Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

I have quite a lot of games where an innings will have scores of 0, 1, 3, 0, 157, 12, 67, 30, 10, 21, 9. Top goes 5/30, end up with 280-300 odd with one guy striking a century at a SR of 130.

I have quite a lot of games where an innings will have scores of 0, 1, 3, 0, 157, 12, 67, 30, 10, 21, 9. Top goes 5/30, end up with 280-300 odd with one guy striking a century at a SR of 130.

Almost seems like the AI is rigged to make a predetermined score. So many times I get them down to 6/50-odd only for their number 9 and 10 to put on a hundred and they finish around the 220 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started playing this again the other week. I may be one of the only people in the world that went Career Mode as a Bowler. First Class Average is just above 11 (helped that I was getting 4 for * all most innings in my first year of County Cricket) with the ball and 30 odd with the bat. Got the call up to the Aussie Test Team playing last night, still playing that through.

Started playing this again the other week. I may be one of the only people in the world that went Career Mode as a Bowler. First Class Average is just above 11 (helped that I was getting 4 for **** all most innings in my first year of County Cricket) with the ball and 30 odd with the bat. Got the call up to the Aussie Test Team playing last night, still playing that through.
My first one was as of a left arm bowler. Got bored when I was given the ODI captaincy at 17

My first one was as of a left arm bowler. Got bored when I was given the ODI captaincy at 17
My Career player is only 17 as well (left arm also). Only got the one test call up so far, it seems that a lot of people made the one day side before the test side. I haven't hit expecting selection yet on the international one day side and not anywhere near it with the 20/20.

My Career player is only 17 as well (left arm also). Only got the one test call up so far, it seems that a lot of people made the one day side before the test side. I haven't hit expecting selection yet on the international one day side and not anywhere near it with the 20/20.
I think I was on the T20 last. In my first game didn't even bowl a ball.

This is getting pretty frustrating now.

During the course of a year, I played
32 One Dayers
59 T20's
Just 11 First Class matches

I'm going to have to put a lot of time into this game to play tests.

32 One Dayers
59 T20's

How are your first class stats?

32 One Dayers
59 T20's

With the latest patch you can simulate all the games you can't be arsed playing in career mode

How are your first class stats?
Average 53 odd I think as an opening bat. I'm "Very Close" to selection, so I think I just need one or two more scores. but I haven't played a first class game for absolutely ages. The whole "English" side of the season I played one county game.

With the latest patch you can simulate all the games you can't be arsed playing in career mode

Not a fan of stuff like that, my stats wouldn't be my stats anymore.

Average 53 odd I think as an opening bat. I'm "Very Close" to selection, so I think I just need one or two more scores. but I haven't played a first class game for absolutely ages. The whole "English" side of the season I played one county game.

Yeah probably tough to knock rodgers or warner out.

You just dont play the game when you sim. Like not being selected

Stats for simmed games aren't counted

The patch is now live for all consoles.

A recap of what that features:

– Online/offline 2 player vs AI co-op mode.
– Online/offline 2 player vs 2 player co-op mode.
– Improvements to online gameplay connections.
– Ability to change difficulty in career at any point.
– Ability to skip to career player at any point.
– Pause Menu Indicator now says Partner when in co-op.
– Changed score HUD from KPH to KM/H.
– Changed format of Score HUD.
– Removed difficulty notification in Career.
– Running call sound effects in online co-op multiplayer.
– Removed forfeit warnings when playing online co-op multiplayer.
– Added [P] symbol to score HUD to show power-play.
– Added online co-op difficulty choice.
– Added online versus difficulty choice.
– Added ability to select batsmen before super over.
– Added Lofted sweep and lofted reverse sweep shots – Use LB+LT/L1+L2
– Added Advance grounded shots – Use RB+LT+RT/R1+L2+R2
– Added ability to set fields in practice match, for bowler.
– Improved AI run chase pacing.
– AI attempt to run between wickets more aggressively (should be attempting more 1s & 2s where applicable, as well as 3s).
– Corrected missing delivery sometimes resulting in the batsman twitching – causing run outs/stumpings.
– Corrected batsman slides back a bit towards default position after moving him.
– Corrected swapping to the wicketkeepers position in the batting lineup made you WK in Career mode.
– Corrected moving a player up the batting order, shuffling the rest of the order down.
– Corrected AI shot choices on a free-hit.
– Corrected super over run chase not being aggressive.
– AI field placement changes occur more often.
– Further improvements to field placement selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will this affect current saves? Or will we need to start a new career to get the changes?
All changes take affect to current saves. No need to start a new career.

