EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on Puff, don't let facts get in the way of a good troll. Just sit back, relax and look forward to all these keyboard warriors crying into their tinnies when we win that elusive flag this year.

Also, serious question, who would lend a local footy club over a million dollars? Surely banks aren't that stupid these days?

Come on Puff, don't let facts get in the way of a good troll. Just sit back, relax and look forward to all these keyboard warriors crying into their tinnies when we win that elusive flag this year.

Also, serious question, who would lend a local footy club over a million dollars? Surely banks aren't that stupid these days?
You've hit the nail on the head.
Merry Christmas fellas

Yeah I know this mate - why do I bite back on occasions?

I don't know - you'd think at some point when you state facts to clear things up the penny would drop.

What's that old saying - surround yourself with fools long enough and you become one!!

"DON"T BITE BACK TO BUSY FOOLS"

You've hit the nail on the head.
Merry Christmas fellas
Give me a " C "
Give me a " H "
Give me a " E "
Give me a " E "
Give me a " R "
Give me a " L "
Give me a " E "
Give me a "A"
Give me a " D "
Give me a " E "
Give me a " R "
What does it spell
CHEERLEADER
:D:D:D:D:D:D

If they fail this year... Might as well shut the joint down because they'll never win one
Totally agree with you there 'Grassbag', if Aberfeldie FC are able to maintain a large percentage of their 2014 playing list, as reported, and with the reported additions, the 2015 playing list is shaping up pretty well in an attempt for success of the ultimate kind, in fact Mr.Bean or even Marcel Marceau would be capable of coaching the reported 2015 playing list they have been able to assemble, to success of the ultimate kind.

Surely 2015 is going to be Aberfeldie FC's year, as P__ y stated in a previous quote, even though L__e tried to talk it down prior to this quote by P ___y. Disunity or inflated egos could be the only hurdle for the Aberfeldie FC in 2015, it has been reported that a few of the incoming recruits posses egos to match their weekly payments!

'YOU GET WHAT YOU PLAN FOR'

If they were to taste success of the ultimate kind in 2015, the general consensus seems to be,
'SO WHAT', so they should have, as they have spent in excess of $150,000 more than any of their fellow competitors. Hardly challenging!!

If they didn't taste success of the ultimate kind in 2015, the general consensus seems to be,
'BAD LUCK', it would be back to the drawing board yet again! If the funds are there and the league structure allows it to happen.

'INTERESTING TIMES AHEAD FOR SOME CLUBS'

Last edited:
Totally agree with you there 'Grassbag', if Aberfeldie FC are able to maintain a large percentage of their 2014 playing list, as reported, and with the reported additions, the 2015 playing list is shaping up pretty well in an attempt for success of the ultimate kind, in fact Mr.Bean or even Marcel Marceau would be capable of coaching the reported 2015 playing list they have been able to assemble, to success of the ultimate kind.

Surely 2015 is going to be Aberfeldie FC's year, as P__ y stated in a previous quote, even though L__e tried to talk it down prior to this quote by P ___y. Disunity or inflated egos could be the only hurdle for the Aberfeldie FC in 2015, it has been reported that a few of the incoming recruits posses egos to match their weekly payments!

If they were to taste success of the ultimate kind in 2015, the general consensus seems to be,
'SO WHAT', so they should have, as they have spent in excess of $150,000 more than any of their fellow competitors. Hardly challenging!!

If they didn't taste success of the ultimate kind in 2015, the general consensus seems to be,
'BAD LUCK', it would be back to the drawing board yet again! If the funds are there and the league structure allows it to happen.

Care to explain Shadow Master?

Here's some facts....

"You'll have even less in this year's Grand Final side" (assuming you mean 2015) - not even on our radar, our focus is on post-Christmas training, practice matches and round 1 against our arch rival (Greenvale).

The Abers juniors who've trained the house down pre Christmas - Moylan, Toy, Cattapan, Hickmott, Kefford, Daniher, Mighell, McLean, Mangan, Thompson, Barrett, Moore and Fazzolari - all in the mix for senior selection.

Plus there's 12 of our kids from the last three U18's teams training at VFL level - those who don't make a list are naturally in the mix. This has been glossed over but it's something we're extremely proud of and fully support each of them trying to play footy at the highest level possible.
Plus our very talented graduating U18's from 2014 - who haven't taken up offers from rival clubs despite their aggressive efforts and have committed to our program for 2015..

You say 7 to 8 recruits - we have it down as 5 - McLean, Austin, Blackwell, Vassal & Laurie. Kefford not a recruit - returns (actually played a game this year) and same for Phillips (previously injured).

Connections delivered all these recruits i.e. Blackwell mates with Laurie. Blackwell, Brock and Aussie all mates - Vassal close friends with our skipper Cubby.

Also - rather be in the position we're in and still in Premier division compared to the former arch rival who spent upwards of $250K and got relegated for it.

"SHADOW MASTER IS MOST LIKELY BANGFROM50"
Puff - so you must be close to your arch rivals Treasurer and Footy Ops Mgr to make the statement regarding their spend for 2014? - I don't think so - you are way off !! Yes disappointing end to 2014 but we have moved on. Still only 1 Agrade flag on the wall must give you nightmares :p anyway cant knock Abers for having another crack in 2015!!

