EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Nat and fort and there father expected to leave? Would be pretty disappointing to see them leave after they were preaching a new era

If Keilor get Nat/Fort aswell as Galea as rumoured earlier they must be looking to have a genuine push for a Premiership next year.

Northern need some fresh faces, a new coach who can bring in new players/sponsors, and get some enjoyment and wins under their belt to build up for sustained A grade success.

Are you saying they're not having a genuine push this year?

It would also blow their points cap based on this year's list.

Nat and fort and there father expected to leave? Would be pretty disappointing to see them leave after they were preaching a new era

If they do decide to leave which is more than likely to happen nobody at the club can be angry or disappointed with them. They have given back more than enough, players like Nat & Fort deserve to be playing premier division.

Think about this Nat & Fort stay, Northern play off with a big chance in coming straight back up in 2017, we are then back to square one as they will need to recruit heavily to compete in premier which the club won't be able to as they don't have the funds therefore Nat & Fort are wasting there time.

Are you saying they're not having a genuine push this year?

It would also blow their points cap based on this year's list.

I think they're having a crack, same as any top 4 club. But being realistic theyve been flogged by Abers the last 2 games theyve played, sit 4th on the ladder at 12 wins-5losses. I'm sure next year they'd want to be a top 2 side!

Didn't you once say they'd head to the NFL or SANFL?

Yes I did say this and I'm not saying they will go to an edfl club, just replying to a post. I also agree with The Milk Man that they have given NS more than enough but I'm not sure they will go to another edfl club in case the NS go back up in the coming years they will need to make a choice.. Anyway good to them both!

I think they're having a crack, same as any top 4 club. But being realistic theyve been flogged by Abers the last 2 games theyve played, sit 4th on the ladder at 12 wins-5losses. I'm sure next year they'd want to be a top 2 side!

Agree, no one will beat Abers this year and with the new points system, they will probably win again in 2016 & 17.

Hey MM, Eames is a very good coach but as your stated he doesn't have the time, as he could get a job anywhere. Interesting if my mail is right and Patty is coach, if Eames would stay on as assistant, as his good mates with Ghazi.
A few of those Altona boys can play and Post is a gun no question. He has family at Altona so not sure if he will move but he is playing there mostly for the love of the club..
I'm sure if Patty is coach the decision won't be announced to after the seasons over out of respect for Ghazi..
Turbo just received a text Eames will apply for job and has confirmed Post, Mc Kenzie,Chui,Mcharg to follow

Agreed. Passionate speech by the president that last game in the rooms at eds. off course the faithful will be damn disappointed. The club waited years for the boys to return, now they are going???...why would they go, they Are the club and their Ol man has been too for years, but not any more than other stalwarts at the club. Don't see them leaving. In any event if they go it's only about money, nothing more. milkman I guess you know, you have been close to the pres this year. If the coach goes will you be posting / defending the saints in the future? Nope!

As far as I'm concerned if they leave that will say something, less bout the club, more bout them.

Agreed. Passionate speech by the president that last game in the rooms at eds. off course the faithful will be damn disappointed. The club waited years for the boys to return, now they are going???...why would they go, they Are the club and their Ol man has been too for years, but not any more than other stalwarts at the club. Don't see them leaving. In any event if they go it's only about money, nothing more. milkman I guess you know, you have been close to the pres this year. If the coach goes will you be posting / defending the saints in the future? Nope!

As far as I'm concerned if they leave that will say something, less bout the club, more bout them.

If they wanted to leave for money they wouldn't have returned to Northern from the outset, I think players like that deserve to be playing Premier Division, they have both done the right thing and returned to there junior club winning a flag in 2013, it's time both went and enjoyed there footy. The coach wants to stay even if the two boys do end up leaving, I guess it's not up to him though, if there is a new committee in place I don't like his chances. You can say what you want but I will definitely be supporting the Saints in the future. Even though results haven't gone there way this season I have really enjoyed watching them play. In the long run they will be better for the experience, very young list with plenty of upside. Whoever is appointed senior coach needs to be patient as it might take a few years for there kids to blossom.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Saints over the last 4 weeks, I think Fort has had enough. Only my observation.

