EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's not a bagging, I'd hate to see what is!

Ok point taken. Was trying to state why are clubs paying certain players well over their value. And second if a player takes the money he needs to preform, just like a normal day to day job.
However on the flip side I'm willing to pay big coin for a big FF, CHF, Ruckman that has a presence and can mark & kick and a quality tough midfielder. Blokes that can lift team mates and inspire. These types of players bring local supporters back and possibly sponsors.
Let me give you a couple of recent examples that come to mind, Heath Ayres, Jimmy Hollow (ex Marby) Andrew Browne (Keilor) Cabillo (Abers) Bicer (ex Greenvale/Pacco)

Heard yesterday that Nicky Kovac going to Keilor. That's 3 clubs in 3 years.. Surely his not getting paid much.. Only worth 150 a game at best plus throw in incentives maybe. Can only assume Pacco glad to move him on..
I'm not going to bag the guy but he (and many others) get paid well over the odds in my opinion.
Heard that he is on plus 500

Heard that he is on plus 500

You could be right on the money but its way over his value. I would think that Mick would be smarter than that at Keilor. Wonder why kids coming out of u18s Cant get games or they want money when I would rather pay a young home grown kid instead and pay him a few hundred. Anyway just a talking point and 1 player but plenty more doing the same to clubs..

All Hislop's are playing at Abers this year (except Caleb).
Yeah that post that replied to me initially sounded as if they were all going- Caleb may play for Abers if not selected for Williamstown in either side, or if their twos have a bye & he isnt selected in the ones.
Tom is to return to footy mid year after his surgery on his troublesome toe-undergoing a cleanout.

Well bud Tommy kicked 5 majors for Abers in the game against Keilor, you would remember that final last year where Abers smash your mob all over the park, 90 points embarrassing effort, lets see how bad it gets this year bud.
Hislop managed 24 goals from only 6 games in 2014 just for the record..a decent effort from someone that wasn't going to play at all

Keilor will struggle to make finals in 2015...they were lucky to even get there in 2014 with Greenvales misfortune at the beginning of the year proving costly in the end..Abers Strathmore Greenvale(in no order) to occupy the 1st 3 spots on the ladder..4th to be battled out between Avo & Pacco, Keilor will be a slim chance for that spot.

Firstly, Tom at least is quality, the others are solid performers.
There isn't a need however, to turn someone elses opinion into a reason to have a whack at another club.

Well bud Tommy kicked 5 majors for Abers in the game against Keilor, you would remember that final last year where Abers smash your mob all over the park, 90 points embarrassing effort, lets see how bad it gets this year bud.

Tom is a mercenary who only returned for the $$ and demanded $$ to play reserves when he first came back, one of others is soft and plays twos and the other is no good as well

Havent heard too much from Greenvale so far, i would have thought they would be very active after missing the finals last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Havent heard too much from Greenvale so far, i would have thought they would be very active after missing the finals last year.

They have picked up a couple of handy Footscray VFL players and also Tom Hill.
Toms about 6"4 and will play CHF/FF. Should be very good at local level. Good hands and pretty good kick for goal. Only downside is bit one paced and if he doesn't mark it, his not that good at ground level. Only 24 I think, so plenty of upside.
Hopefully he can preform as demanded big $$. Did kick over 100 goals in EFL div 2 in 2013 however lots of injuries in 2014. Prior to that was on Bulldogs list but didn't play a game just played for Willy.
I don't follow Greenvale but these 3 signings alone should see them back into the finals.
Don't forget Maric boys as well.

Cheers and hope this helped you..

They have picked up a couple of handy Footscray VFL players and also Tom Hill.
Toms about 6"4 and will play CHF/FF. Should be very good at local level. Good hands and pretty good kick for goal. Only downside is bit one paced and if he doesn't mark it, his not that good at ground level. Only 24 I think, so plenty of upside.
Hopefully he can preform as demanded big $$. Did kick over 100 goals in EFL div 2 in 2013 however lots of injuries in 2014. Prior to that was on Bulldogs list but didn't play a game just played for Willy.
I don't follow Greenvale but these 3 signings alone should see them back into the finals.
Don't forget Maric boys as well.

Cheers and hope this helped you..

Who else from Footscray VFL aside from Nick Lower?