Last edited:
Puff - so you must be close to your arch rivals Treasurer and Footy Ops Mgr to make the statement regarding their spend for 2014? - I don't think so - you are way off !! Yes disappointing end to 2014 but we have moved on. Still only 1 Agrade flag on the wall must give you nightmares :p anyway cant knock Abers for having another crack in 2015!!
Agree with Sierra, Abers are under achievers just look at the record books.
Some one stand up and take responsibility!!!

Agree with Sierra, Abers are under achievers just look at the record books.
Some one stand up and take responsibility!!!
They are absolute under achievers 'mickdundee', and have been for over a decade now, yet no one has stood up to take responsibility, they have been in Premier Division for almost twenty years now yet no success of the ultimate kind during this period.

There is many different reasons for this but one of the major reasons is the clubs lack of ability to develop both quality players and CLUB leaders from within their very own environment for an extended period of time now. They have had numerous talented players return home but these players have spent a large portion of their playing days developing elsewhere in other environments with differing cultures, this very point was driven home in the 2014 season when they had to resort to a recently recruited player to be installed as CLUB captain, replacing the previous CLUB captain that had been moved on.

They continue to inject numerous highly paid players in to their environment on a yearly basis minimising realistic opportunity to develop quality players and CLUB leaders from within their own environment.

Premierships are mighty hard to win, on many occasions it is the actions of CLUB leaders, whether it be verbal or physical in the very last game of the season that enables CLUBS to taste success of the ultimate kind, this has been evident for both Strathmore FC and Greenvale FC in recent seasons.

Last edited:
They are absolute under achievers 'mickdundee', and have been for over a decade now, yet no one has stood up to take responsibility, they have been in Premier Division for almost twenty years now yet no success of the ultimate kind during this period.

There is many different reasons for this but one of the major reasons is the clubs lack of ability to develop both quality players and CLUB leaders from within their very own environment for an extended period of time now. They have had numerous talented players return home but these players have spent a large portion of their playing days developing elsewhere in other environments with differing cultures, this very point was driven home in the 2014 season when they had to resort to a recently recruited player to be installed as CLUB captain, replacing the previous CLUB captain that had been moved on.

They continue to inject numerous highly paid players in to their environment on a yearly basis minimising realistic opportunity to develop quality players and CLUB leaders from within their own environment.

Premierships are mighty hard to win, on many occasions it is the actions of CLUB leaders, whether it be verbal or physical in the very last game of the season that enables CLUBS to taste success of the ultimate kind, this has been evident for both Strathmore FC and Greenvale FC in recent seasons.

You have made some very valid points along the way but seriously go and watch the movie "Frozen" and perhaps take the advice and "let it go"....

EDFL in 2015 reminds me of VFL in the 1980's. Only a couple of big spending clubs can win and all the rest are struggling to try and keep up without going bankrupt.

Abers - Carlton 1985/6
Greenvale - Hawthorn
Strathmore - Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe there was more money than heart in the senior team in 2014. But all clubs have their issues. I met quite a few people from Abers in 2014 and found them to be decent people.

Maybe there was more money than heart in the senior team in 2014. But all clubs have their issues. I met quite a few people from Abers in 2014 and found them to be decent people.
It doesn't matter who you play for or against all clubs have decent people

God enough told about abers getting boring thats all I read on hear
thier are other clubs in premier league so whats happening at pacco any update on who they have signdd

God enough told about abers getting boring thats all I read on hear
thier are other clubs in premier league so whats happening at pacco any update on who they have signdd
Hey there 'give it a go'! You might find the reason why there is so many posts on this thread re the Aberfeldie FC is often due to readers responding to the TOOLS from within the inner sanctum of their very own CLUB continually posting news from within their club!

'DON'T BITE BACK TO BUSY TOOLS'

Hey there 'give it a go'! You might find the reason why there is so many posts on this thread re the Aberfeldie FC is often due to readers responding to the TOOLS from within the inner sanctum of their very own CLUB continually posting news from within their club!

'DON'T BITE BACK TO BUSY TOOLS'

Any news on Maribyrnong Park and the Northern Saints?

Not a lot apart from Aberfeldie on recruits.

Thought Nick Lower to Greenvale would be big talk. Nathan Lyons leaving Strathmore?

Any others?

Some young stars on the move from Aberfeldie. Some the Abers trash talk on this forum is actually coming to fruition.

It doesn't involve Aberfeldie so won't cop a mention.
Lyon is playing at Darley with some mates, he'll kill it in the BFL.
The only reason it's all about abers is because they keep grand standing all about there big signings, where the great clubs of any competition keep their mouth shut & just go about their business & let the talking be done on paddock on Saturdays @ 2:15pm

The amount of people talking s**t about Abers far outweighs anything that could be construed as crowing by Puff, Proph and co.
I'm not from the area so perhaps people around Essendon are lot more mouthy but from conversations that i have had, being happy to have picked up some very handy footballers is nothing to be ashamed of.
That said, everyone is entitled to their viewpoint but this current fascination with Abers is growing mindnumbing as there's never anything new brought up..

The only reason it's all about abers is because they keep grand standing all about there big signings, where the great clubs of any competition keep their mouth shut & just go about their business & let the talking be done on paddock on Saturdays @ 2:15pm
To be fair, generally most of the talk on this forum about Abers and their recruits/playing list seems to be initiated by non Abers people. Abers supporters then inevitably respond to what they see as exaggerations/inaccuracies.

Seems like they can't win. If they say nothing the posts about Abers are taken as gospel, whether accurate or not. If they respond they are accused of big noting and being guilty of irrational exuberance.

Seems a trifle unfair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back