Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't for the life of me Mods, understand why this thread is still open nor indeed topical....Kid is no longer at our club & never played a single game for us!....Why continue to darken our board with his presence?....End of story, end of Fred!
It's in the public domain. People will continue to talk about, regardless of if you, I or Clarkson think we should, possibly even for years to come(as they do with Thorp).

There was a lot of bad press from over here (WA) surrounding this guy despite a good season at swan districts. Clearly seduced by this obvious talent but the dickhead radar was going off from the west a long time before being drafted.
Win some you lose some I guess.

Thats why we're good though isn't it? A willingness to make bold moves.

For every Garlett we punt and miss on theres a stewy dew, brian lake, brad hill that works

If anybody knows the answers to these problems, please let the world know.
Acceptance -> counseling -> rehab.
2 steps forward, one step back.
Bloody slow process.
Education for the family/friends is imperative so they can begin to even remotely understand the behaviours and attitudes as well.

Money issues can be a genuine concern if racking up debts with not-so-friendly people also in order to fund a habit as the demands to pay it back often leave little choice but to turn to more and more serious crime.

I feel a bit dirty making this about Hawthorn actually. This is a sad set of affairs. The kid is just the definition of self destruction. Someone who gives up the opportunity he was given and instead goes out and gets hooked on meth clearly has behavioural problems that we probably cannot understand or relate to. Im not sure what could motivate him to straighten himself out. I really cant see this ending well.

Well, now the stories of the time about his having trouble sleeping (while training with us) are understandable.......meth will keep you going for days straight.
Kid never stood a chance.
Big time shame for everyone involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acceptance -> counseling -> rehab.
2 steps forward, one step back.
Bloody slow process.
Education for the family/friends is imperative so they can begin to even remotely understand the behaviours and attitudes as well.

Money issues can be a genuine concern if racking up debts with not-so-friendly people also in order to fund a habit as the demands to pay it back often leave little choice but to turn to more and more serious crime.

I guess like all addictions Acceptance and want to change are the most important part.

Pretty easy to find dealers for pretty much anything if you know where to look.
Still means he had to go look. It's not like there was a bloke pushing it on him outside the locker rooms at Waverley or at the end of Hodge's street.

I doubt he arrived in Melbourne and thought "I've got this wonderful opportunity to make something great with my life... I think I should take up meth!"
He obviously already had troubles with substance abuse that pre-dated his recruitment to Hawthorn.

Can't for the life of me Mods, understand why this thread is still open nor indeed topical....Kid is no longer at our club & never played a single game for us!....Why continue to darken our board with his presence?....End of story, end of Fred!
Time to unwatch the thread I say, which is what I'll be doing.

Got to love the media sometimes.

Pick up by someone else but.

Just a pity for the ABC that isn't Gartlett

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...garlett-facing-criminal-charges-perth/5755024
yeah the media are funny like that wrong pictures to the person named in story and not seeing mistakes like

a_260314gendaylegarlett29_1a5l7mu-1a5l7n3.jpg

"Relaxing in 2104. Picture: Facebook"

he is old if that was true

Thread will stay open. It concerns us and is news. If you don't like it, don't post in here. Simple.

Fact is Dayle's 'defence' tendered in court the other day possibly cast an unwarranted shadow on our club.

One has to ask the question: did he arrive at the club with well-developed taste for ice, or develop it while in Melbourne?

Still means he had to go look. It's not like there was a bloke pushing it on him outside the locker rooms at Waverley or at the end of Hodge's street.

I doubt he arrived in Melbourne and thought "I've got this wonderful opportunity to make something great with my life... I think I should take up meth!"
He obviously already had troubles with substance abuse that pre-dated his recruitment to Hawthorn.

Without knowing anything more than the fact most football clubs have young blokes with a lot of money and downtime, I'd be amazed if he couldn't have got meth either from someone on our playing list, or pointed in that direction.

Kid was thrown a lifeline by the club and instead of realising the opportunity he was given he didn't change his ways and work his ass off to become something. Waste of talent and now a waste of space in society since he has clearly gone off the rails and can't even admit that he is his own problem.

Without knowing anything more than the fact most football clubs have young blokes with a lot of money and downtime, I'd be amazed if he couldn't have got meth either from someone on our playing list, or pointed in that direction.
Big inference to make there. Meth is some serious s**t. While chances are not all the guys on our list are boy scouts I'm certain none of them are mixed up with anything as bad as meth and if any were to be the leadership group and the club would come down on them so hard they'd make Roughead's tackle on Hannebery in the GF look like a playful tickle.

Big inference to make there. Meth is some serious s**t. While chances are not all the guys on our list are boy scouts I'm certain none of them are mixed up with anything as bad as meth and if any were to be the leadership group and the club would come down on them so hard they'd make Roughead's tackle on Hannebery in the GF look like a playful tickle.

Dayle could have been out partying with some of our boys, introduced to someone offering an eccy or a joint, but who also had access to harder drugs upon request (or suggestion).......
It's not the drug that is a gateway to even harder drugs, it's the people you have to associate with to get them......or choose to because they make you feel less shameful for the decisions you are making.....

There but for the grace of god.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back