• Yes

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Only on the fringe

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing in this thread about Serena's 'illness' during Wimbledon? You're slipping, folks...

Oh, and Rafa's out of another major. This time it's the wrist. Or, perhaps, 'wrist'.

Coincidentally the same major that Mr HGH, Wayne Odesnik, has a wild card entry in!
Illuminati confirmed.

I particularly liked when Rafa's team told a Spanish journalist that he was getting growth hormones to speed his recovery, before this was quickly changed by his PR company to be growth factors (big difference you see). Complete with alternative treatments that don't work.

You go Rafa. :thumbsu:

There are different types :) not all the drugs are classified as 'doping', so they should choose the 'okay' ones.

http://www.si.com/tennis/2014/11/19/wertheim-mailbag-doping-itf-tennis
A very loose article, but interesting that it's been written nonetheless. I think it's referring to Serena Williams. The other possibility is Henin or even Sharapova, but I don't believe either of them have looked to have gone through "physical transformations". That's not to say they're above suspicion. What a blight on this once great sport, Williams being the worst of them.

Good topic. There's been concern for years about the poor testing standards in tennis. How players can disappear for periods during which they go untested.

Interesting para in the linked piece which questions how tennis goes about drug testing.

For instance, figures compiled by the superb ‘Tennis Has a Steroid Problem’ website show that between 2006 and 2011 there was a 33 per cent reduction in blood testing, in 2008 just 20 EPO tests took place, and by 2012 there were only 63 out-of-competition blood tests.

http://bit.ly/1uaQDsQ

Serena Williams is the biggest disgrace in world sport right now. Makes me absolutely sick. Where are USADA? It took them to bring down Armstrong, hopefully one day they decide they're sick of Williams. Constantly serving at 200 kmh (faster than some men), and it's all "technique". Tennis, my favourite sport, is absolutely pathetic right now. It disappoints me. Troicki gets banned for exactly what Williams did, yet she gets a free pass.

Serena Williams is the biggest disgrace in world sport right now. Makes me absolutely sick. Where are USADA? It took them to bring down Armstrong, hopefully one day they decide they're sick of Williams. Constantly serving at 200 kmh (faster than some men), and it's all "technique". Tennis, my favourite sport, is absolutely pathetic right now. It disappoints me. Troicki gets banned for exactly what Williams did, yet she gets a free pass.
As someone who takes interests in Tennis when it's topical. You can also hang it on Brett Phillips (who is the designated tennis authority on SEN11116). He never, ever stops embellishing Williams. He actually puts me off taking more of an interest by doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed on one of the news websites they had an article called "Tennis' dirty little secret" in the most viewed articles tab.

It was about prize money inequality between top players and the rest.....

The % of genuinely clean grand slam winners over the last ~5 years would be interesting....

The % of genuinely clean grand slam winners over the last ~5 years would be interesting....
If you genuinely believe that drugs are rife in tennis (and I am not having a go at you here at all), then you must also question the use of drugs in all high levels of sporting competition across the globe.

If it is rife in tennis, it is rife in most sports with big $$ involved.

If you genuinely believe that drugs are rife in tennis (and I am not having a go at you here at all), then you must also question the use of drugs in all high levels of sporting competition across the globe.

go to the blog, tennis has a steroid problem

http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com.au/

and yes, most, nigh all pro sport

I'd say tennis is espcially susceptible. It's an individual sport, involving large prize money, and if you have better than average strength and endurance you can muscle your way past more skillful opponents.

Nadal is right up there with her as well.

Ah, The blog that deals in fairy tales. Read that blog a few years back. Considering a lot of his facts were wrong with some of the top male players. I can't talk him seriously. You only need to read the comments in the comments section and you can get a good laugh and see who their favourite tennis player is.[/QUOTE]

when the testers are at her door, she runs to lock herself in her "safe room"

drug test mixup my arse
http://nypost.com/2011/11/02/serena-williams-locks-herself-in-panic-room-in-drug-test-mix-up/

Ah, The blog that deals in fairy tales. Read that blog a few years back. Considering a lot of his facts were wrong with some of the top male players. I can't talk him seriously. You only need to read the comments in the comments section and you can get a good laugh and see who their favourite tennis player is.
well just read the quotes then.

just read agassi's book about the ATP or ITF covering up his meth positive.

i think it was twain who said it is harder to convince someone they have been fooled that to fool them in the first place

Fraudulant Williams again. Oh I'm so sick, watch me cough.

How can anyone not be suspicious? It's utterly ridiculous. Marion Jones must be thinking why she ended up in prison, when Armstrong hasn't and Williams is still out there being a fraud whilst transforming into a man.

211120611.jpg

Back