EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

What a shame looks like those kids comin up better get used to playin ressies wouldn't have too much more money to spend

What a shame looks like those kids comin up better get used to playin ressies wouldn't have too much more money to spend

It's a tough one. I still think the ones capable of playing senior footy will play and play a vital role in moving the club forward. The one thing we lacked though, apart from Harry, was size. At 189 and 192cm we now have that, plus a load of experience to guide those youngsters around.

Lets just hope that they dont go down the trail of past coaches and get all these blow ins and forget about tbe talent thats at hand at the burners

What talent, I reckon the local talent was given a good go this year and very nearly got relegated to Div 2.

I think bugden did alright with what he got left with after that man nearly destroyed them the under 18s he played held there own against some significantly bigger bodies I just hope that they surround these new commers with some talented boys that stuck around when a lot of others didn't

That's massive news. Looks like it change things up a bit.
Some of the good sides going the other way, Tullamarine seem to be exploding with off field dramas and players walking / retiring. Taylors lakes will be interesting not sure which way they will go with Burns leaving after 8 years. A few I heard may retire and Taylor gone back to Westmeadows to finish career at his home club. Westmeadows from what I hear have already recruited a fair few, a couple of young ones from Northern Saints, Cameron Trewin from Tatura and Tamer Abdullah from Abers. Also in talks with plenty of others including some from Tullamarine. Glenroy have been hunting around for months so will not be sitting on their hands after missing finals last year. And then there is Douttas coming down which will have a huge budget. Hillside with Burns in charge you would expect to improve, Oak Park have signed Daniel Harris from Airport West ive heard, and East Keilor will be competitive.

The standard of this division is getting better and better ! Try predicting what will happen in 2015 ?

I'm new to your forum but old on the RDFL one, if any of your coaching staff are interested (If not employed in your league next year) Lancefield is looking for a new senior coach can contact the executive via their website or the RDFL.s. The list is young and very promising, just missed out on finals this year and with some intended inclusions we are looking to play finals next year. Not trying to poach, just spreading the word

I'm new to your forum but old on the RDFL one, if any of your coaching staff are interested (If not employed in your league next year) Lancefield is looking for a new senior coach can contact the executive via their website or the RDFL.s. The list is young and very promising, just missed out on finals this year and with some intended inclusions we are looking to play finals next year. Not trying to poach, just spreading the word
Ash Manning sounds like your man.

THanks itsallaboutme don't know him where has he coached and is he available

Will do some research

That's massive news. Looks like it change things up a bit.
Some of the good sides going the other way, Tullamarine seem to be exploding with off field dramas and players walking / retiring. Taylors lakes will be interesting not sure which way they will go with Burns leaving after 8 years. A few I heard may retire and Taylor gone back to Westmeadows to finish career at his home club. Westmeadows from what I hear have already recruited a fair few, a couple of young ones from Northern Saints, Cameron Trewin from Tatura and Tamer Abdullah from Abers. Also in talks with plenty of others including some from Tullamarine. Glenroy have been hunting around for months so will not be sitting on their hands after missing finals last year. And then there is Douttas coming down which will have a huge budget. Hillside with Burns in charge you would expect to improve, Oak Park have signed Daniel Harris from Airport West ive heard, and East Keilor will be competitive.

The standard of this division is getting better and better ! Try predicting what will happen in 2015 ?

Couldn't agree more on the Craigieburn news wonderful for the competition not so wonderful for the Div 1 defenders trying to contain the Cloke brothers! Bet the lads at Craigieburn would like to start preseason tomorrow. If last season was competitive can't wait for 2015 to roll around. Westy seem to be very active and at this stage look to be early favs. Bring on round 1 of EDFL footy

It has been reported Adam Potter has been appointed as the new Aberfeldie coach. Who coaches Taylors Lakes in 2015 and beyond?

It has been reported Adam Potter has been appointed as the new Aberfeldie coach. Who coaches Taylors Lakes in 2015 and beyond?

I don't want to get into the old Ash Manning slagging match and as Auckmel said, that is 2014 stuff so leave it there but I understand he did apply for the TL's job so he has to be a chance. Did MV legend Ian Denny also apply? Could be down to them 2 but my spies tell me it may not be either of them. The decision on the coach to be made by the end of the weekend.

