EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it certainly has. But I would have to say Abers list as reported for this season is considerably better than 2013 and 2014. Would take an exceptional team to beat them this year in my opinion.
A good team all committed to the 1 cause will beat a team full of ego's and over paid players lets see if that is the case I am running on the old saying "A champion team will always beat a team of Champions"

As well as keeping 95% of last years list Marby have also recruited....

Jake Reeves ( Big ruckman, Kyabram BnF winner )
Shaun Wyatt ( W'Town Vfl Reserve BnF winner )
Jackson Barling
Steven White
Marcus White
Jimmy Hollow
Brendan Keast is as good as a new recruit, playing only 3 games last year due to injury.
Have also recruited for depth.

They had a terrible run with injuries last season so will be looking at the 4-6 ladder position.

It's also great to see a lot of development in the younger players.

Not sure about being above Pacco but will
Be far from the relegation battle they were in last season.

Weeney,
Just checking these names but who is going to be their key forwards kicking goals,. From memory they relied on the Tassie boys..

Weeney,
Just checking these names but who is going to be their key forwards kicking goals,. From memory they relied on the Tassie boys..

The young Tassie kid went back to the island after Rd 3 last year so others shouldered the fwd line responsibility last season.
I believe they've also picked up Adam ( I think ) Eades from Werribee vfl. Big key forward. Can pluck them.

The young Tassie kid went back to the island after Rd 3 last year so others shouldered the fwd line responsibility last season.
I believe they've also picked up Adam ( I think ) Eades from Werribee vfl. Big key forward. Can pluck them.

I've never heard of this guy but hope he goes well. Must have been a fringe development league player maybe..

Ladder prediction
ABERS ( undefeated but pressure & expectation might get to them on the big day )
GREENVALE ( premiers just going about their business quietly but it will be interesting to see how shagger goes coaching away from the AFL environment)
STRATHMORE ( will find it hard to match last year's intensity after winning it last year, very hard to go back to back )
KEILOR ( going about their business quietly & very well coached )
PASCOE VALE ( David Morgan great bloke but is he a good coach who can control some big ego's down there only time will tell )
AVONDALE HEIGHTS ( rely on to few & can go missing in big games as they did last year & not very well coached )
MARBY ( picked up a couple might scare a couple of the top sides @ home if they're not on their game that day )
APW ( Lost to many quality players )
WEST COBURG ( it's a tough one between them NS it could come down to the last game again but l hope they stay up because they will be going from the worst ground in premier div to the best now playing @ Coburg )
NS ( Not training before xmas due to a lack of numbers is not a good sign & plus they rely to heavily on Nat & Fort to get them up each week )

Ladder prediction
ABERS ( undefeated but pressure & expectation might get to them on the big day )
GREENVALE ( premiers just going about their business quietly but it will be interesting to see how shagger goes coaching away from the AFL environment)
STRATHMORE ( will find it hard to match last year's intensity after winning it last year, very hard to go back to back )
PASCOE VALE ( David Morgan great bloke but is he a good coach who can control some big ego's down there only time will tell )
AVONDALE HEIGHTS ( rely on to few & can go missing in big games as they did last year & not very well coached )
MARBY ( picked up a couple might scare a couple of the top sides @ home if they're not on their game that day )
WEST COBURG ( it's a tough one between them NS it could come down to the last game again but l hope they stay up because they will be going from the worst ground in premier div to the best now playing @ Coburg )
NS ( Not training before xmas due to a lack of numbers is not a good sign & plus they rely to heavily on Nat & Fort to get them up each week )

Good comments Milkman,
There should be a big footy comp for the ladder predictions and collect at years end.

*Pacco got rid of the ego's in Shermo and learnt a lesson. Ben Ross and "Milky" Warren don't have ego's as they have done a fair bit over the years and just want to play footy. They should actually help Morgan as levelled headed people. Both still in good shape so should go well. Who's the other one your thinking, is it Patty? Well his a ripper and really gave Morgan his best and is a passionate player. Did beat Marby at Pacco on his own in that last quarter.

What are NS doing. If they are not training before Xmas should go to the league and have a chat. Nothing worse in premier to have a side that is going to struggle which could bring trouble.. I'm sure there might be a div1 club that might be willing to go up to premier at late notice and don't have relegation for a year.. Douttas should have 1st call as they did compete well last year..or whoever nominates to go up play a game prior to rd1 to make it fair as I'm sure only Douttas and Craigeburn have finances to compete..

Mate if they are counting on Eades to kick many goals against good oppostion then its going to be a long year in the marby forward line, your right some of the other recruits are very classy and will add a lot to the Marby side, but although I am not from the EDFL comp I know that you must kick on average against the good teams around 90 points a game, where are Marby's goals going to come from???

Does anyone really believe Northern never trained prior to Xmas?

Honestly, no wonder some clubs struggle to get players to come play at their club.
Mate that plays there told me they were training but extremely low numbers in attendance... Less than 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good comments Milkman,
There should be a big footy comp for the ladder predictions and collect at years end.

