EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

After his disparaging half season review the "joke" is firmly on Jamo especially after the weekends results .... HaHa

Last edited:

Pretty quiet on here tonight considering there were a couple of big results
Can we bring back turbo to give us a match report on PV v EDS , did the karma bus just hit EDS? & will the EDFL run their kangaroo court @ Keilor this week on tanking against Marby?

Thanks Milkman, yeah back from suspension..

I did attend the game. Was a big crowd down at Nipper oval with an excellent turnout from the Pacco supporters for an away game as well as the Douttas crowd.
Both sides had some good players missing and the recruits Matt Eagles played due to Nth Ballarat VFL having a bye. Was an intriguing contest between Eagles & Reid with both players doing quite well. The difference was Pacco got off to a good start and held Douttas goal less till about the 10min mark of the 2nd quarter, but it was really all over early. The margin probably flattered Douttas due to Paccos inaccuracy and the fact Douttas kicked the last 4-5 goals when Pacco put the cue in the rack or did the timekeepers go missing as that last qrt went for around 45mins.
Boyd beat Hughes again, with Hughes kicking a few in the last minutes. Jackson & Ross were pretty dominate all day and Harris played well. Thought #3 for Douttas was pretty good and #40 played ok at CHB. Seemed to do a job for his team however I wasn't impressed with his constant niggling, pushing, provoking the opposition player especially when the ball wasn't around, is only going to see someone retaliate and go bang "enough is enough". There has been some recent conversation around unsavoury incidents which is totally unacceptable, but this behaviour is pushing boundaries.
Also seen a couple of incidents which would have bought a 4-6 week suspension to some players if the umpires and league are going to be consistent, but overall it was a good contest but Pacco's class & quality got them home.

Btw- to the person near the car (behind the home side's coaches bench) needs to pull his head in, as swearing at an opposition player at the top of your voice is pretty ordinary. Just because you go to the footy doesn't give you the right to behave like this. You were an embrassment to your club and probably why you stand over there away from the general crowd. Not one scuffle during the game and to hear this with about 5-10mins remaining was a disgrace and not what local football is about.

With regards to the food - BBQ set up near the canteen is a good idea. The hot chips were very nice and freshly cooked while I waited. But I thought I would try a schnitzel roll at 3/4 time. Not good. Not much schnitzel in the roll and the person used her hands (no gloves or thongs) to spread open the roll and put the schnitzel and lettuce in it. YUK, I wasn't happy as not very hygienic at all. Cmon guys lift your game in the canteen. Schnitzel roll rating 1/10. Nowhere close to the mega schnitzel roll at Pacco (which filled me up for the arvo) or the ones at Airport West & Keilor. Do yourself a favour Strathmore supporters and try the Pacco schnitzel roll. Yes they might cost a bit more but gee they are damm good.

McIntosh was a guest speaker at EDFL junior presentation night. Did he do this as a favour to the league or did he get paid for it??
However he did speak very well and had a great story about his footy. His going around again next season and said his enjoying his footy. I could tell in his voice that Strathmore FC were expecting big things this year and really disapointed in missing finals.

Adam the media guy - as I know you read big footy I want to say something. You were ok on the night as MC but "please" improve your research of our league. Pacco are sitting 3rd and will be playing in finals in 2 weeks no matter the result this Saturday. To say to McIntosh and the crowd, that Strathmore can shape the 4 by beating Pacco this week is totally wrong. But I give you credit for having a crack at pronouncing that kids surname with about 30 letters. Lol Rating 7/10..

*$55 a head and only 2 "free" jugs of soft drink per table of 10 is a bit expensive. Hope each club get a free photo of the winners for that price. Haha

Welcome back Turbs!

Paco wont miss finals now. Will they rest a few players knowing that their opponent in week one of finals has to throw everything at winning this week? Looks likely their opponent will be Greenvale on who current form Paco should account for. Wouldn't be surprised to see Paco get to a GF as there are a few cracks starting to appear at Keilor. What a GF that would be Turbo taking on Puff and Mango! One for the ages!

Welcome back Turbs!

