening.

Wishful thinking by North supporters.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. The roos hold all the cards, but I just can't imagine Bailey moving heaven and earth to get Hale when we have Fitzpatrick waiting in the wings.

I'd be reluctant to part with out 2nd rounder but that's what it will take at the bare minimum

Jeebus, it's all coming together. :eek:

He's behind 2 other stock ruckmen and a pinch hitter in Petrie and he's on $400k a year to play reserves. No ****ing wonder they want to free him up and to think they'll probably snare our second pick in the process. Must be charity month or the Dees like to get festive early. Merry Xmas North.

Come now, McIntosh is in the upper echelon of ruckmen in the game. Not elite but certainly in the top division. And Goldstein is one of the most exciting young ruck talents in the game.

Come now, McIntosh is in the upper echelon of ruckmen in the game. Not elite but certainly in the top division. And Goldstein is one of the most exciting young ruck talents in the game.
I wasn't meaning to under rate those 2, they are very good rucks. Simply saying North have the 2 positions locked. Perhaps "stock" was not the best word.

Lol no chance of happening.

Wishful thinking by North supporters.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. The roos hold all the cards, but I just can't imagine Bailey moving heaven and earth to get Hale when we have Fitzpatrick waiting in the wings.

I'd be reluctant to part with out 2nd rounder but that's what it will take at the bare minimum

You only get one Footscray in your life I reckon. Although even that pales in comparison to what we did to Sydney re: Carey and Longmire.

Its interesting. I've said all along that the general BF populace will be very surprised at what we get for Hale.

The fact is that blokes who have shown they can ruck successfully at senior level attract a premium. Add to that the fact that David is still youngish at 26 (he's got another 100 games in him).

Proper AFL recruiting types know that very, very few ruckmen in the comp would be gtting a game ahead of the McIntosh/Goldstein combination. Count them on one hand, seriously.

The contract thing isn't an issue. We are under salary cap. We get him off the list and draft somebody with the resulting pick. they are on pissy draftee wages for two years, meaning we can afford to pay some of Davids.

Either way, I hope David does find a club and plays senior footy.

I wasn't meaning to under rate those 2, they are very good rucks. Simply saying North have the 2 positions locked. Perhaps "stock" was not the best word.

Maybe it is my trademark 'Norf' over sensitivity, but I take 'stock' in that context to mean run of the mill, average types.

As in I'd describe that bearded flog from the Dogs as a stock ruckman. He's not appalling, certainly provides something at senior level but has no great traits to his game or anything.

It is accurate. Its fair to say there some disquiet on the North board when the contract was signed.

So he is contracted to north for 2011 & 2012? I was under the impression it was just 2011.

I'm confussed, so he signed up on a 3yr $1.2M deal at the end of 2009?

yeah it is right there is 2 more years on his contract after this year, has been mentioned plenty of times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back