Eastern FL - Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It's still a long way to go. The Scoresby Board, Members, Supporters and Players were fantastic. They were Very appreciative and thanked all the people (Volunteers) that worked hard today. A simple thank you goes a long way.

Thank god for Henshaw! He was the only one on either side who kicked straight.
Must be very relieved today cliff. well done
Is henshaw there for the rest of the season or for a one off? Seems as though he was the difference. worked out beautifully to get him back for yesterdays game.

One time only Richie, the local version of Fev. Henshaw was good replacement for Gutterson who was overseas with work this week. Country footy leagues are playing their interleague finals this weekend, so no games up there for club sides. Now all we need to do is find Marcus Carroll for a couple of games.

Vermont is comparable, the others have been expensive areas for 20 years. Vermont and EB were working class areas when most people bought there, and now the houses are up near the millions meaning the kids have to move further out, depriving the place of volunteers.

How many of those clubs actually have volunteers between the ages of 35 and 50? That's where inner city clubs are struggling, particularly in EB/Vermont where 10%+ of the areas are now foreign owned.

Not sure of logic mate.

Henshaw, Holland, Jackson, Gray and Barry Wenker.
Were you in the rooms to listen to Barry before or after the game Cliff. From what I hear had the attention of everyone and could have heard a pin drop. His contribution on the day should not be underestimated which you obviously haven't Cliff

Barry's contribution to the club has been enormous for more than 50+ years. 45 of those years have been as a volunteer. His speech to the players was about the significance of what the game meant to East Burwood supporters. He put the acid on the players about the part they would play in the history of the club.
Barry is a bloody marvel.

Last edited:
Barry's the first person that many see upon arriving at Ram Stadium. All going to plan the club will have Colts again next year as the Colts B & F is the Barry Wenker Award. Cliff is on the money he is a bloody marvel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done again Cliffy, boys starting to gel?

Our boys are playing some really good footy, and should start getting some back in the next month. 2s had an incredible win, & at this point things are extremely positive. Long way to go....................

Why is no one talking about Mulgrave? Very disappointing so far, and but for Scoresby, possible relegation fodder.

Why is no one talking about Mulgrave? Very disappointing so far, and but for Scoresby, possible relegation fodder.
Scoresby were shattered after going down last week and with the Rams winning yesterday it makes it harder for them to stay in 2nd Division. In saying that it's still a long way to go. Mulgrave were quiet as far as recruiting goes in the off season in my view compared to most of the other clubs. They play Scoresby in their next game and like the Rams will gain some confidence if they win. No win is a given and things can change. The fat lady is still sitting down.

Why not get your Baseball mate on here Lowey? Then we'd have someone to talk about Mulgrave............and Carlton!!!

Why not get your Baseball mate on here Lowey? Then we'd have someone to talk about Mulgrave............and Carlton!!!

Is Lowey's mate a female? When ever I walk pass Kings Park, I am always surprised how many females are out there in the mixed games. ;) Just having some fun & do know who you are referring to.

Mulgrave lost a few of their experienced campaigners which I think has hurt a bit. They also have some better guys running around in the VFL, but with all of that said it is a fair fall from grace from the side I watched run around last September.

Hitman has gone underground I think. Probably good efl forum shut down, otherwise he'd probably be banned, anyway. Screw him, fair weather supporter....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back