Paco wont miss finals now. Will they rest a few players knowing that their opponent in week one of finals has to throw everything at winning this week? Looks likely their opponent will be Greenvale on who current form Paco should account for. Wouldn't be surprised to see Paco get to a GF as there are a few cracks starting to appear at Keilor. What a GF that would be Turbo taking on Puff and Mango! One for the ages!

Thanks mate,

Pacco to rest a few, but will also get a couple back this week. I agree having a rest will be good for some players but I'm sure they will want to beat their old enemy in Strathmore, who will also want to finish off the year with a win.
I do think this year Pacco will be better prepared for finals and the team is up & about and will be more suited to the big grounds. The aim is to improve on last year so let's hope they get a win in the semi, but you can never discount Greenvale in finals if they win this week. They are always dangerous!!

As I've previously stated its great for our league to have different clubs competing in finals and I'm sure neutral supporters will be supporting the underdogs in Pacco. Can they roll the hot favorites in Abers & Keilor?? I also agree Keilor are looking a bit shaky but Abers are rolling along nicely again.
Abers v Pacco GF would draw one of the biggest crowds ever, and it would be a highly entertaining contest, unlike Keilor who play a more defensive style of footy and will try and keep scores low.

Oh well I've gone early again. Haha

Oh and if Pacco do take home the silverware I might offer to MC the night and allow my picture to be taken with Adam the media man, so they can hang it on the EDFL walls or use for the record cover shot next season.
I've been approached to give up big footy next season and do a weekly Turbo's mail for the EDFL record. Lol

Thanks mate,

Pacco to rest a few, but will also get a couple back this week. I agree having a rest will be good for some players but I'm sure they will want to beat their old enemy in Strathmore, who will also want to finish off the year with a win.
I do think this year Pacco will be better prepared for finals and the team is up & about and will be more suited to the big grounds. The aim is to improve on last year so let's hope they get a win in the semi, but you can never discount Greenvale in finals if they win this week. They are always dangerous!!

As I've previously stated its great for our league to have different clubs competing in finals and I'm sure neutral supporters will be supporting the underdogs in Pacco. Can they roll the hot favorites in Abers & Keilor?? I also agree Keilor are looking a bit shaky but Abers are rolling along nicely again.
Abers v Pacco GF would draw one of the biggest crowds ever, and it would be a highly entertaining contest, unlike Keilor who play a more defensive style of footy and will try and keep scores low.

Oh and if Pacco do take home the silverware I might offer to MC the night and allow my picture to be taken with Adam the media man, so they can hang it on the EDFL walls or use for the record cover shot next season.
I've been approached to give up big footy next season and do a weekly Turbo's mail for the EDFL record. Lol

C'mon Turbs - Keilor are the highest scoring team in the league - and by a fair margin!

Thanks mate,

Turbs, What are your thoughts on Greenvale heading into last round and Finals? I do also think Keilor looks shaky over the last month, especially after Greenvale beat them on their home ground

C'mon Turbs - Keilor are the highest scoring team in the league - and by a fair margin!

Yeah highest scoring but isn't that because they beat up on APW both times with 30+ goals??
I'm being honest mate that usually play 7 backman and like to catch you on the quick rebound and don't really want a shootout against sides like Abers & Pacco. That's there style mate! Yes it's been successful at times but gee whiz play 6 v 6 when you have invested heavily in 4 gun forwards.

Question: Are Keilor to top heavy up forward if they play Galea, McGuane, Bathie & Gourdis?? Not sure they have a good small crumbling forward or different options.

Pacco have Polizzi and Abers have a few and Reimers can play big or small..

What's your views buddy??

Thanks mate,

Turbs, What are your thoughts on Greenvale heading into last round and Finals? I do also think Keilor looks shaky over the last month, especially after Greenvale beat them on their home ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey mate, you can never discount Greenvale, especially in finals, but they do seem to have a few injuries and covering with younger players which will ultimately hold them in good stead for future years. Just not sure if they can cover these losses in finals against the best teams. That goes for all sides competing in finals.

But with Deluca in the ruck, Brewer's class & polish through the middle with Caruso and bookends in Campisano and Shiners they are still good enough. Is M.Smith injured as hadn't played the last 2 rounds. I really think his a gun of the competetion and if his out its a huge loss.

