Division 3 Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing considering ressa's good start to the season! Three top teams continue to flourish though,
Went to watch Parkside vs Watsonia on the weekend, Watsonia look alright few game plans the young coach
ran worked well but others will need to be worked on as the hillman and thomo may run over them if they
Played like they did in patches Saturday! Having said that, any one ready to say whether they are the goods or not? Few good players? Milkman your tip for leading goal kicker might be on too, Bennett kicked 5 from memory!

You are right footypurist. A top side would have ran all over the top of us with our performance on Saturday. Saying that we played poorly but still came away with the 4 points and at the end of the day we will take that.
Still need a lot of improvement to tackle Panton Hill but we have beaten all the other contenders.
Just need a little more discipline and to stick to the team game plan for the whole game and who knows what could happen!

A couple of interesting games on the card for this afternoon:

Thomastown vs Reservoir A true eight-pointer with the Bears looking to keep on pace for the double chance.
Parkside vs Heidelberg West The Devils should be able to move further away from the wooden spoon..
St Marys vs Watsonia The Plenty Road boys should win the battle of the Saints to keep those double chances alive.

wow Reservoir lost again to one of the top three sides so watsy p/hill and now thomo have beaten the mustangs . it looks like the season is gone for the mustangs unless there is a big turn around .The big question is 8 points clear of st mary can the resa boys hang on to play finals ?

I happened to catch the Reservoir - Panton Hill game yesterday. Both sides gave their all.
Pity about the Rvoir asst coach, on numerous occassions he left the coaches box and walked around to the interchange area to abuse some Panton Hills players as they were being interchanged.
I thought the Rvoir coach and or committee members would have pulled this clown into line.

Ressa should get rid of the clown ... aggressive and loud all day, continually leaving the Coaches area throughout the match all the way up to the interchange gate about 25-30 metres away and then in the 3rd quarter, right in the face of a younger PH player at the gate while fending off the Ressa runners attempts to move him on !!! ... then post game when players were shaking hands and leaving the ground, the tosser approached same PH player and barked some pretty ugly "4-letters" at him.
The blokes I know at Ressa are decent blokes and are pissed they've been branded by this imbecile !
If he's been carrying on like this at other games or around the club, I wonder if his attitude has something to do with the 2-Blues indifferent form this season ?

Ressa should get rid of the clown ... aggressive and loud all day, continually leaving the Coaches area throughout the match all the way up to the interchange gate about 25-30 metres away and then in the 3rd quarter, right in the face of a younger PH player at the gate while fending off the Ressa runners attempts to move him on !!! ... then post game when players were shaking hands and leaving the ground, the tosser approached same PH player and barked some pretty ugly "4-letters" at him.
The blokes I know at Ressa are decent blokes and are pissed they've been branded by this imbecile !
If he's been carrying on like this at other games or around the club, I wonder if his attitude has something to do with the 2-Blues indifferent form this season ?

Eric the Viking You could be onto something as all the talk early in the year on this forum was the mustang were a monty for the flag and they are not going too good at this point if i was on the coaching panel i would be worried and looking for answers

Eric the Viking You could be onto something as all the talk early in the year on this forum was the mustang were a monty for the flag and they are not going too good at this point if i was on the coaching panel i would be worried and looking for answers

Eric the Viking and Local Footy Fan, i think you blokes have certainly blown this one out of proportion, i was also at the game and yes there was a couple of exchanges, however to say he has branded the club by his actions is total garbage- get your facts straight. Have you blokes not ever had a heated exchange?

Reservoir have struggled in games this year not beacuse of any internal issues but only because they haven't been able to put anywhere near their best side on the park consistently and are still struggling with injuries. I honestly don't think that any side is a Lay Down Misere right at the moment and there is plenty of football to be still played!

Eric the Viking and Local Footy Fan, i think you blokes have certainly blown this one out of proportion, i was also at the game and yes there was a couple of exchanges, however to say he has branded the club by his actions is total garbage- get your facts straight. Have you blokes not ever had a heated exchange?

Reservoir have struggled in games this year not beacuse of any internal issues but only because they haven't been able to put anywhere near their best side on the park consistently and are still struggling with injuries. I honestly don't think that any side is a Lay Down Misere right at the moment and there is plenty of football to be still played!

thanks Buddydelicious for a different opinion of what happened if this is what happened i stand corrected.Also a reason on why the mustangs have not been consistant this season .

