Pick 4 on the table?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we won't trade our 2024 first this year for collecting points for Levi Ashcroft. Its too early of an investment and a guessing game whether Ashcroft will rise or fall in draft. We have a long way to go and there is still an option to trade other picks first to collect those extra points for next year.

However, we would be keen to sell our 2024 first if we get a chance to get back into 2023 first round. Lions need two things to happen - a willing trade partner and a player we like is still available to draft. This is likely to be a draft night sort of trade I think.
Assuming the Suns take the Bulldogs offer they could trade you back your original first for your F1. Would have to be done when the Walters bid comes though, so you couldn't wait for a specific player I guess.

Assuming the Suns take the Bulldogs offer they could trade you back your original first for your F1. Would have to be done when the Walters bid comes though, so you couldn't wait for a specific player I guess.
Yep, if we get our first back we'll be ready to swap.

Yep, if we get our first back we'll be ready to swap.
I just use as an example , plenty of clubs would trade their 2023 2nd 3rd for GCs 2024 future 2nd 3rd during trade night . I don't think GCs got enough players to delist next year anyway if they over delist and trade aways chol and Holland this year for the 3 first round . Sometime you just need to go to deficiency and trade away you first round pick for future 1st if you got too many first round in a year . GCS only left Ainsworth after 4 first round in that year draft. GCS still need to paid market price for Bowes as first round as their academy player. They is no guarantee GCS academies players as first round pick will translate their junior form into senior , Patton ( injuries ) Bowes , Thomas ( personal issues) , paddy dow.

Late comers like Flanders and Henry , take them thier fourth year to produce some AFL result .

Last edited:

It’s either very brave or bloody reckless of the Dogs to trade a F1. We just lost to West Coast at home. We’ve yet to sign any assistant coaches.

Suns seem to be keen on future picks for Hollands and therefore I assume Chol and anyone else they are jettisoning as well.

I reckon that Dogs deal is close to being locked in (and they arent getting better so why not) and the points are almost all covered already

Suns seem to be keen on future picks for Hollands and therefore I assume Chol and anyone else they are jettisoning as well.

I reckon that Dogs deal is close to being locked in (and they arent getting better so why not) and the points are almost all covered already
Would love hawks to bid on Croft to make this kings ransom of a trade in order to get in front of that bid.

Would love hawks to bid on Croft to make this kings ransom of a trade in order to get in front of that bid.
Croft is certainly just what we need. And we do have form with early bids (campbell).

I doubt it happens though. Duursma or McKercher I think.

Animated GIF

I’m saying at the moment you get both, this way you would have to pick only 1. Only makes sense if Hawks get hands on pick 8-10 and they rate croft
No chance we would match and is there anyone on the planet that rates croft in the top ten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More interested to see how the secondary trade works out because there will be suitors for both of the Dogs picks that GC end up with. Personally hoping Essendon have a crack at one or both of them come draft night.

No chance we would match and is there anyone on the planet that rates croft in the top ten
Twomey rates him 11, so I am guessing someone rates him at least 10.

And we desperately need a KPF. I think we just wait a few years for a FA though. Just like Richmond and Geelong did.

Twomey rates him 11, so I am guessing someone rates him at least 10.

And we desperately need a KPF. I think we just wait a few years for a FA though. Just like Richmond and Geelong did.
I found it interesting that he went up in Twomeys rankings during the time he played the worst he has all year

I found it interesting that he went up in Twomeys rankings during the time he played the worst he has all year
Yep, my bet is 15-22, but there are so many teams desperate for a key forward. You just never know.

Yep, my bet is 15-22, but there are so many teams desperate for a key forward. You just never know.
Yeah everyone pretty much has him at 15, he only went up boards when Twomey changed and he follows Essendon which seems convenient, in the open draft on draft night he would go closer to 20 than 15 hell Mitch Edwards slid for no real reason and there future prospects are pretty similar

Three-way live trade at the start of the draft

WC 34, 39, 53 > 19

North F19, F20, 19, 40, 52, 60 > 4, 29

GC 4, 29 > F19, F20, 34, 39, 40, 52, 53, 60

This, combined with their current hand, would leave GC with enough junk picks to match all their players - especially if the other teams don't bid. And they would be left with North's two future assistance picks.

WC 34, 39, 53 > 19

This, combined with their current hand, would leave GC with enough junk picks to match all their players - especially if the other teams don't bid. And they would be left with North's two future assistance picks.
West Coast need to trade for Brockman and likely Robertson. Using 34 with something else to trade up could be appealing.

Just depends if they want to keep some picks this draft and trade futures for those 2.

WC 34, 39, 53 > 19

If north don’t get suns pick now with Mckay compo and the assistance package then shut the joint down.

If north don’t get suns pick now with Mckay compo and the assistance package then shut the joint down.
I think we'll target other teams early picks before theirs. We already have two picks at the top and need kp players who are in the next tier down. GC really want a combination of lots of junk picks this year and the best future picks they can get. We don't really have either at the moment. Unless we are handing over our F1, which wont happen, we need to do a lot of other trades to create an appealing package. If they are up for it, I think that Hawthorn, Richmond and Essendon are the teams with the best F1's to get it done.

I think we'll target other teams early picks before theirs. We already have two picks at the top and need kp players who are in the next tier down. GC really want a combination of lots of junk picks this year and the best future picks they can get. We don't really have either at the moment. Unless we are handing over our F1, which wont happen, we need to do a lot of other trades to create an appealing package. If they are up for it, I think that Hawthorn, Richmond and Essendon are the teams with the best F1's to get it done.
If you offered 14/19 and the 2 futures I would do it those futures are really valuable to trade up with port crows lions, trade back in this year etc

If you offered 14/19 and the 2 futures I would do it those futures are really valuable to trade up with port crows lions, trade back in this year etc
I'm not sure I completely follow, but if I understand - trade up, then trade back, then that could work.

I do wonder if GWS would trade up for Duursma.
Pick 2 from North for 6 and 15.
Take Curtin at 3 and O’Sullivan at 6.
Then turn your three priority picks plus maybe something into GC’s pick 4. Take one of Watson, Caddy or McKercher.

You could very well walk away with Curtin, Caddy, O’Sullivan plus have those two picks at ~14 and 15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back