Cheers

Yeah highest scoring but isn't that because they beat up on APW both times with 30+ goals??
I'm being honest mate that usually play 7 backman and like to catch you on the quick rebound and don't really want a shootout against sides like Abers & Pacco. That's there style mate! Yes it's been successful at times but gee whiz play 6 v 6 when you have invested heavily in 4 gun forwards.

Question: Are Keilor to top heavy up forward if they play Galea, McGuane, Bathie & Gourdis?? Not sure they have a good small crumbling forward or different options.

Pacco have Polizzi and Abers have a few and Reimers can play big or small..

What's your views buddy??

Yeah it's an interesting one. I suppose they do rely heavily on their talls inside 50, in saying that they do have Cartelli, Joyce, Hards and Kennedy that can play that small forwards role for them. Gourdis is also quite quick for a bigger player so that evens it out a little bit.

You look at what Abers are doing and they have gone with the 3 bigger blokes in Johns/McNamara/Kefford plus Reimers. The challenge with Reimers is he is so good on the air and at ground level. Will be interesting to see what Abers do come finals time and if Grigg keeps his spot. It would make Abers forward line bigger than the Keilor forward line

Yeah it's an interesting one. I suppose they do rely heavily on their talls inside 50, in saying that they do have Cartelli, Joyce, Hards and Kennedy that can play that small forwards role for them. Gourdis is also quite quick for a bigger player so that evens it out a little bit.

You look at what Abers are doing and they have gone with the 3 bigger blokes in Johns/McNamara/Kefford plus Reimers. The challenge with Reimers is he is so good on the air and at ground level. Will be interesting to see what Abers do come finals time and if Grigg keeps his spot. It would make Abers forward line bigger than the Keilor forward line

It's an interesting one I agree, as Pacco also go with 3 talls in Tydell, Wells, Warren and sometimes a resting ruckman. But Warren does a lot of work up the ground as well. If Warren fires in the finals it will go a long way to how far they go. His been very good over recent weeks and a difficult match up a bit like Reimers.

To have any hope of beating Abers you must negate Reimers somehow. On his day his the best player in the comp and a pure match winner. But most of you already know that.

the way marby took apart keilor last week was great,

sucks they have to rely on greenvale loosing to get in (hope they do for the sake of marby) could be some upsets if that happens from marby!

Mario Bandera current coach of Eltham is the man....
Just looking at ladder positions without too much knowledge of the league, but Eltham are currently 8th on the ladder and just copped a 90 point flogging from the team that is 3rd..

Pretty good coach from all reports so would be a good choice. Eltham have a pretty young list so probably why they are a bit inconsistent. I'm guessing he won't be able to knock back the Strathmore offer if true.

Heard a rumour this morning that Avondale's coach has been sacked,can anybody confirm this rumour

Hey mate, you can never discount Greenvale, especially in finals, but they do seem to have a few injuries and covering with younger players which will ultimately hold them in good stead for future years. Just not sure if they can cover these losses in finals against the best teams. That goes for all sides competing in finals.

But with Deluca in the ruck, Brewer's class & polish through the middle with Caruso and bookends in Campisano and Shiners they are still good enough. Is M.Smith injured as hadn't played the last 2 rounds. I really think his a gun of the competetion and if his out its a huge loss.

Cheers
Good Call Turbo, I agree with your assessment. Guns, Deluca and Caruso will feature high in the comp medal count. The word is M.Smith will either play this week or rest another for the final, which I expect them to hold onto a win without risking him. Ive seen a number of younger boys having a run through the seniors this year mostly 2nd year players. A couple of the younger boys playing first year have done well and will make them stronger. A first year player i did notice has played every game so far this year Trifunovic, seems consistant. Another that needs to get better is Townsend had a couple of injuries and will also be good. Reserves boys are pushing hard for selection. If they run for 4 qtrs, they should go deep into the finals. I also here that A number of Clubs have approached the youth at Greenvale to move. the feeder from the 18's is very shallow. That will be a challenge in 2017

Cheers

Deluca is out injured this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back