Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the game hard to play? Looking at some of the strike rates seems like it's fairly unrealistic?

I'd love to play a cricket game where you can't hit 6's every second ball or so and traveling along at 2 or 3 runs per ball would kill the immersion for me.

Or are there just a few 'legends' at the game on here?

Is the game hard to play? Looking at some of the strike rates seems like it's fairly unrealistic?

I'd love to play a cricket game where you can't hit 6's every second ball or so and traveling along at 2 or 3 runs per ball would kill the immersion for me.

It's a little from column a and a little from column b, I would consider myself as being fairly decent at the game BUT I still have moments where I get out very easily if I lose concentration. A lot of my boundary balls are just dumb luck / being cocky rather than exploiting the game mechanics (I get lucky when I hit 20+ runs an over let alone getting 36).

It largely depends on how you play it, I myself don't really enjoy "grinding" out an innings even though just like in real life it's recommended to do so.
It also varies, I find that it's easier to play shield matches like they are one dayers. Whereas I can sometimes struggle with T20 and 50 over games (in that I need to be more "set" before I can go for my full range of shots.... but I rarely have patience to do so as I just want to get the run rate up ASAP).

I'd prefer the realistic version of scoring 2-3 runs an over, rather than carting it for a six every second ball.

That's what Stick Cricket is for.

3LRLoIf.jpg

My most recent Big Bash score (starting the tournament I had scores of 19, 6, 26. I thought 67 would be my next best (had so many close calls in the late 60's through to 90's). I wound up belting the ball around once I reached 91. Eight balls after that screenshot I was out for 116. The team actually had reached the 150's, this was in the 8th over and I thought for sure we'd continue on and get a massive total as I was belting the ball we had 18 down to 14 RPO run rate....... the team only went on to score 220 :thumbsdown:.

Most people hitting sixes everywhere would be playing on a lower difficulty id imagine

I have different careers on pro, veteran and legend. Legend is definitely a grinder, barely score a boundary and have to rely on bunting the ball and running singles or 2's if I am lucky. I should have said in my last post that you get out of it whatever you like regardless of the difficulty. When I first started playing DBC I was frustrated at it (reminded me so much of EA's Cricket 2002 which was also hard to pick up at first), it just takes a bit of practice and you can make it fun. I myself still struggle with spin and medium pace bowlers, it varies... sometimes I can master the timing and be able to handle the balls coming at me. Other times they bamboozle me and I either get out lbw or clean bowled.

I play 5 over exhibition matches on amateur from time to time (purely to boost my XP and keep myself in the top 50 list :D).

I'd prefer the realistic version of scoring 2-3 runs an over, rather than carting it for a six every second ball.

That's what Stick Cricket is for.
I play test matches at a very slow pace and love just grinding out singles, twos and threes for the whole game. I find it extremely more enjoyable for some reason. I find ODI and T20 boring as hell, so I just go the hit or get out approach in hopes to end the games as fast as I can.

If I go the slog in test matches I'll probably make a quick 20 or 30 but then likely get out. I also don't get much enjoyment out of it, so I play properly.

If I go the slog in test matches I'll probably make a quick 20 or 30 but then likely get out. I also don't get much enjoyment out of it, so I play properly.
The AI isn't too bad either, I'm a bowler batting at 10 and came in one game making a quick run-a-ball 40 odd, next innings and next game all the scoring zones I made my runs in always had fielders when they didn't in the innings I made my 40 odd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long does it take to reach each particular "level" for your career player?

I've been on the same level for about 2-3 seasons, and am now up to a career points amount of around 9,000.
By level do you mean the helmet rating? If so, the helmet rating is unrelated to your career points tally.

What is that helmet rating? I've seen it explained before, but I've forgotten.
The helmet rating goes up based on your skill level, the more skill points you get, the higher your helmet rating.

Hey guys, I'm getting the game on the PS4 when it comes out, I just have a few questions:

What game types can be played? Tri-Series, World Cup, tour of England, India etc?
What teams (countries) feature in the game? (Can you play against the non test teams?)

Cheers

Hey guys, I'm getting the game on the PS4 when it comes out, I just have a few questions:

What game types can be played? Tri-Series, World Cup, tour of England, India etc?
What teams (countries) feature in the game? (Can you play against the non test teams?)

Cheers
All of those series/tournaments can be played through any match format (F5, T10, T20, One Day, Test or even your own made up format).

Pretty much every country you can think of is available to play, all the one's you'd expect and more, including the Officially licensed Russian team. :D

Can always create sides if you need to as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back