• Yes

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Only on the fringe

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO this idea that certain sports, such as tennis don't lendthemselves to doping is crazy. Obviously you need to have talent regardless, but if you know you can play for hours on end without tiring, your technique will break down less often and you can basically just grind your opponents down. If Nadal were Aussie he'd be in heaps of s**t.

Re Sam, if she's up to anything it'd probably take place OS so she'd be in the clear ATM.

If Nadal was Australian, and was found to have failed a dope test, nothing would be ever said.

Nothing is said about Sam Stosur, because (a) she often loses early in tournaments, (b) she is Australian, and (c) the sports media don't care about Australian women's tennis.

I'm telling you, if someone who is representing Australia on the world stage was found guilty of drugs, the media would cover it up.

Why? Because Australia are the world leaders at self-righteously banging their chest about how "we are clean, and everyone else cheats".

The so-called "blackest day in sport" has only focused on AFL and NRL, two sports that aren't prominent on the world stage. They don't represent "Australia".

Cricketers won't get positive tests, since there is an Ashes later in the year. Olympians won't get tested, because the Olympics are two years away. If anyone is found "guilty", it will never be reported, since they don't want to (a) attract attention that may weaken a team who represents Australia, and (b) we would be shown as a laughing stock and hypocrite, since we condemn everyone else all the time.

You mean to tell me that, in over 30 Olympics, where Australia have participated in every one, that not one athlete has ever tested positive to anything. The law of averages says that there must have been guilty people representing us at the Olympics, but it was covered up.

Sam Riley was suspected years ago of eating a tablet from the bottom of her coach's bag. Despite the athlete "being responsible for what they put in their body", the media instead focused their attention on her coach, Scott Volkers, and he was drummed out of Olympic coaching, for "instructing Sam Riley of taking an illegal substance". Riley however got no condemnation for her actions, but then, she was a gold medal swimmer, and the Olympics weren't far off.

Look at how the Australian sports media were quick to condemn Lance Armstrong and others of drugs, when they had never been found positive, yet never suspect their own Cadel Evans, who must have been the only "non-drug cheat" to have won the Tour De France during the Armstrong era. But if Lance Armstrong had been Australian, rather than a noisy Yank, then the media would have defended him and said that the "drug charges" were a witchhunt.

It probably exists in tennis as in anywhere. I do wonder how tennis is in the Olympics, since I thought you had to be signed onto the WADA code to be able to participate in the Olympics.

Last edited:
If Nadal was Australian, and was found to have failed a dope test, nothing would be ever said.

Nothing is said about Sam Stosur, because (a) she often loses early in tournaments, (b) she is Australian, and (c) the sports media don't care about Australian women's tennis.

I'm telling you, if someone who is representing Australia on the world stage was found guilty of drugs, the media would cover it up.

Why? Because Australia are the world leaders at self-righteously banging their chest about how "we are clean, and everyone else cheats".

The so-called "blackest day in sport" has only focused on AFL and NRL, two sports that aren't prominent on the world stage. They don't represent "Australia".

Cricketers won't get positive tests, since there is an Ashes later in the year. Olympians won't get tested, because the Olympics are two years away. If anyone is found "guilty", it will never be reported, since they don't want to (a) attract attention that may weaken a team who represents Australia, and (b) we would be shown as a laughing stock and hypocrite, since we condemn everyone else all the time.

You mean to tell me that, in over 30 Olympics, where Australia have participated in every one, that not one athlete has ever tested positive to anything. The law of averages says that there must have been guilty people representing us at the Olympics, but it was covered up.

Sam Riley was suspected years ago of eating a tablet from the bottom of her coach's bag. Despite the athlete "being responsible for what they put in their body", the media instead focused their attention on her coach, Scott Volkers, and he was drummed out of Olympic coaching, for "instructing Sam Riley of taking an illegal substance". Riley however got no condemnation for her actions, but then, she was a gold medal swimmer, and the Olympics weren't far off.

Look at how the Australian sports media were quick to condemn Lance Armstrong and others of drugs, when they had never been found positive, yet never suspect their own Cadel Evans, who must have been the only "non-drug cheat" to have won the Tour De France during the Armstrong era. But if Lance Armstrong had been Australian, rather than a noisy Yank, then the media would have defended him and said that the "drug charges" were a witchhunt.

It probably exists in tennis as in anywhere. I do wonder how tennis is in the Olympics, since I thought you had to be signed onto the WADA code to be able to participate in the Olympics.