*Pacco got rid of the ego's in Shermo and learnt a lesson. Ben Ross and "Milky" Warren don't have ego's as they have done a fair bit over the years and just want to play footy. They should actually help Morgan as levelled headed people. Both still in good shape so should go well. Who's the other one your thinking, is it Patty? Well his a ripper and really gave Morgan his best and is a passionate player. Did beat Marby at Pacco on his own in that last quarter.

What are NS doing. If they are not training before Xmas should go to the league and have a chat. Nothing worse in premier to have a side that is going to struggle which could bring trouble.. I'm sure there might be a div1 club that might be willing to go up to premier at late notice and don't have relegation for a year.. Douttas should have 1st call as they did compete well last year..or whoever nominates to go up play a game prior to rd1 to make it fair as I'm sure only Douttas and Craigeburn have finances to compete..
Well it's good to see turbo l hope David gets the rewards for the time & effort his put into a club his so loyal to it should make the battle for 4th spot interesting l think the top 3 pick themselves & anyone of the next 4 could take 4th spot

Ladder prediction
Yes, it is extremely hard to go through the whole season undefeated. Since 1999 on 7 occasions a team has won all 18 home and away matches. Only once have they gone on to win the premiership. That was Greenvale in 2007.

Teams to bomb out after winning all H & A matches (some in straight sets ) were Avondale in 1999, Oak Park in 2001, Keilor in 2003, Greenvale in 2008 and 2009 and Strathmore 2012.

Don't know whether teams get over confident in that situation, or the pressure and expectations build up to such an extent that players can't handle the occasion and play well below par. Obviously their opponents on the day have certainly risen to the challenge.

Yes, it is extremely hard to go through the whole season undefeated. Since 1999 on 7 occasions a team has won all 18 home and away matches. Only once have they gone on to win the premiership. That was Greenvale in 2007.

Teams to bomb out after winning all H & A matches (some in straight sets ) were Avondale in 1999, Oak Park in 2001, Keilor in 2003, Greenvale in 2008 and 2009 and Strathmore 2012.

Don't know whether teams get over confident in that situation, or the pressure and expectations build up to such an extent that players can't handle the occasion and play well below par. Obviously their opponents on the day have certainly risen to the challenge.
Tbh it's probably all of the above to some degree.

Good comments Milkman,

There's been training at CMR in December, it may not have been "official" but there were many there.

Seems to be a bit of mischief making directed at NS, probably because most expected NS to fail last year.
Well they are a new Club and are doing things in their own way and so far NS must be held up as one of the most successful Clubs in the EDFL of the past 10 years.

Word on the
There's been training at CMR in December, it may not have been "official" but there were many there.

Seems to be a bit of mischief making directed at NS, probably because most expected NS to fail last year.
Well they are a new Club and are doing things in their own way and so far NS must be held up as one of the most successful Clubs in the EDFL of the past 10 years.

Good to hear mate, as we need a strong competitive premier comp..
Not sure of most successful club comment. Bit over the top I think.. The hot weather must be making you a bit dizzy.. Lol

Word on the

Good to hear mate, as we need a strong competitive premier comp..
Not sure of most successful club comment. Bit over the top I think.. The hot weather must be making you a bit dizzy.. Lol

Considering where Fawkner Park and North Coburg were when the new Club was agreed on, the NS have come a long way.

There's no mischief against NS l hope they do well but if they are lacking numbers in under 18 & ressies each week & getting flogged in seniors as well it could put them back 5 years
A lot of players playing div 1 are happy to stay in that division as clubs who have won promotion in the past have found out

Considering where Fawkner Park and North Coburg were when the new Club was agreed on, the NS have come a long way.

1061, that's a positive and shows a club willing to work hard and be open minded as mergers are not always easy. Good story and just reward for the people working hard.

Successful clubs in EDFL would be classed as premier clubs that have always stayed in premier or gone down for 1 year during the last 10years. The most successful would be Greenvale, Strathmore, Marby due to the number of premierships won in this time. The you look at clubs like Abers, Keilor, Pascoe Vale as next in line due to well run clubs and strong junior program's..

Not 100% but whisper is Prowse brothers from Port Melbourne have signed with Marby Park as local club. Also Ben Perry fully committed this season?

That will help their forward line.

Not 100% but whisper is Prowse brothers from Port Melbourne have signed with Marby Park as local club. Also Ben Perry fully committed this season?

That will help their forward line.

Prowse boys were at Marby last year when not at Port. Won't play at Marby much if at all like last year. Good players though..

Maybe send Barling forward as an option. His still on some decent coin I hear and might be a difficult match up., have a couple of smalls under him!!

WOW. Sometimes you think things are getting out of hand and then you get a reality check. Sorry for the little interruption guys.
Just wanted to say Harro (Paul), I'm sure the whole EDFL and football community would like to express their condolences.

Also would like to wish both the Hickmott and Hymer families all the strength in the world as they face the unfortunate winless fight. I'm sure all at Aberfeldie, along with the rest of us in the EDFL wish you strength and prayers.

Sorry b/f fans but it frustrates so much when things like this happen to good families.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back