Panton Hill vs Thomastown A preview of the grand final? Probbaly yes! Smaller ground may just give the Redbacks the advantage.
Reservoir vs Parkside The Mustamgs need to win to close the door firmly on any last heroics by the devils for a finals spot.
Heidelberg West vs St Marys The Sainters will be looking for a big win and hoping the Devils can also win to keep any slim finals hopes alive.

I think you should get your facts right Buddy, This guy had more than a couple of "heated exchanges"
and when has it been ok for a member of the coaching panel to leave the coaching area and keep walking around to the interchange area to abuse opposition players. The umpires could have reported him.
If he had been supporting his coach instead of mouthing off, he may have realised his side had 19 players on the ground as the third quarter was about to start.

Thomo big loss to the hillers, obviously makes panton the minor premier favourites, who do you think will get the important double chance, watsy moved into second, timing their run well or will Thomo get back to second? Ressa won't be in the running for my money!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Ressa would do a lot better, Panton Hill and Watsonia for the big dance, and the "hillbillies" to get the lollies.
I thought so too although come the business end i think they will be right up there. The top 4 looks set & anyone could win it. PH obviosuly favorites at this stage but stranger things have happened

Thomo big loss to the hillers, obviously makes panton the minor premier favourites, who do you think will get the important double chance, watsy moved into second, timing their run well or will Thomo get back to second? Ressa won't be in the running for my money!
I believe Panton Hill will finish on top, second place goes to whoever wins in round 17, between Thomastown and Watsonia, the decision by the tribunal tonight may have a huge bearing on that result, however I am tipping Watsonia to finish second, Thomastown third, and Reservoir to finish fourth, only because St Mary's do not appear strong enough to make finals.
Panton Hill v Watsonia in the GF and PH to win by 4 goals

What's the news about the tribunal? Whose up on what charges from what team? Why Watsonia in the grand final for you tiger Kelly? The watsy boys haven't played finals for a long time, is the new coach up to it? Lot of unanswered question?

Footy Purist im not sure the watsonia coach has fully proved himself yet... we will see come finals how he will go, to inexperienced for mine!! Hillbilles for me with the more experienced coach and players in the big dance!

What's the news about the tribunal? Whose up on what charges from what team? Why Watsonia in the grand final for you tiger Kelly? The watsy boys haven't played finals for a long time, is the new coach up to it? Lot of unanswered question?
Chadwick of Thomastown up on three charges.
I have tipped watsonia to make the GF as they have so far beaten thommo
on two ocassions. Wats need to win round 17 to get the double chance
I know that they are inexperienced however their scores during the season indicate they could be a real threat.
Those are my humble thoughts, but I have been wrong many times, anyway it is shaping up to be a cracker final series

I totally disagree the Bundy Bulls, how have watsonia not proven themselves, this team has gone from the bottom of the ladder to second on the ladder at the present time. As for the coach, as an outside party, I think he has been pretty good, please explain your reasoning because this follower doesn't understand, follower of Parkside and have given up on finals so following the saints

Oval ball fan whose your tip for the premiership leading goal kicker and best and fairest?
Sorry I have had trouble logging in.
Goal Kicking I think will be either Bennett or Flavel. If Bennett could kick straight him for sure!
B&F Dornauf would be a good chance as he stands out and a couple of outsiders who I have not seen play a bad game against us are McLean-Brunton from West and Kuchel from Ressa. I think the PH players may take votes off each other so haven't put any of them in. I think it will be close whoever wins which would reflect the season Div 3 has had.

Ah, the spotlight is again shinning on the lower kingdom of the league and with the finals spots all settled its now about who fiinishes where, although don't think this weeks round will decide that.

Panton Hill vs Parkside The Redbacks will again be looking to avenge that Round 1 loss to the Devils
Reservoir vs St Marys The Mustangs form has been up and down all season ut the Sainters forms this year has been even more disappointing
Heidelberg West vs Watsonia The Saints are no doubt the surprise of the season and wont give the Hawks any latitude

Watsonia vs Reservoir Another must win for the Sainters to keep that double chamce
Parkside vs Thomastown Can't see the Bears droping this one if they want to still chase that double chance
St Marys vs Panton Hill The Redbacks should be too accomplished for teh Sainters in this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back