Very good post, except Armstrong did test positive but the tests were covered up by a corrupt UCI. I completely agree otherwise. We are actually disgraceful because we pretend that we are not corrupt, nor do our athletes dope.
People need to start realising that all these sporting organisations are corrupt. The media have no issues in targetting FIFA because we are not really a soccer country, and it confines the corruption to Europe. Though they should target Frank Lowy for being a moron and giving them 45 mil. They won't target the ITF due to Australian Open, and because we are a tennis country (even if we've sucked for 30 years). The IOC has rated mentions in the past, but without much fuss.

You are not the first to say it and I am not having a go at you, but why is it so obvious?
She avoided a drug test in 2011 when the testers came to her house. ITF later released stats showing no tests for that period were done on her. Troicki got banned for a refusal, but his name is not Serena Williams and they were obviously looking for a high profile scapegoat, but not one who brings in money to the sport.

This is your friend Pepsi, it also details other bizarre things that have gone on with her. http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/serena-williams.html?m=1

Very good post, except Armstrong did test positive but the tests were covered up by a corrupt UCI. I completely agree otherwise. We are actually disgraceful because we pretend that we are not corrupt, nor do our athletes dope.
People need to start realising that all these sporting organisations are corrupt. The media have no issues in targetting FIFA because we are not really a soccer country, and it confines the corruption to Europe. Though they should target Frank Lowy for being a moron and giving them 45 mil. They won't target the ITF due to Australian Open, and because we are a tennis country (even if we've sucked for 30 years). The IOC has rated mentions in the past, but without much fuss.

I bet also, if Australia had won the FIFA World Cup, we wouldn't be crying about corruption in FIFA.

There were rumors for years that FIFA was corrupt. We bidded anyway, and wasted money on a bid, when we suspected how the game was played. Yet, it is only after losing the bid, we cry "Corruption!"

I can foresee in the future one day where all hell will break loose. It will be dubbed tennis' darkest day - a big name former player will be disgraced and have all his grand slams and olympic medals taken away. Probably Nadal.

I can foresee in the future one day where all hell will break loose. It will be dubbed tennis' darkest day - a big name former player will be disgraced and have all his grand slams and olympic medals taken away. Probably Nadal.

And all other the top players current and former will 'have no idea that this was happening and never saw or suspected anything'. Heard it all before, will hear it all again.

Does that mean Federer will get all those GS titles he missed out on because of him?

Does that mean Federer will get all those GS titles he missed out on because of him?

Dunno. Would also mean Soderling, Ferrer, Puerta and Berdych would become grand slam winners.

What happened to all the runners up to Lance Armstrong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soderling also probably got done for doping as he's done a disappearing act.

And Feder is not beyong reproach people, just less obvious than others if he does actually dope.

Blind Freddie should be able to see it with Williams and Nadal.

Some not even has been junior spreading crap he wouldnt know anything about on reddit doesnt mean anything

I love the use of the word "apparently" in statements like this also

I think of it in terms of red flags and probabilities.
- Big biceps - check
- Phantom injuries - check
- Hair loss - check
- Skipping the Olympics and other tournaments check
- Spain’s rich doping history - check
- Unprecedented stamina - check
- Magical recovery from 'major' injuries to his knee - check
- Magical recovery from massive 5 set matches in stifling heat, to play a 5 setter the next day and win - check
- Speculation from other players - check
- A history of being vocal AGAINST out of competition testing, and increased testing - check

Lets be real now, pull back the covers of fanboy naivety, there are too many 'coincidences'. A simple balance of probability says Nadal is a doping cheat.

Let's talk about Cilic also. Gets banned for doping, then comes back and win a slam 5 minutes later and then of course misses the Australian Open. How do people actually watch and not question something so obvious? It's a sheep's world-

Let's talk about Cilic also. Gets banned for doping, then comes back and win a slam 5 minutes later and then of course misses the Australian Open. How do people actually watch and not question something so obvious? It's a sheep's world-
He didn't have to beat Djokovic, Murray or Nadal to win the title. Federer was the only top 6 seed he faced. I do understand the suspicion, but I'm not sure he won the title because of doping. He had made a GS Semi Final prior to the US Open.

Did you know - it was Nadal that actually dreampt up Gasquet's absurd defense that he tested positive for cocaine after being kissed at a nightclub. Gasquet just ran with it.

He didn't have to beat Djokovic, Murray or Nadal to win the title. Federer was the only top 6 seed he faced. I do understand the suspicion, but I'm not sure he won the title because of doping. He had made a GS Semi Final prior to the US Open.
Well we can always talk about how he was allowed to pull out of wimby with a bung knee when it was actually doping related. You can't win without doping.

Look at all these stars on this list;
http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/wimbledon-thread.html?m=1

Last edited:
Back