Emma Quayle's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I still reckon Collingwood are playing Ducks and Drakes and will snap Laverde up.

My Tip: 2 Metre Peter to drop to anywhere from 17 to 23.

Starting to get an Ayce vibe. 203cm who doesn't wanna play ruck and gets pushed out of marking contests at junior level.

A lot of Clubs say they will pick him....but will they pull the trigger?
I hope your right

I still reckon Collingwood are playing Ducks and Drakes and will snap Laverde up.

Starting to get an Ayce vibe. 203cm who doesn't wanna play ruck and gets pushed out of marking contests at junior level.

If he lasted to 21 lIke you're saying St Kilda will pull the trigger faster than a U.S police officer

We'd have our two kpfs and then draft a sliding mid with 22 and then see what happens at 41

If he lasted to 21 lIke you're saying St Kilda will pull the trigger faster than a U.S police officer

We'd have our two kpfs and then draft a sliding mid with 22 and then see what happens at 41
Mate, if he's at 17 he won't last after that. Our ruck stocks are complete crap.

Last year was an absolute soda.
Emma's got an excellent record at these things. You watch, she'll nail most of this year as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this were to happen you would be pretty disappointed that you chose McCartin over Petracca then surely?

She did get the first 13 right last year
I think the first one she got wrong was the McCarthy to GWS pick if my memory serves me. No one would have picked that as they had just picked up Boyd at No.1 to go with Patton and Cameron. I think she does a good job and by the looks of it no one seems to be able to read this years draft so we will just wait and see how they all go.

It is funny, she starts mentioning Laverde at #4 and has him sliding to #17. In fact she has him as a "complication" at 4, 5, 11, 12, 15 and 16 too.

Same patten for most of the players. She has De Goey going at 5 but also mentioned as low as 10. Wright could go as high as 1/3 or as low as 12.

She looks to be throwing names into a spot then covering her ass by mentioning the same players over and over again in case they slide/bolt. She must have some GIANT splinters up her butt after all the fence sitting .........

She did get the first 13 right last year

Emma's predictions last year with actual spot taken in brackets

1. Boyd (1)
2. Kelly (2)
3. Billings (3)
4. Bontempelli (4)
5. Kolodjashnij (5)
6. Scharenberg (6)
7. Aish (7)
8. McDonald (8 f/s)
9. Freeman (10)
10. Salem (9)
11. Sheed (11)
12. Lennon (12)
13. Cripps (13)
14. Lobb (29)
15. Merrett (26)
16. Taylor
(28)
17. McCarthy (14)
18. Dunstan (18)
19. Jones (15)
20. Acres (19)

So she got the first 7 correct (although most were pretty predictable), 8 was a f/s selections so it doesn't count, 9 and 10 were reversed and it was pretty much common knowledge that Sheed would go the the WCE (they traded into that selection) and Cripps to Carlton (articles about Malthouse flying up to interview him were being reported in the build up iirc). After the obvious she was all over the place .............

That is always a Chance we could take Levarde but De Goey is a very strong chance though

Emma's predictions last year with actual spot taken in brackets

1. Boyd (1)
2. Kelly (2)
3. Billings (3)
4. Bontempelli (4)
5. Kolodjashnij (5)
6. Scharenberg (6)
7. Aish (7)
8. McDonald (8 f/s)
9. Freeman (10)
10. Salem (9)
11. Sheed (11)
12. Lennon (12)
13. Cripps (13)
14. Lobb (29)
15. Merrett (26)
16. Taylor
(28)
17. McCarthy (14)
18. Dunstan (18)
19. Jones (15)
20. Acres (19)

So she got the first 7 correct (although most were pretty predictable), 8 was a f/s selections so it doesn't count, 9 and 10 were reversed and it was pretty much common knowledge that Sheed would go the the WCE (they traded into that selection) and Cripps to Carlton (articles about Malthouse flying up to interview him were being reported in the build up iirc). After the obvious she was all over the place .............
Think that is pretty fair. Last years top 10 almost picked themselves. The only conjecture on the day was would Collingwood pick Scharenberg or Aish. Hine went the option most predicted. 9 and 10 could have gone either way. It wasnt a difficult top 10 and as you said the jungle drums were strong on Sheed and Cripps.

Think that is pretty fair. Last years top 10 almost picked themselves. The only conjecture on the day was would Collingwood pick Scharenberg or Aish. Hine went the option most predicted. 9 and 10 could have gone either way. It wasnt a difficult top 10 and as you said the jungle drums were strong on Sheed and Cripps.

That is what I am saying. She was talked up as a drafting guru based on a PD where she picked the easy selections, missed two which could have gone either way then missed all of the late 1st rd picks. I would say most of the PD's written on the day of the draft, based off of the rumours leading into the draft apposed to personal opinion, would have a similar strike rate.

It should be noted that every clubs draft order is vastly different. So outside the obvious selections, it's not surprising there's substantial discrepancies.

She's nailed most of the top ten before. I remember she predicted up till around pick 8 in 2008 or similar. That said, there's a difference between spotting talent and knowing where the players will fall. The former involves watching a lot of junior football, the latter involves talking to the clubs involved.

The days of Llane Spaanderman are upon us again
Arguably* the greatest name in the history of football.

*I'm joking. It's definitely the greatest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back