EPL Match Week 29 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the replay, about time we played some good football, top first half. And really pleased to see mata start, he had a good game.

Bring on the scouse
Curious about your response for this.

y0GuObB.png

You did say you had a laugh at it. Definitely doesn't seem it from your quotes about that game.

because you have to somehow enter mourinho's clique to start games. no real idea how you go about this. he clearly has his favourites but he's lucky that his lack of rotation won't come back to bite him due to the abject performances of teams around him. you could see them clearly worn out in the 2nd half vs psg and then again last night.

because you have to somehow enter mourinho's clique to start games. no real idea how you go about this. he clearly has his favourites but he's lucky that his lack of rotation won't come back to bite him due to the abject performances of teams around him. you could see them clearly worn out in the 2nd half vs psg and then again last night.
Yup here are the starts in all comps for his fave XI compared to the bench:

Courtois - 30
Ivanovic - 37
Terry - 38
Cahill - 35
Azpi - 29
Matic - 36
Fabregas - 35
Hazard - 38
Oscar - 31
Willian - 27
Costa - 29

Cech - 13
Luis - 17
Zouma - 15
Ramires - 13
Mikel - 11
Schurrle - 11
Salah - 3
Cuadrado - 2
Remy - 7
Drogba - 9

In terms of just the EPL, not rotating as much as other teams has us 6 points clear with a game in hand so it's obviously worked.(so far)

Europe on the other hand, we'll need to start rotating the squad if we want to win the CL in the future.

I'm not so sure mate - maybe the lack of protest was from being 2-0 down and the team being pretty much rock bottom for morale? Just how I interpreted Martinez's comment, it seems his conclusion is (at least partially) attributed to the lack of reaction from the other NUFC players.

I didn't see the game live so can't comment on what the commentators said at the time but a number of match reports suggested it was perhaps harsh in the circumstances.

Either way, the main point I was trying to make was that it raised an eyebrow to see him condemn the tackle as reckless given this one didn't seem as clear cut (IMO) as the other one (given by his own admission, of the Haidara incident, he didn't see it at the time).

Ah well, not too fussed, it's all academic at the end of the day given our season pretty much finished 31st January haha.

Glad to see your boys get a win and move a step away from the relegation dog fight. :thumbsu:

For what it's worth, I watched it live & I knew straight away he was going to be off. He goes over the top of the ball but never really got near it either. There is a chance Bobby actually didn't see the tackle when it happened so he may have been telling the truth, some managers tell it how it is but others prefer to let the dust settle before commenting properly which is probably wise. People watching on TV etc have chances to analyse from 10 different angles but the gaffers get asked 20 minutes after the end of the game after they have team talks etc. Either that, or you're Arsene Wenger who never sees anything :D

In terms of just the EPL, not rotating as much as other teams has us 6 points clear with a game in hand so it's obviously worked.(so far)

Europe on the other hand, we'll need to start rotating the squad if we want to win the CL in the future.

It's also helped that City & Co have failed at every opportunity to heap sustained pressure on Chelsea to test those tired legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say that's down as much to our inadequacies as anything.

If his last name was Smith and he was English, he would be at mid-table side.

And worth 5 times more probably. #englishtax

FWIW I reckon he's a cracking player.

Dont see how Oscar is overrated personally.

For the sake of comparison -

Eriksen - 29 games , 9 goals , 2 assists
Cazorla - 28 games , 7 goals , 7 assists
Coutinho - 25 games , 4 goals, 4 assists
Silva - 23 games , 10 goals , 3 assists
Di Maria - 23 games , 3 goals, 8 assists

Oscar - 23 games , 6 goals , 7 assists

Dont see how Oscar is overrated personally.

For the sake of comparison -

Eriksen - 29 games , 9 goals , 2 assists
Cazorla - 28 games , 7 goals , 7 assists
Coutinho - 25 games , 4 goals, 4 assists
Silva - 23 games , 10 goals , 3 assists
Di Maria - 23 games , 3 goals, 8 assists

Oscar - 23 games , 6 goals , 7 assists

Actually scratch that, if that's the list of players available, we'll take Silva instead, ta.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back