Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jon has always seemed like he was older than most of the other Lanterns, but Denzel Washington would not be a good fit for him. I would like Pine as Hal, and you dont need to bulk up and be big for Hal because he is just an average size. He doesnt need to be big like Batman or Superman or Aquaman in fact he needs to look small next to them because he has not physical gifts he uses his power ring, and doesnt start as someone who will get into fist fights he uses his ring to fight.
Hal is still a fighter pilot so would need to be in good physical shape.

Jon has always seemed like he was older than most of the other Lanterns, but Denzel Washington would not be a good fit for him. I would like Pine as Hal, and you dont need to bulk up and be big for Hal because he is just an average size. He doesnt need to be big like Batman or Superman or Aquaman in fact he needs to look small next to them because he has not physical gifts he uses his power ring, and doesnt start as someone who will get into fist fights he uses his ring to fight.

I agree he doesn't need to be massive but I think he should at least look fit/have that superhero build so he doesn't look too out of place when assembled on screen. Granted he probably won't need to be as buff as Momoa, Cavill or even Affleck who's a fair unit.

I can get Flash being a bit on the leaner side due to his abilities (probably lucky for Miller given he looks quite small and slight of build).

I'm less interested in who will be playing Green Lantern and more interested in when we'll be seeing him for the first time. Anyone read anything on that? First Justice League movie?

Saw a rumour he might show up at the end of the JL part 1 film and warn them of an even bigger threat to come (in JL 2).

ACADEMY AWARD WINNER COMMON

(for Best Original Song)

Haha. I checked his IMDB and he's been in a few things I've seen over the years - I guess he just didn't stand out in anything I watched.

He's got the look for Jon Stewart and apparently was lined up to play him in a previous DC film that was scrapped about 10 years ago.

A few updates I saw today.

Seems Wonder Woman has lost Michelle MacLaren (who made a name with some of the Breaking Bad eps) as director.

“Given creative differences, Warner Bros. and Michelle MacLaren have decided not to move forward with plans to develop and direct Wonder Woman together,”

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/04/13/wonder-woman-movies-loses-its-director

Suicide Squad also began filming.

Reported cast photo:
suicide-squad-another-classic-dc-villain-revealed-353646.jpg

http://screencrush.com/suicide-squad-official-filming/

there are rumors that WB fired MacLaren from WW because they couldnt agree on story, when or where it would be set and Maclaren wanted Wonder Woman to have a pet tiger who helps her.

And that her wonder woman would conflict with the character that had been set up in BvS

there are rumors that WB fired MacLaren from WW because they couldnt agree on story, when or where it would be set and Maclaren wanted Wonder Woman to have a pet tiger who helps her.

And that her wonder woman would conflict with the character that had been set up in BvS

She doesn't have a pet tiger in the comics does she? I think Shazam (Billy Batson) might though?

On the bold bit, how does that work - is that similar to Whedon overseeing the MCU? Does Snyder have the final say on how the character will be portrayed and the directors of the other movies have to use the mould/guide he sets?

Could imagine limiting a director's creative freedom might cause some challenges...

She doesn't have a pet tiger in the comics does she? I think Shazam (Billy Batson) might though?

On the bold bit, how does that work - is that similar to Whedon overseeing the MCU? Does Snyder have the final say on how the character will be portrayed and the directors of the other movies have to use the mould/guide he sets?

Could imagine limiting a director's creative freedom might cause some challenges...

No she doesnt, and the tiger in Shazam isnt a pet. its Mr Tawny. he is man who in some stories can transform into a tiger, other times he is just a talking tiger. In the Shazam short film he was like a character who worked for the Wizard.

Unless somewhere its become a game of Chinese whispers. where it was Cheetah before she went evil or she wanted a pet tiger for no real point. But if its true i think its good DC/WB are looking for someone else. It will be interesting to see where DC want to take the movie and if it will be an origin story of with her established after BvS.

Also the credits for BvS came out today. and Gal was one of the last listed on the title card so she seems like only a small roll. Aquaman/Flash/Cyborg and the others are not listed

No she doesnt, and the tiger in Shazam isnt a pet. its Mr Tawny. he is man who in some stories can transform into a tiger, other times he is just a talking tiger. In the Shazam short film he was like a character who worked for the Wizard.

Unless somewhere its become a game of Chinese whispers. where it was Cheetah before she went evil or she wanted a pet tiger for no real point. But if its true i think its good DC/WB are looking for someone else. It will be interesting to see where DC want to take the movie and if it will be an origin story of with her established after BvS.

Also the credits for BvS came out today. and Gal was one of the last listed on the title card so she seems like only a small roll. Aquaman/Flash/Cyborg and the others are not listed

I wonder if they will look for another female director as a replacement? They seemed pretty keen to get a female originally before giving Maclaren the nod. Wonder if they will stick to that thinking again.

Interesting that Aquaman and Cyborg aren't listed (I think both have already mentioned they only had to shoot very minor bits for the film).

The fact she makes the initial credits list would suggest to me she has a decent part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many times these sort of cameos/support roles can also go uncredited. I wouldn't read too much into that just for now.

new rumor going around Snyder will release a 4 sec tease on the BvS trailer on twitter later this week and the full trailer could be attached to some prints of the new Avengers film.
I doubt it'll be attached to its rival franchise.

Forget later in the week and forget 4 second teaser. It's here (21 second teaser). It's not much but it's something. Can't wait for the full trailer!

Apparently a full trailer will be released in selected IMAX theaters next week.

Also, seems WB moved quickly to find a new director for Wonder Woman with Patty Jenkins apparently being given the nod. She directed 'Monster' which I think is meant to be critically acclaimed by most critics (never seen it myself) and supposedly was meant to direct Thor 2 but left the project (ironically) due to creative differences.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/wonder-woman-new-director-patty-jenkins-1201473041/

You know there's a Batman v Superman thread right :p

Haha yeah mate, just was too excited and couldn't be bothered hunting for it. Plus I heard Youtube were trying to take the videos down so I thought I'd get it out there as soon as I could just in case! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back