Milk Man, for what it's worth I'm with you. The game against Pacco Caruso was still plodding along against the odds and it looked like he had a leg injury. I might expect that from a player in a team trying to play finals, but there was nothing much riding on the game other than pride and Caruso was still out there trying his best. Without knowing him I think that's a dedicated person giving his all..

Big rumours Scott Harding is close to agreeing to play first half of season for Avondale Heights next year after failing to get drafted in NFL.

An athlete who will be a huge asset for Avondale Heights if he does sign. Was dominant in his few games he played a few years back before he went over to Hawaii University.

Can't believe the s**t stirring I'm reading about Northern, actually it's BF so yes I can.

The Caruso's are not going anywhere, the kids are all one year older and Mick's not leaving in hurry.

This year was about trying to move the trouble makers away and break up the clicks, the constant bad results were not part of that plan btw. But a year or two in B grade might be best to resettle the whole club and allow them to set up for their next stint in A grade to be a more permanent stay.

In my opinion EDFL tv has gone backwards, thoughts?

Agree it's really non existent. Have you seen the NFL web site, it shows all games. I know clubs are doing it hard but it might be worth considering following what the NFL do, but I know it's a cost. However where premier is concerned during the Pacco v Abers game both clubs paid someone to video the game.
What do you think Puff? Surely it makes business sense to save club $.

Agree it's really non existent. Have you seen the NFL web site, it shows all games. I know clubs are doing it hard but it might be worth considering following what the NFL do, but I know it's a cost. However where premier is concerned during the Pacco v Abers game both clubs paid someone to video the game.

Multiple leagues WRFL/NFL have all div 1 games filmed. Should be something to work out between clubs and the league.

Totally agree, and it isn't like the EDFL don't have the funds in the bank for this, NFL are the benchmark and the EDFL are way off. Pretty sure all clubs pay $4000 in the NFL to have games filmed for the season, this is incorporated into the fees.

Totally agree, and it isn't like the EDFL don't have the funds in the bank for this, NFL are the benchmark and the EDFL are way off. Pretty sure all clubs pay $4000 in the NFL to have games filmed for the season, this is incorporated into the fees.
How about live scoring???? Please EDFL are way behind in technology.
Maybe up there if not the best in talent, but jjjzzz could do with a revamp for people who are not at the games!! Live or after!!

Turbo just received a text Eames will apply for job and has confirmed Post, Mc Kenzie,Chui,Mcharg to follow

Cheers mate for the update. Let's see what happens I suppose.
Some big names there and to fit them in to the budget some big names would have to be cut, as they don't have the extra funds. 3 out of these 4 names you mentioned would want big coin, and 1 of these players requires a big insurance to be paid due to a serious injury sustained a few years back in which the player retired for a year or 2. Was coaxed back by GA paying his insurance.

Just because you incorporate something in the fees, it doesn't mean that it is not a cost. Northern and Eastern Leagues charge entry at the gate. EDFL need to look at making this happen and consider assisting clubs through their councils to arrange approval for charging to get into games. (Maybe Premier Division Games only) It's a joke that everyone rocks up and watches games for free. Some even bring their own six pack to further avoid putting a cent into the clubs that put on the show.

Please... Edfl clubs crying poor and not being able to foot the bill for games to be filmed.. Most premier league clubs pay assistant coaches more than what it will cost

Nice to see Hardingham played another twos game last week. Once you get your head around that surely he then didn't play on Sunday for Essendon less than 24 hrs later?? On the same weekend he played for two clubs??

Its one thing to have VFL players play on a bye weekend or when they get dropped but this?? Lets scrap the finals and have clubs roll out entire VFL teams.

I'd ask Turbo but he has left the board I'd heard.

No doubt we will see him play the first final against Keilor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back