Dogs look to move up if Demons get compo pick 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Is your surname Prendergast? As much as I dislike McCartney, I can see why he and Cooney wouldn't get along. No doubting his skill, but unless you play a two-way game, you are a liability in the modern game. He's a steak knives trade at best.

Yeah if his knees are shot then no way I'd bother. But we still have a young midfield group and Cooney, like Cross and Vince, can take the heat off them for a couple of years while they develop. Our drafting since 2001 has been so s**t that we have a massive hole in our list where the experience should be. So unlike Saints and Dogs who can afford to top up almost solely with youth we have to draft in young kids AND replenish our mid-late 20's group. They can help us to become more competitive in the short term while developing our kids to take over from them in the longer term.

I wouldn't cry if we don't get him but I think he could add some value - say if we switched it and we gave that 28/33 pick for Frost and a pick in the 50's for Cooney would that change your thoughts? Same outcome it's just the numbers are switched around a bit.

Yeah if his knees are shot then no way I'd bother. But we still have a young midfield group and Cooney, like Cross and Vince, can take the heat off them for a couple of years while they develop. Our drafting since 2001 has been so s**t that we have a massive hole in our list where the experience should be. So unlike Saints and Dogs who can afford to top up almost solely with youth we have to draft in young kids AND replenish our mid-late 20's group. They can help us to become more competitive in the short term while developing our kids to take over from them in the longer term.

I wouldn't cry if we don't get him but I think he could add some value - say if we switched it and we gave that 28/33 pick for Frost and a pick in the 50's for Cooney would that change your thoughts? Same outcome it's just the numbers are switched around a bit.

Mate Cooney is shot playing on half a leg, HO is playing on half a brain, Garlett pees most of his brain up against a wall - then forgets to get the story right. Frost who knows, seems like a nice kid.

Petracca you wont get. Brayshaw good kid but has kicking issues. McCartin - the name Luke Molan comes to mind - remember him?

Out
Frawley Pick 13 ish 100 games
Clark Pick 12 ish 100 games
Byrnes Pick less compo for Rivers - 100 games
Strauss - failed Top 20 pick
Tapscott - failed Top 20 pick
Blease - failed top 20 pick

Jones "B grader" yet best player up on FA next season - will be the highest paid B grader in the comp or at another club next year.

Promising times ahead for sure in Demon town. Those in are very, very scary.

Give it a rest mate we know you've got a hard-on for the Demons and we know we're in a hole. We've got a bunch of promising kids coming through as well (Tyson, Salem, Hogan, Viney, Kent, JKH, Trengove once he gets over his foot injury, Toumpas), we're rebuilding from the ground up but there's no point chucking a bunch of raw kids in there without the senior support to allow them to develop. Pretty much everyone we're getting in will be an upgrade on our side who if you hadn't noticed is one of the worst performed teams of the mdoern era.

Despite all this, we still managed to beat your mob on your home patch this year though ;)

Mate Cooney is shot playing on half a leg, HO is playing on half a brain, Garlett pees most of his brain up against a wall. Frost who knows, seems like a nice kid.

Petracca you wont get. Brayshaw good kid but has kicking issues. McCartin - the name Luke Molan comes to mind - remember him?

OK so what would you do? It's easy to criticise but what would you do if you were in our position?

Give it a rest mate we know you've got a hard-on for the Demons and we know we're in a hole. We've got a bunch of promising kids coming through as well (Tyson, Salem, Hogan, Viney, Kent, JKH, Trengove once he gets over his foot injury, Toumpas), we're rebuilding from the ground up but there's no point chucking a bunch of raw kids in there without the senior support to allow them to develop. Pretty much everyone we're getting in will be an upgrade on our side who if you hadn't noticed is one of the worst performed teams of the mdoern era.

Despite all this, we still managed to beat your mob on your home patch this year though ;)

How many games did you win for the season? :cry: We had the worst game day coach in the lleague- he is GONE now.

Promising times ahead for sure in Demon town. Those in's are very, very scary. Id be shitting in my pants picking up young Strech - my little sister has more muscles - kid is all skin and bone. He will get smashed playing under 18's netball.
he did pretty well at SANFL senior level, u18 netball must be tougher than the SANFL then

Mate Cooney is shot playing on half a leg, HO is playing on half a brain, Garlett pees most of his brain up against a wall - then forgets to get the story right. Frost who knows, seems like a nice kid.

Further proving you know nothing.

Brayshaw doesn't have kicking issues, he's regarded as a good kick on both sides.

You're comparing McCartin and a guy who had serious injury problems that ruined his career.

Keep trying.

You should ignore respecting and looking after your players.You would have to be nearly working your way into the most hated 17 finishing side in the comp ever - congratulations. Cant wait to get into populous Gills ear next time he heads to SA.
But we still beat you. Away. And that loss cost you a spot in the finals. So we shared mad Monday! Now your coach is sacked and you're so desperate to catch up to port you're poaching their assistants! Paddy walks through FA next year and you get what? Pick 10? Haha. Tell Tom lynch Viney says hi too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May as well close this thread IMO.

Trade is probably very unlikely to actually happen and between Essendon/ASADA bull and the moron trolling the Demons and the ones that get sucked in, I can't actually remember what we were talking about... :S

We
May as well close this thread IMO.

Trade is probably very unlikely to actually happen and between Essendon/ASADA bull and the moron trolling the Demons and the ones that get sucked in, I can't actually remember what we were talking about... :S
We were talking about McCrae for #3

So McCartin is going to get a series of career ending injuries?

Thanks Nostradamus.

Out of internet Dogs fans, would you do the pick 3 trade for a genuine gun (Macrae, Stringer, Bont, etc.) if Melbourne didn't ask for another pick in return? So you'd keep pick 6 and get pick 3, but give up a gun midfielder to us?

Out of internet Dogs fans, would you do the pick 3 trade for a genuine gun (Macrae, Stringer, Bont, etc.) if Melbourne didn't ask for another pick in return? So you'd keep pick 6 and get pick 3, but give up a gun midfielder to us?
Nope, They were all picks around those pick and have already show they will be guns, the same way you would want overs for a pick 3 upgrade we would require massive overs to let one of those kids go, i.e 2 & 3 so it wont happen.

Nope, They were all picks around those pick and have already show they will be guns, the same way you would want overs for a pick 3 upgrade we would require massive overs to let one of those kids go, i.e 2 & 3 so it wont happen.
Yeah, well I don't see the trade happening then lol. :p

I'm sure there'll be some good kids around at pick 6.

I don't think any fan would give up Macrae, Stringer or Bont for any pick. Their all fan favorites now, not to mention carried our side in the last part of the season. Don't trade away quality like that for a speculative pick. Sure were desperate for pick 2 or 3. That desperate....NO!

I'm sure we will continue to try to get one of those picks off you, interesting to see if it gets done and how it would get done.
If not we slink away into the night with pick 6.
Dream scenario Lever turns out to be the next big forward at 6 instead of a defender.

Last edited:

Nope! Can't see us giving up what appear to be sure things for the lottery of the draft. No matter how enticing McCartin and Wright appear.

There'll still be quality talls to be had at 6 if in we miss out on the aforementioned players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back