Preview Do or Die vs Dons pre match discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

He was rested this week so he could get up this week. And we wouldn't risk our 3rd best midfielder to make finals?

Yep. Rested for one game with a hamstring. Standard procedure. LOL.

My mail is better

Playing with your penis, is not "mail"

He had 6 shots on goal. That's your definition of "held"

He can have 45 shots from the 50 metre boundary for all I care.

Your coach was more concerned with McMahon than Crameri.

Hansen is a spud. See I can lie too. Gumby's strength is his marking, so anything over waist high I'd back him to mark.

I'm not going to be losing sleep.

Played majority of the time in the ruck last time, split was 70/30 for his TOG by my reckoning, which was high 80's. This time it will be the opposite way around. So roughly 30 minutes for 2 marks I50 and 1 goal. Imagine how many marks he'll grab and goals he'll kick if he plays about 70-80 minutes up there instead :thumbsu:. By natural progression it should be 6 mark and 3-4 goals.

Why stop there?

Chalk him down for 15 goals and 112 hit outs.

Yeah, I'll take that too, Bellchambers just got more hitouts than Adelaide combined :thumbsu:

A fat lot of good that did.

Watson would make ME look good as a ruckman.

Umm, 3 were rested this week so that they could be fit for this week.

Semantics.

You say rested to be fit, I say underdone.

Season on the line and you are going to bring in blokes who are at best 90%. Reeks of desperation to me.

Crameri was awful first up when he re-injured himself.
Fletcher is Fletcher -
Stanton is 2 weeks into a 3 week injury and was horribly out of form prior to the said injury
Myers is 2 weeks into a 3 week injury
Hurley was bandaged up like a mummy, and that wasn't on his hammy's which are made of paper mache
Ryder is 3 weeks into a 4 week calf injury
Monfries would have been dropped if he didn't injure himself, now he is a factor apparently

You blokes are clutching at straws.

Why?

I would back Drew in against any of the essendon defenders one out.

One out yes, but that isn't going to happen. They are going to have the third man up on him all night. We have to use our trio to advantage. They will no doubt drop someone back to curtail it. This is where the other two come into play.

If we win we will make the 8. If we lose we have to beat Fremantle. I think we should only need to win 1 of the Fremantle or Essendon games to make it unless St Kilda win there last 4 which isn't out of the question. If we beat both Essendon and Freo we will probably finish 6th. If we win our last 4 we will finish as high as 5th.

Yep. Rested for one game with a hamstring. Standard procedure. LOL.

Playing with your penis, is not "mail"

He can have 45 shots from the 50 metre boundary for all I care.

Your coach was more concerned with McMahon than Crameri.

I'm not going to be losing sleep.

Why stop there?

Chalk him down for 15 goals and 112 hit outs.

A fat lot of good that did.

Watson would make ME look good as a ruckman.

You know there's different degrees of hamstring injuries, right?

This Sunday isn't the first time North and Essendon have squared off for a finals berth.

The infamous 1958 head count match.

20120806173826.jpg

20120806180021.jpg

scaled.php

"Our grand final is this week against North" - Mark "Bomber" Thompson.

Was asked if they rested fletcher as they knew there was a highly possibilitly they would lose in adelaide, and said he was sore but "We know this week is a grand final"...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our forwards had better get some decent separation this week.

Fletcher loves nothing more than rolling around the backline picking off high balls.

We need to isolate him.
Whoever is on fletcher needs to have one side of the fwd 50 open so if fletch sags off he can lead into space.
We need to lower our eyes when going fwd.

Wouldn't mind playing the three big Fwds across half fwd and making hardingham, Dempsey playing deep defence.
They are quite bad in defending a man in the goal square.

Howlett is a big loss as he does a run with role and gets a few clearances.
Their starting midfield is ok but after that they ain't got much to worry about.

Watson is the big danger and mustin be allowed to break from the centre with a clear path to the fwd fifty. We need a sweeper behind Goldy to stop thus happening.

Hurley hasn't been setting the world on fire and looks proppy at best.
Ryder takes about four games to hit form so should be able to negate him first game back.

Quietly confident this week.

Posted in the scums injury thread this morning. LOL had to laugh.

Stanton - Hamstring - 2 weeks
Crameri - calf (?) - 1 week
Hibberd - hammy - 1 week
Ryder - calf - 2 weeks
Zaka - calf - 3 weeks
Myers - hammy - 2 weeks
Winderlich - hammy - season
Howlett - hammy - season
Fletch - abductor (?) -2 weeks
Pris - ? - 1 week

Updated today from the scum website.

Injury news

Last updated 6/08/2012
Note: Injuries are updated each Monday afternoon after a medical meeting.

spacer.gif

David Zaharakis: Quad 1 week

• David injured his quad at a training session and is currently undergoing rehabilitation. He is progressing well in his recovery and is a chance to return next week.
Stewart Crameri: Tightness Test

• Stewart will be a chance to return this week after overcoming tightness in his hamstring.
Dustin Fletcher: Shoulder Test

• Dustin is likely to return this week after overcoming soreness in his shoulder. He will face fitness tests later this week.
Ben Howlett: Hamstring Unavailable

• Ben sustained a minor hamstring injury yesterday and will undergo scans in the next 24-48 hours to determine the full extent of the injury.
Jason Winderlich: Hamstring Unavailable

• Jason sustained a minor hamstring injury yesterday and will undergo scans in the next 24-48 hours to determine the full extent of the injury.
Kyle Reimers: Hamstring 1-2 weeks

• Kyle is a chance to return this week after overcoming a minor hamstring injury. He will be monitored by the medical staff.
Michael Hibberd: Quad Test

• Michael recently sustained a minor injury to his quad muscle and is on a modified training program. He is a chance to return this week pending fitness tests.
Mark McVeigh: Hamstring Unavailable

• Mark recently sustained a minor hamstring injury. He is on a modified training and rehabilitation regime.
David Myers: Bruised Calf Test

• David will be rested this week after experiencing bruising in his calf. He will be closely monitored by the medical staff and is a chance to return in the next week.
Brent Stanton: Soreness Test

• Brent will be closely monitored this week as his body recovers from general soreness. The club is hopeful Brent will be available this week.
Patrick Ryder: Calf 1 week

• Paddy is recovering well after suffering a minor calf strain. He is a chance to return next week as he continues his rehabilitation programs.
Luke Davis: Ankle Unavailable

• Luke has been placed on the long-term injury list as he continues his recovery from an ankle injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back