EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Shannon Grant be in trouble if GV dont make the finals?

I wouldn't think so. Grant has done a good job over the last 2 years creating depth at the club. Which is probably why the reserves look like winning the Flag this year. If we move coaches on cause they miss on finals......Mighty mick would've have moved on years ago

I wouldn't think so. Grant has done a good job over the last 2 years creating depth at the club. Which is probably why the reserves look like winning the Flag this year. If we move coaches on cause they miss on finals......Mighty mick would've have moved on years ago

Mighty Mick seems to have created an aura around himself that has people genuinely believe he is the best coach in local footy, and Keilor must just be happy being a mediocre football club. This is not something i suspect Bruce Kent and the rest of the Greenvale board would accept.

With all respect intended, Greenvale have had strong reserves for quite a number of years.

With all respect intended, Greenvale have had strong reserves for quite a number of years.

Very True BluJet. I think you probably know that keeping motivation for a reserves player is difficult. moving from 18's to Reserves and then into Seniors is a challenge for all coaches. This transition has been well managed by the coaching panel and the club. Consistency and trusting the process is always key to success at any level. Often referred to as "tough love" Hasn't been afraid to drop players on performance which is why it may look inconsistent. PROCESS!

Okay fair enough watch it all.

With regards your question I do not see as much EDFL as I would like but watch what i can and read everything I can. Mainly watch GV and a bit of Ballarat footy. As for EDFL v Goulburn Valley, although the interleague match was close, (With both leagues missing many gun players) the EDFL premier division is stronger at club level.

That said, you can't compare apples with oranges. EDFL has a higher salary cap being introduced in 2017 and a higher points allowance. So providing more money and a greater capacity to bring players into EDFL clubs. Goulburn Valley and Ovens & Murray (who are the strongest country league) have larger and probably better manicured grounds. The games up on the Murray are faster but the players not necessarily as big as in the EDFL. (Weight wise)

A good example is Marby's Brendon Hollow. He killed it up there on the big dry grounds. Aaron Ramsay and Luke Wilson had a crack at Rochy in the GV and were sacked mid-year in 2014. My dream match up would be Abers and Albury (O&M) both at full strength. Cheers
Agree that grounds are significantly better and bigger, football is played differently, more open, free running, better to watch, is more AFL style. Better relationships netween clubs/supporters up there.

Footy down here lot closer, smaller grounds, more pressure, more physical, more 1 on 1s. Played lot differently

Would be good to see abers and keilor play against ky on their ground at full strength. Would be great game to watch.

Has been heaps of guys crossed between leagues over last 5 to10 years.

Cant comment on O&M, again plenty of guys between, best of late probably has been patty rose who has been star everywhere.

Can i ask a silly ? Thanks! I see D.Wallis gets off for abuse towards an umpire in what has been reported as an ugly incident..The EDFL promote a zero tolerance against this type of behavior especially by so called role models. EDS provide a strong legal team to represent their coach to defend the charge of umpire/official abuse. C.Cloke gets a week for swearing on a football field. I reiterate the EDFL preach zero tolerance against umpire/official abuse. Is it time the clubs who provide the income to keep afloat the EDFL call this Kangaroo court to task? Do the people in charge of adjudicating at the tribunal actually have the mental capacity to adjudicate? I am thinking not... A change is better than a holiday. Who is running this show?

Can i ask a silly ? Thanks! I see D.Wallis gets off for abuse towards an umpire in what has been reported as an ugly incident..The EDFL promote a zero tolerance against this type of behavior especially by so called role models. EDS provide a strong legal team to represent their coach to defend the charge of umpire/official abuse. C.Cloke gets a week for swearing on a football field. I reiterate the EDFL preach zero tolerance against umpire/official abuse. Is it time the clubs who provide the income to keep afloat the EDFL call this Kangaroo court to task? Do the people in charge of adjudicating at the tribunal actually have the mental capacity to adjudicate? I am thinking not... A change is better than a holiday. Who is running this show?
Dean walis got booked for been in the square at 3qr time not abuse!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean walis got booked for been in the square at 3qr time not abuse!!!!
Really Hotdog? I must have misread the tribunal report on the EDFL website it states "abusive manner" he must have been standing in the wrong place looking in the wrong direction and not saying a whole lot!!

