Destination Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyd has nominated Bulldogs.
Why?
What a great get, although direct swap for a gun in Griffen.
I would love to hear a gun come out and say Geelong is where he wants to go, like Ottens did, and Caddy perhaps.

I had a look at a map and it is McCann Place, behind the Lord Nelson pub.

No it was definitely McCann St - from what i can gather it was demolished - Market Square development - whatever that is

McCann St was on the corner of Little Malop St - it was full of cafes

The people ive spoken to - reckon - re Geelong - the inner city - theve absolutely destroyed it - theres no culture - just monster and characterless Giant Shopping Centres - and as a result - theres an endless number of vacant shops

No it was definitely McCann St - from what i can gather it was demolished - Market Square development - whatever that is

McCann St was on the corner of Little Malop St - it was full of cafes

The people ive spoken to - reckon - re Geelong - the inner city - theve absolutely destroyed it - theres no culture - just monster and characterless Giant Shopping Centres - and as a result - theres an endless number of vacant shops

Maybe with all the redevelopment, they chopped it off into a dead end street and changed it from street to place.

Maybe with all the redevelopment, they chopped it off into a dead end street and changed it from street to place.
No it connected Malop st to Little Mallop between Moorabool and Yarra st,if you drove straight out the southern end you would go through Myers window trust me I know ouch.

No it connected Malop st to Little Mallop between Moorabool and Yarra st,if you drove straight out the southern end you would go through Myers window trust me I know ouch.

Yep, I know it now. :thumbsu:

I remember before market square was in place. I used to go to the movies quite regularly at the old Corio Cinema.

I did a million laps of McCann st(mid 60s) in the 179 EH, the chicks all hung out in the Kit Kat cafe on the corner,the local cop Norm Rob kept the peace and Prestons ford was the pick of the Cars.

OMG! You just bought heap of memories back with one sentence. Big like for that post!

Destination Geelong!

The town has changed a lot from the above 'quaint' depiction. I don't think it's such a deterrent to live there anymore. You are less than an hour from Melbourne and have the the increasingly gentrified surf coast to live in if the beach appeals. Is it so much worse than the bloody Gold Coast, where nothing much happens and Brisbane becomes by comparison an exciting destination? Or Fremantle, which turns Perth into a cosmopolitan hoot? And if the player is looking for a slower pace, it actually works in our favor. Carji Greeves medalists like Ablett Snr and Ken Hinkley come to mind here. Mitch Clark, still a speculative prospect, also comes to mind.

did it look something like this?

Holden_EH_Special_Sedan.JPG
Ahh, the scent of those bench seats. I remember well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back