Drugs/doping in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Saints fans that want to laugh at Essendon may want tune into 2.45 as they face media. They've Allegdely been done for giving growth hormones to their players! Been waiting weeks for this news to break!!

Saints fans that want to laugh at Essendon may want tune into 2.45 as they face media. They've Allegdely been done for giving growth hormones to their players!

563340_10151737359164128_453520250_n.jpg

... ... ... oh wait ... ... ...

So bombers as drug cheats now. Seems that the muscle mass increase with drugs last year, was too much for hamstrings etc

Did they honestly come forward, or were they going to be outed as cheats????

Nice choice of club BJ :thumbsu:

If Essendon's fixtures get wiped out and/or they are deducted H/A points, I honestly hope BJ's agent terminates his deal on grounds of frustration of contract and comes back to St.Kilda.
Why would you move to another club without expecting to play a full season or even finals?

BJ call your agent A.S.A.P and come back home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon FC are under investigation by the AFL and ASADA to determine whether the vast majority of their players used illegal performance-enhancing drugs.

The players were asked to sign consent forms handed to them by some conditioning staff early in 2012 after which they were offered injections and powdered supplements.

The investigation is understood to centre on the possibility that Essendon players were injected with peptides or ''related substances''. Speculation is rife as to the specific substances involved. 1,3-dimethylamylamine (often abbreviated DMAA) has been suggested, although human growth hormone (hGH) and deer antler spray (containing IGF-1) have also been implicated. DMAA has only recently been placed on the banned substances list (August 1 2012). I have now read that SARMS is suspected (a designer drug that mimics testosterone) Link

Essendon has admitted its players took supplements but the club leadership said it had only learnt in recent days that there were issues with some of these products. The club would not say how many of its players had taken the supplements.

I have heard rumours that only three players declined taking the supplements, one of the three was Brownlow medalist Jobe Watson.

Stephen Dank is the sport scientist that was sacked at the end of last season and is believed to be at the centre of the alleged incident.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/drugs-probe-at-essendon-over-player-supplements-20130205-2dwmb.html#ixzz2K2BrOYgy

Essendon FC are under investigation by the AFL and ASADA to determine whether the vast majority of their players used illegal performance-enhancing drugs.

The players were asked to sign consent forms handed to them by some conditioning staff early in 2012 after which they were offered injections and powdered supplements.

The investigation is understood to centre on the possibility that Essendon players were injected with peptides or ''related substances''. Speculation is rife as to the specific substances involved. 1,3-dimethylamylamine (often abbreviated DMAA) has been suggested, although human growth hormone (hGH) and deer antler spray (containing IGF-1) have also been implicated. DMAA has only recently been placed on the banned substances list (August 1 2012). I have now read that SARMS is suspected (a designer drug that mimics testosterone) Link

Essendon has admitted its players took supplements but the club leadership said it had only learnt in recent days that there were issues with some of these products. The club would not say how many of its players had taken the supplements.

I have heard rumours that only three players declined taking the supplements, one of the three was Brownlow medalist Jobe Watson.

Stephen Dank is the sport scientist that was sacked at the end of last season and is believed to be at the centre of the alleged incident.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/drugs-probe-at-essendon-over-player-supplements-20130205-2dwmb.html#ixzz2K2BrOYgy

Sounds like a performance inhibiting program. Everything the weapon touches turns to pig iron. Shame if they sack him.

Seems that now is the time to introduce a new Saints membership package. Simply present your current Essendon membership card and for a further payment of $xxx you are now a Saint.

Can we copy the Essendon posts in Media Thread across? Theres some gold in there that deserves to be in this thead :D

Saints fans that want to laugh at Essendon may want tune into 2.45 as they face media. They've Allegdely been done for giving growth hormones to their players! Been waiting weeks for this news to break!!

had you heard the allegations beforehand?

had you heard the allegations beforehand?

Yea mate, i was told they were being investigated about 3-4 weeks ago and that the "big journos" were digging around. So for Essendon to only "find out" 48 hours ago is complete crap.

We need a Delusional Pearlers Essendon edition.

eg. "The AFL site crashed because minnow clubs want to see Essendon fail."

Then after some good old fashioned keyboard chest beating - I won 16 flags!!1, dem haterz jelus - "clubs like St Kilda and North dream of this sort of attention"

lol

My favourite part tho was that it was posted by a mod.

Nice to be on the other side of all this head-shaking and condemnation.

It's been a shocking pre-season across the league, and it makes our stellar preparation look even better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back