Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Victorian shield captaincy is too much pressure for my player and I have been in a pretty big form slump in both the Shield and 50 overs formats (seems like I can start well, but crumble after reaching 8).

The upside is being the shield captain I am throwing myself into bowl (only when the other team is already 6 or 8 wickets down... so I can "clean" up the tail. It hasn't worked out as well as it did when I started doing it in T20 and the 50 overs games (both state, county and international). Averaging 1 wicket per innings, the funny thing is I have shot up to the top of the stats with the average, especially the economy. I find it amusing that this is happening after 80+ shield games.

My experiment of batting 50 overs failed. Bowled India out for 252 in 48.2, playing as Bangladesh I was all out for 214 in 46.5.

There's a weird glitch with "caught behind" plays.

One in every two or three knicks to the keeper aren't recognised by the umpire.

It's strange: the keeper moves back and then dives to take the catch, much in the same way he often does for recognised dismissals.

However I appeal, and it's given not out.
I review, and there's 100% an edge.
I check the replay, and the keeper manages to just glove it.

But it's given not out.

Is this a glitch, where the game is supposed to show the keeper dropping it? Or are some edges just not being recognised?
This is driving me nuts, still.

HBK619 any known information on this?

This is driving me nuts, still.

HBK619 any known information on this?
You'd be best taking some video.

From what I can gather, what you're seeing is the ball 'going through' or looking like it's edging, but our physics are saying that didn't happen. Basically it's a slight mis-match of the ball to where the bat is and the outcome is you see what looks like an edge, but it in fact isn't.

6wrp68v.png

*raises the bat*

wNGjuFi.jpg

Turned the corner (most likely temporary!) and scored 75 in my most recent shield game against WA. Would have loved to have tried to equal it OR better it in the second innings, but when we went in to bat again we only needed 26 runs to win.

Followed it up in the One Dayer against WA, trouble early on but after 9 balls I found my groove and started to hit the ball around quite a bit. Only the occasional boundary but plenty of 2's and 3's. Once I reached 60 I started going for my shots a lot more, had my first successful "advancing down the wicket" 6 in weeks real time and months in season :D. Got my 100 in 48 balls and because Victoria were going really badly (they were crumbling around me, WA got on a hat-trick at one stage and I was powerless at that point in time haha) I had visions of myself staying in to score 200 and hopefully post a good total. We were going along ok despite losing wickets, steadily improving the run rate to 8+ per over. I hit out once too often though and was caught on 128. Since we had barely got over the 200 run mark I thought yep we're going to get a low total. But the simulation of the rest of the innings with Victoria at 6/ they still managed to score over 300 just as the 49th over hit.

We smashed them by 160 runs, I put myself in to bowl in the last 10 overs (only really bowled 4 overs), took no wickets and was carted around for 30 runs.

There's a weird glitch with "caught behind" plays.

One in every two or three knicks to the keeper aren't recognised by the umpire.

It's strange: the keeper moves back and then dives to take the catch, much in the same way he often does for recognised dismissals.

However I appeal, and it's given not out.
I review, and there's 100% an edge.
I check the replay, and the keeper manages to just glove it.

But it's given not out.

This has happened to me twice over the last week, I assumed it was like that time in a real life match not long ago (when there was an incident where the noise that was assumed to be the bat hitting the ball was actually the bat hitting the pitch) - playing "LIVE" the ball looked like it was hit and carried to the keeper - the difference being that in the incident in the video game the attempted shot was a cut shot not a straight drive or defensive block attempt. When it was given NOT OUT I reviewed it and HOT SPOT showed the ball had hit the bat. I was expecting the umpire to give the batsman out, but nooooooooooooo :mad:.

Last edited:
Finally got my baggy green :D

Simmed a few games, skipped the entire Indian T20 comp because I couldn't be stuffed with it. Also found that when playing t20 in career mode, always bat first unless you're a opener or 3rd batsman.

I'm a middle order all rounder, and the top order have the slowest run rate ever.

What settings / difficulty do you guys recommend? What should I try before starting a career?

Cheers
I reccommend either Rookie or Amateur difficulty setting just to test the waters. Difficulty goes up by two the better you get and your progress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reccommend either Rookie or Amateur difficulty setting just to test the waters. Difficulty goes up by two the better you get and your progress.

Had a play last night. The difference between Amateur and Pro is HUGE. Virtually cannot put bat on ball on Pro while smashing sixes on Amateur. Tried bowling on pro and bowled about 15 no balls in two overs!

Had a play last night. The difference between Amateur and Pro is HUGE. Virtually cannot put bat on ball on Pro while smashing sixes on Amateur. Tried bowling on pro and bowled about 15 no balls in two overs!

You should try Legend, regulation shots (my usual straight drives, cut shots and other aggressive strokes) end up being as powerful as a defensive block (at least with the way I play the game) and the ball barely makes it past the bowler :D:mad::(

When on career mode and I'm at the non strikers, I think I've found the single most annoying way my partners get out. They'll drive on the front foot but straight back to the bowler. Bowler throws down the stumps and the strikers and their back foot is just outside the crease. All the ******* time. They run themselves out like this once every two games. Voges and Marsh both did it this morning, effectively ******* up our chase of 185.

Bowled out a team for 104 in a T20
My player bats at 4, and the team ended up at 1/102 at the end of the T20
Some of the accuracy of the games simulation is annoying

This never ever happens for me :confused: If anything the scores are usually around 160-180 no matter what conditions...so inconsistent in the sense that the batsman always have a good day.

You'd be best taking some video.

From what I can gather, what you're seeing is the ball 'going through' or looking like it's edging, but our physics are saying that didn't happen. Basically it's a slight mis-match of the ball to where the bat is and the outcome is you see what looks like an edge, but it in fact isn't.
When I review, Hot Spot is showing a clear edge.

I can't record, though, sorry, as I use the PS3.

Made my ODI debut against Sri Lanka with scores of 30 and 39 before heading off to start the English one day league for Leicestershire. First game against Middlesex I've moved along to 36 off 30 with they bring on a spinner with no fielders down the ground. Promptly slapped him for five consecutive sixes before the sixth one fell just short. He came back for a second over and I hit another six and two fours before they finally put a fielder down there. Ended up scoring my first career mode ton off 51 balls before chopping on next ball.

Got 141 in a ODD match and got nowhere near winning man of the match... Might have had something to do with Hughes scoring 248 not out though :eek:
We ended up making 448 off the 50 :D

In the game I scored 128 in yesterday I thought yep we won I'll be shoe in for man of the match.

A player on the other team got the MOTM instead - he scored 85....... but he also took 5 wickets. I was still annoyed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back