Tom is a mercenary who only returned for the $$ and demanded $$ to play reserves when he first came back, one of others is soft and plays twos and the other is no good as well

Well sorry buddy ( Mighty Mick) but this boring given yours speech issues, I'm guessing your lack of knowledge on Tom in his period proceeding his AFL career is lost in your little golden books, this is not personal but reflecting on your previous quotes you dislike all other than your team known as the s**t from the ditch, how could any body access the brothers Zac and Jizzy given previous performances, the offers they had from other EDFL teams, get real DH, look closer to your own team with there desire to get out of Keilor

Ladder predictions for this season anyone? Who wins the flag, who gets relegated?

My ladder:
Abers (Premiers)
Strathmore
Greenvale (Runners-up)
Pascoe Vale
Avondale Heights
Keilor
Maribyrnong Park
Airport West
West Coburg
Northern Saints(Relegated)

Ladder predictions for this season anyone? Who wins the flag, who gets relegated?

My ladder:
Abers (Premiers)
Strathmore
Greenvale (Runners-up)
Pascoe Vale
Avondale Heights
Keilor
Maribyrnong Park
Airport West
West Coburg

Pretty good. My only change would be Strathmore 1st and Abers 2nd.
If Pacco can stay injury free maybe can get to 3rd depending on how Grant goes with Greenvale.

Still cannot understand why Avondale outlay big $$ on 2 similar typed full forwards. Yes they are both guns and probably the best 2 full forwards playing local/country and still good enough to play VFL.
Young a big loss as he is surely in the best 10-20 players in EDFL.

My ladder:
Abers (Premiers)
Strathmore
Greenvale (Runners-up)
Pascoe Vale
Avondale Heights
Keilor
Maribyrnong Park
Airport West
West Coburg

My predictions
strathmore
Abers
Greenvale
AVONDALE
Pascoe Vale
Keilor
Airport west
Northern saints
Marby park
West coburg

Anyone in the bottom three I believe could get relegated. I have a slight feeling northern Saints will survive again that club has a lot of spirit and will be hard to beat when the likes of apw marby west coburg
Go to Charles mutton reserve.
I also believe marby park will struggle as they simply were not that good last season. Survived simply on the back of a draw last season!

Strathmore and Greenvale I believe will play in the grand final. There is so much experience and I think they have what it takes because they know how to get it done in big matches unlike AVONDALE and aberfeldie who are again probably going pose the strongest side on paper for the third season running

Northern Saints supporters; the team starts training tomorrow night.

Hey Kaboose
Northern Saints need to take a look at what West Coburg have done in playing games at Coburg. Great move.. Must be difficult to recruit players on that small ground and really it's not up to what's expected in our league especially premier division. The young players of today with any talent (unless local) would not go there.. This is fact!!
Not sure of the answer but your pushing sh## up hill on that ground as it only suits players with bigger bodies.
PS: Nth Coburg Saints ground was also small prior to merger.

Hey Kaboose
Northern Saints need to take a look at what West Coburg have done in playing games at Coburg. Great move.. Must be difficult to recruit players on that small ground and really it's not up to what's expected in our league especially premier division. The young players of today with any talent (unless local) would not go there.. This is fact!!

Worse facilities in prem div than Charles mutton.... Marby's ground is shithouse but they still won 2 a grade flags.... But if the envelope is there every week players won't care about ground size

Well sorry buddy ( Mighty Mick) but this boring given yours speech issues, I'm guessing your lack of knowledge on Tom in his period proceeding his AFL career is lost in your little golden books, this is not personal but reflecting on your previous quotes you dislike all other than your team known as the s**t from the ditch, how could any body access the brothers Zac and Jizzy given previous performances, the offers they had from other EDFL teams, get real DH, look closer to your own team with there desire to get out of Keilor

I literally have no idea what your post was about

Abers for Premiers, Northern or AW for relegation. Would just like to wait and see who else turns up at either club.

Abers on paper have a much better side than the ones they've fielded in the previous seasons in my opinion, thus despite losing young guns Robbie Fox & Anthony Prestia. Fox was their most consistent player by far in 2014. This is their year, surely. Big ask for Stratty to go back to back but they'll be up there. Greenvale will be too-if all luck goes their way with a good start to the year as goes with Pacco. Avo some big losses covered however will need to perform in the big games when it matters. Interesting season ahead for Keilor-the big elimination final loss they suffered will still be in the back of the players minds undoubtedly.

Northern Saints will struggle. The Caruso brothers will shoulder most of the load however with Stocco off to the VFL with Williamstown (next highest goalkicker in competition behind Rose & Galea) is a massive blow as is losing young gun Clothier (Douttas) & speedster Simioni (Coburg).
Airport West, Marby Park & West Coburg will all finish bottom 4- massive gap between the competitions top 6 & bottom 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back