Traded Dayne Beams and pick 67 traded for picks 5 and 25, and Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have plenty and have already lost guys like Caddy and Taylor and Tyson and more will likely follow. We have already signed up 4 of our draftees from last year, and players like Mayes, Redden and Rockliff who could all easily get games at clubs in their own home states have all signed.

The fact that the 5 that left were all in the same age group and all REQUESTED locations that were their homes and clubs they grew up supporting is a glaring thing people like to over look just so they can say "lol brisbane are s**t lololol."

Hell, Docherty stated quite clearly that he grew up WANTING TO PLAY FOR CARLTON. We could do all we can to change that but thats 17 years of his life wanting his dream.
Somehow Sydney and Gold Coast haven't had this problem, and neither have many other clubs like WC and Freo, all of whom's lists are 50% or more from interstate. Of COURSE he was going to SAY that he grew up wanting to play for Carlton rather than I left Brisbane because I hated it and the player management was terrible.

Somehow Sydney and Gold Coast haven't had this problem, and neither have many other clubs like WC and Freo, all of whom's lists are 50% or more from interstate. Of COURSE he was going to SAY that he grew up wanting to play for Carlton rather than I left Brisbane because I hated it and the player management was terrible.

Sydney has 10% more salary cap than the Lions. Gold Coast has similar as an expansion club. GWS has even more (COLA + expansion). The Lions are the only northern club without extra salary cap. Despite that, Gold Coast and GWS have still lost a few players (Caddy, Hickey, Adams, Tunbridge) in the few years they've existed.

Sydney has 10% more salary cap than the Lions. Gold Coast has similar as an expansion club. GWS has even more (COLA + expansion). The Lions are the only northern club without extra salary cap. Despite that, Gold Coast and GWS have still lost a few players (Caddy, Hickey, Adams, Tunbridge) in the few years they've existed.
GC also have 10% or something more players though

GC also have 10% or something more players though

Except there's no way they're paying that to all their players. Look at the list - they'll have the usual list filler on minimum contracts, and the ones they want to keep on will have the extra salary cap spent on them. Same as any club, so not unexpected.

Except there's no way they're paying that to all their players. Look at the list - they'll have the usual list filler on minimum contracts, and the ones they want to keep on will have the extra salary cap spent on them. Same as any club, so not unexpected.
?
They have 10% more players. Therefore they would need more cap to pay the extra players even on minimum wage.

They weren't in those drafts.

Right, so you are suggesting the fact that Mayes, Close AND Paparone, a SA and 2 Perth boys from the 2012 draft have signed on for 2-3 year deals is just because we have done a complete 180 culturally?

Right, so you are suggesting the fact that Mayes, Close AND Paparone, a SA and 2 Perth boys from the 2012 draft have signed on for 2-3 year deals is just because we have done a complete 180 culturally?
I have heard (mostly from Lions supporters) that the Lions made large changes to their player management after the exodus. However a sample of 3 is hardly conclusive evidence of a brilliant culture, especially when the expectation SHOULD be that players stay, with leaving being the exception. Whichever way you dice 5 players (all or mostly first rounders) leaving at the same time, it would suggest more wrong than just "homesickness" for all of them to leave at once.

?
They have 10% more players. Therefore they would need more cap to pay the extra players even on minimum wage.

Sit down and do the maths. 10% more cap does not equal 10% more players on low salaries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I'm definitely devastated we got the dud brother :cry:

Both are great players in their own right and both have been hit by injuries. Dayne with his calf/current possible PCL and Claye with his foot stress fractures and his ACL last year.

Both are great players in their own right and both have been hit by injuries. Dayne with his calf/current possible PCL and Claye with his foot stress fractures and his ACL last year.

Both players are not "great" in their own right.

Claye is not in the top 200 players in the AFL.
Get a little perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back