I agree Silvers summation on EDFL v GVFL.. I have been involved with Geelong Footy League and EDFL and although Geelong wins the interleague every year i have no doubt that EDFL is a stronger competition.

Disagree, Gfl is clearly the strongest local comp in Victoria. The bottom 3 sides are ordinary but everyone else is very competitive. Has nothing to do with on filed, but grounds, facilities, crowds are all much better in Gfl compared to Edfl

Pretty quiet on here tonight considering there were a couple of big results
Can we bring back turbo to give us a match report on PV v EDS , did the karma bus just hit EDS? & will the EDFL run their kangaroo court @ Keilor this week on tanking against Marby?

Last edited:
Can we bring back turbo to give us a match report on PV v EDS , did the karma bus just hit EDS? & will the EDFL run their kangaroo court @ Keilor this week on tanking against Marby?[/QUOTe

Keilor lost 4 players from last weeks game without a player reported by an umpire for striking, keilor tanking???

Kangaroo court at its best?

Can we bring back turbo to give us a match report on PV v EDS , did the karma bus just hit EDS? & will the EDFL run their kangaroo court @ Keilor this week on tanking against Marby?

I hadn't realised there were two Keilor village idiots.
Perhaps Ogden can lend the coward his jewellery as he may be playing mummy for 3 months.

Tanking... I'm pretty sure Marby beat them fair and square!

Ask every Keilor player and Mick if they didn't try and were upset with today's result.

Grant won't be at greenvale next year . If he is about 20 players won't be.

Don't understand what your referring to as the 'karma bus' Surely you wouldn't be referring to the incident against Keilor because EDS haven't done anything and if it's about the footy they have played this year well they have only been poor in patches. Good season id have thought.

PV v EDS
Pascoe vale really impressive yesterday foster (11) was absolutely fantastic all afternoon would have taken 12+ marks most intercept as EDS bombed away all afternoon. Pacco with a lot more strong bodies around the contests Harris warren Ross x2 jacko they really took the game away from Douttas in the first 40 minutes. Skill errors and turnovers really hurt EDS and lack of a functioning forward line. The last 3 weeks they haven't kicked a goal in the first quarter.

The Douttas boys did threaten to come back got the game back to 3 goals until harro floated one through with no EDS ruckman on the goal line. Fuming about that. The young smaller bodies really got found out what finals atmosphere was like yesterday and unfortunately didn't pass the task. With a few senior heads not playing that great either. Take nothing away from pacco they came with a plan and executed it.

Can still make the 4 but need a miracle. If they don't can't say the season has been a failure. With some very good recruits the young players with some quality A grade experience and a few really special wins its good to be back in premier.

Went and had a look at Keilor/Marby yesterday

Really impressed by Marby and a bit disappointed in the Keilor effort. Good start by Marby and they seemed like they wanted it that bit more. Midfield was an even battle and Cartelli was clearly Keilors best player. Kept them in it in the 1st half. McGuane and Bathie had minimal influence forward. Gourdis was dangerous. Galea was well beaten but still ended up with 3.

Marbys midfield was rock solid and while Browne really dominated the ruck contests Marby did a good enough job of nullifying them from winning too many clearances.

Keilor didn't have a lot to play for and with 4 out suspended and Joyce out they will certainly field a stronger side in coming weeks. After all the drama of last weekend I was surprised to see senior Keilor players still wanting to engage in some argy bargy! The sight of Galea trying to charge Marby players as they were walking into the rooms was surprising!

All in all Marby were just harder at the footy and deserved their win. Looks like they may just miss finals and in recent form I'd say most of the other finalists would be glad to not have to face them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back