How do you block the ball as a batsman with the new patch? R2 isn't working now.

Made the test side and was made captain for my debut. I assume that's the selectors way of telling me I should of been selected 2 years ago.

I'm having massive issues since I downloaded the new patch for my Xbox 360. I happened to be offered a 20/20 Big Bash contract a few shield games after installing the patch, and it is experiencing a fatal glitch which involves the beginning of the very next over after your career player has come into a simulated game.

The first game I was batting, saw out the last 5 balls of the over, then the game froze in the sense that the bowler of the next over would not begin his run-up. I tried to save and exit, but when I went back into the half-completed match, the screen would go completely black (with crowd sound effects) a few short moments after loading and panning across the ground at the start of the shot. I tried to pause at this point so I could click 'forfeit match' and that was the only control that worked.

At least my career was saved, otherwise the incomplete match would be stuck in a blacked-out screen loop if it weren't for the first few seconds upon loading the partially completed match where I was subsequently able to press the start button straight away and thus select to forfeit.

The same thing happened in the next game where our side was bowling in the first innings. After my player's first over, the game again froze with the new bowler not beginning his run-up (me in the field this time) without the option to 'press Y to simulate', and all the pause menu functions were inoperative bar 'save and exit' and 'forfeit match'.

This seems to only be a problem with these Big Bash games. The 'press Y to simulate' has been pretty flawless in shield and 50 over domestic matches, with the only glitch being the score restarting at 0/0 when you sometimes simulate halfway through an over while batting. When I paused and went to the pause-screen scorecard, the score was correct, and immediately when I un-paused, the on screen score came back.

The added shots and increased AI aggression in running are big ticks for me though.

Last edited:
I'm having massive issues since I downloaded the new patch for my Xbox 360. I happened to be offered a 20/20 Big Bash contract a few shield games after installing the patch, and it is experiencing a fatal glitch which involves the beginning of the very next over after your career player has come into a simulated game.

The first game I was batting, saw out the last 5 balls of the over, then the game froze in the sense that the bowler of the next over would not begin his run-up. I tried to save and exit, but when I went back into the half-completed match, the screen would go completely black (with crowd sound effects) a few short moments after loading and panning across the ground at the start of the shot. I tried to pause at this point so I could click 'forfeit match' and that was the only control that worked.

At least my career was saved, otherwise the incomplete match would be stuck in a blacked-out screen loop if it weren't for the first few seconds upon loading the partially completed match where I was subsequently able to press the start button straight away and thus select to forfeit.

The same thing happened in the next game where our side was bowling in the first innings. After my player's first over, the game again froze with the new bowler not beginning his run-up (me in the field this time) without the option to 'press Y to simulate', and all the pause menu functions were inoperative bar 'save and exit' and 'forfeit match'.

This seems to only be a problem with these Big Bash games. The 'press Y to simulate' has been pretty flawless in shield and 50 over domestic matches, with the only glitch being the score restarting at 0/0 when you sometimes simulate halfway through an over while batting. When I paused and went to the pause-screen scorecard, the score was correct, and immediately when I un-paused, the on screen score came back.

The added shots and increased AI aggression in running are big ticks for me though.

Yeah Im having the same issues - but in all forms of the game. I thought it was the disc, but I tried it on my mates 360 without the patch and everything worked fine.

******* Nevill

Scored 2 off 84 balls against me before I finally broke through his ridiculous defense. Half track left arm leggie followed by yorker length top spinner which missed the bat and destroyed off stump

I enjoy this game but one thing that it does lack is grounds.

Played 5 test match series against England and every single one of them was at the MCG.

Then you also have some IPL, County, England T20 and England 40o matches also played at the Melbourne stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back