Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts: Rd 22 - Sydney v Western Bulldogs @ ES 24th Aug 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one would expect from that, Mitchell returns. Question is, they all are not playing so who else comes in? With Minson out Nankervis would be unlikely and perhaps Shaw or Laidler is the other to miss. Smith has been named in the side.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-08-21/kennedy-bird-to-miss

Other than big Nanka only Biggs can play mids so I would be very surprised to see him dropped. Shaw might come in for Towers but I doubt that Horse will stuff around with the team too much. He is looking at a back up for Sammy I would think unless he doesn't get up, Hence Nankas. If Shaw did come in he would have to play forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if Membrey played and replaced Goodes forward with Goodes moving into the midfield rotations with JPK/Bird out , he did spend a fair bit of time on ball in the 2nd half last week.
Smith - Laidler
Mitchell - JPK
Membrey - Bird
Shaw - Towers
Biggs or Shaw sub
If Reid doesn't come up maybe Nankervis comes in if Tippetts not up to 2nd rucking g yet

Last edited:
Other than big Nanka only Biggs can play mids so I would be very surprised to see him dropped. Shaw might come in for Towers but I doubt that Horse will stuff around with the team too much. He is looking at a back up for Sammy I would think unless he doesn't get up, Hence Nankas. If Shaw did come in he would have to play forward.
I think Laidler, Towers and Nanka will EMG.

OUT Kennedy, Laidler, Bird, Towers
IN Mitchell, Membrey, Shaw, Smith.

I don't think Shaw will play & I don't think they will risk Reid after his knock.

Biggs will play for Shaw & Towers will be sub with Pyke doing the ruck work on his own with a bit of a chop out from Tippett.
Then again, Horse may try & get a game into Nankervis just in case the unthinkable happens & we go into finals without a fit ruckman.:eek:

Cordy is more than likely to play this week for us, so him and Campbell will be a two-ruck duo. Minson's been carrying injury and soreness for the entire year and generally has had to ruck one-out, whilst Cordy and Campbell have dominated the ruck in the reserves, so you might have to pick Nankervis as well.

Also glad I get a look at Shane Biggs - really like the look of him. All the best Sunday.

I wouldn't be surprised if Membrey played and replaced Goodes forward with Goodes moving into the midfield rotations with JPK/Bird out , he did spend a fair bit of time on ball in the 2nd half last week.
Smith - Laidler
Mitchell - JPK
Membrey - Bird
Shaw - Towers
Biggs or Shaw sub
If Reid doesn't come up maybe Nankervis comes in if Tippetts not up to 2nd rucking g yet

Thats great punts

But have you called danger game or not?

If we get clean ball into our forward line Buddy could kick 15. Doggies have been toweled up by Key forwards all year.

I would be honestly surprised if this was anything less than a 10 goal win to the Bulldogs..................................................

You guys match up well against us it will be close

Thats great punts

But have you called danger game or not?
We wanna play the Cats week one of finals so we will drop this one and beat the Tigers so they finish 9th. Kidding they are very young the Bullies , cant see there Backline stopping our forwards etc
Danger it always is ;)

We wanna play the Cats week one of finals so we will drop this one and beat the Tigers so they finish 9th. Kidding they are very young the Bullies , cant see there Backline stopping our forwards etc
Danger it always is ;)

And normal programming has resumed.

I'd like to think so in 17 positions on the ground, but with Buddy coming off 9.4 or whatever it was... Last time I thought we would get flogged & we matched you all game (final result was misleading really), this time I don't know lol. We have a young, tired team & you guys will be missing a few. This close to finals though I can't really see you guys taking the foot off the accelerator. Hopefully no more injuries out of this game!

We're missing some of our better players to injury like Wallis (who played a blinder last time against you) and Easton Wood. Those two have arguably been in our best 10 or so players this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think Hannersnis going to have a blinder? Thinking about him as a smokey for most possessions? 2 games working back into it surely he has to hit his straps?

So grimlock posted the reserves list for this weekend:
B: Z.Jones, X.Richards, H.Marsh
HB: M.Dick, T.Walsh, J.Lockyer
C: B.Jack, R.O'Keefe, I.Heeney
HF: J.Hiscox, T.Membrey, C.Mills
F: A,Davis T.Nankervis, P.Mitchell
Foll: S.Naismith, D.Robinson, T.Mitchell

Inter: R.Hebron, N.Hey, J.Parker, J.Bottin-Noonan, M.Dickson

Not named in the reserves: Biggs, Laidler, Towers, Shaw.

So we're playing 9 defenders this week? If Zac Jones had got a run instead of Towers, we could have gone for 10!

I expect Rohan will be playing forward if those guys are coming in.

I reckon there might be 2 travelling emergencies this weekend given Longmire flagged Reid as questionable earlier this week and said they'd see how he was feeling closer to the game. Seems like he might be given until Sunday to prove his fitness.
Biggs may play more of a midfield roll if plays this week. Has been getting time in midfield of the wing recently in neafl and also against saints.

They wont play a Team full of HBF unless they throw Rohan/Shaw forward which being 2 weeks out from Finals ( Rohans form of late in the backline ) , I cant see as they will wont to get as settled as possible.
Shaws needs every bit of the next 2 weeks to get his run and carry going after injury and Rohans confidence/form needs to keep building from the backline.
Laidler ( stiff ) will miss for one of Shaw/Smith imo and Mitchell will cover JPK and maybe Goodes could spend more time in the middle to cover Bird and Membrey Plays Goodes role.

So quoting grimlock updated reserves list:
Amended team
B: Z.Jones, X.Richards, M.Dickson
HB: M.Dick, T.Walsh, H.Marsh
C: J.Lockyer, R.O'Keefe, I.Heeney
HF: J.Hiscox, A.Davis, C.Mills
F: J.Bottin-Noonan, P.Mitchell, O.Wetzlar
Foll: S.Naismith, D.Robinson, G.Hewett

Inter: R.Hebron, N.Hey, N.Vaisey, M.Wright

Apparently, we're taking everyone. All of the named players for the Dogs game are not listed in our reserves. Late changes?

Guys, what are the chances of Mitchell being sub in his return game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back