Onto 2015, do Craigieburn stop with Cloke brothers on the recruiting front? I' say most likely not so expect some more signings. Have heard Westy been very active on the recruiting front. No word down the Linc last night out of EDS on signings. As mentioned previously will lose about 10 from their last game starting lineup so need to replace at least half of that to be competitive next year.

I don't want to get into the old Ash Manning slagging match and as Auckmel said, that is 2014 stuff so leave it there but I understand he did apply for the TL's job so he has to be a chance. Did MV legend Ian Denny also apply? Could be down to them 2 but my spies tell me it may not be either of them. The decision on the coach to be made by the end of the weekend.

Onto 2015, do Craigieburn stop with Cloke brothers on the recruiting front? I' say most likely not so expect some more signings. Have heard Westy been very active on the recruiting front. No word down the Linc last night out of EDS on signings. As mentioned previously will lose about 10 from their last game starting lineup so need to replace at least half of that to be competitive next year.
Check a post from Milkman99 on premier 2014 Sam Tankard short priced favorite for the TL job. I can confirm Ash Manning met with TL at a watering hole within close proximity to TL ground so you would expect him to be in the running.
Craigieburn must have a decent cheque book lads!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word on the street Sam Tankard confirmed as Taylor's Lakes new senior coach.

The word is accurate. Taylor's keeping the EDS connection from Burns to Tankard.

Interesting Premier forum suggesting Pevrill & players to EDS. If true, which players I wonder. No one from there would come cheap!!!!

Westmeadows might have to give up on recruiting Jimmy hollow has he might not playing football at all due to a career change

Hillside apparantly very close to signing a group of players from a premier division club. Unconfirmed yet if they sign will make hillside an extremely strong force. We're stars of premier division.

Hillside apparantly very close to signing a group of players from a premier division club. Unconfirmed yet if they sign will make hillside an extremely strong force. We're stars of premier division.

Are the players you mention from a premier club that wear the Big V? Have heard a couple from there are shopping themselves around together as a deal. Not cheap but, yes they would be a valuable addition to any club.

Are the players you mention from a premier club that wear the Big V? Have heard a couple from there are shopping themselves around together as a deal. Not cheap but, yes they would be a valuable addition to any club.
Yes they may not come cheap but if hillside can get them I imagine they will throw everything at them, will be a very close division if hillside secure the group
Have also heard daniel Harris is in talks with cragieburn, can anyone confirm that? Where has cragieburn's money come from?

I'm told that the money was always available through the sporting club and other sponsors but they've been encouraged to spend on recruits.
Early days yet but they've been linked with quality players from the NFL and the country.

Gee wonder if any local craigieburn players will even get a sniff I suppose on the bright side there reserves side will get a boost

Yes they may not come cheap but if hillside can get them I imagine they will throw everything at them, will be a very close division if hillside secure the group
Have also heard daniel Harris is in talks with cragieburn, can anyone confirm that? Where has cragieburn's money come from?

Harris in Tulla coaching talks lads... lets just see how that one pans out

If your a betting man Footylover put some hard earned on Craigieburn to win the signature of this group of 3-4 not sure the Hillside lads have the coin to compete with the likes of Craigieburn at this stage. If the boys from up the Hume get these guys as well as the Cloke brothers they will be unstoppable in 2015

If your a betting man Footylover put some hard earned on Craigieburn to win the signature of this group of 3-4 not sure the Hillside lads have the coin to compete with the likes of Craigieburn at this stage. If the boys from up the Hume get these guys as well as the Cloke brothers they will be unstoppable in 2015
Obviously they must be paying at least $400 to $500 more than the sharks to play at that sh#thole

Obviously they must be paying at least $400 to $500 more than the sharks to play at that sh#thole

Any word on other Craigieburn recruits? Looking as though there gonna have a huge season!!

Also someone mentioned earlier that Jimmy Hollow won't be playing football at all in 2015 due to a career change?

Daniel Harris confirmed to pacco.
Clubs chasing him in here dodged a Bullet, don't need a bloke shopping himself around like he was doing at your club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back