EPL Matchday 15 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Dier... wow
Laughable mistake.

Sigh...

season 5 richard GIF

Spursy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much difference between Cancelo yesterday and Alexander-Arnold today.

The inconsistency is what makes British refs the worst in the world.
Think the ref gave taa the out because it was a a push that stopped a goal kick vs cancelo who stopped a shot. A push is a push I thought

Think the ref gave taa the out because it was a a push that stopped a goal kick vs cancelo who stopped a shot. A push is a push I thought

The amount of contact makes a difference. Cancelo flattened his opponent who was about to score. Not much in it at all for TAA, opponent went down looking for it. Wouldnt have done the same if outside the box and about to cross to an unmarked opponent.

A similar push against TAA was also not given as a FK because he went down looking for a FK. Good refereeing in both cases.

I would have thought that too. VAR today was the ref yesterday fwiw.

The amount of contact makes a difference. Cancelo flattened his opponent who was about to score. Not much in it at all for TAA, opponent went down looking for it. Wouldnt have done the same if outside the box and about to cross to an unmarked opponent.

A similar push against TAA was also not given as a FK because he went down looking for a FK. Good refereeing in both cases.
The same push got given as a fk against him on sess 5 mins later. Cancelo more to the side and more force. TAA straight in the back with the forearm with less force. If the ref gave it on field var wouldn't overturn it.

I would have thought that too. VAR today was the ref yesterday fwiw.
I get var not overturning to an extent. But shows the inconsistency of the system. It's a free kick minutes later 3m outside the box for more side on and similar force. The worse decision was the high boot on Lucas. But easily could have been 2 penalties and at the very least 1

The same push got given as a fk against him on sess 5 mins later. Cancelo more to the side and more force. TAA straight in the back with the forearm with less force. If the ref gave it on field var wouldn't overturn it.

TAA got a similar nudge in the back on the Spurs attack later in the first half. Play on despite him going down.

TAA gotva similar nudge in the back on the Spurs attack later in the first half. Play on despite him going down.
Go back and watch the first half. Same push was a FK. Commentators said it at the time similar incident. As did Owen and Sherwood during the HT break. I get the team goggles having a different view on a decision, but to change the actual historical event is something else lol. Unless you missed some of the first half and missed the FK on the left just outside the box at 33 mins

Go back and watch the first half. Same push was a FK. Commentators said it at the time similar incident. As did Owen and Sherwood during the HT break. I get the team goggles having a different view on a decision, but to change the actual historical event is something else lol. Unless you missed some of the first half and missed the FK on the left just outside the box at 33 mins

Look in the lead up to that FK. The very same incident pretty much committed by a Spurs attacker against TAA was allowed to go (rightly so). I get you have Spurs glasses on but you tend to forget things like that when they go in your favor.

And that foul wasnt the same incident either, thats your bias showing. Its a side on contact firstly and secondly the player isnt running the ball over the line. The guidelines for referees say look at the amount of contact and consequence of contact.

Look in the lead up to that FK. The very same incident pretty much committed by a Spurs attacker against TAA was allowed to go (rightly so). I get you have Spurs glasses on but you tend to forget things like that when they go in your favor.

And that foul wasnt the same incident either, thats your bias showing. Its a side on cobtact firstly and secondly the player isnt running the ball over the line. The guidelines for referees say look at the amount of contact and consequence of contact.
A push is a push. All 3 should have been given.

The penalty claim push stopped a cross the ball wasn't over the line or going to go over if he wasn't pushed. I get our wing backs end product isn't likely to lead to a goal. But the push whether it was looked for which it was or not, stopped sess playing the ball back in.

A push is a push. All 3 should have been given.

The penalty claim push stopped a cross the ball wasn't over the line or going to go over if he wasn't pushed. I get our wing backs end product isn't likely to lead to a goal. But the push whether it was looked for which it was or not, stopped sess playing the ball back in.

Footballs a contact sport. What you are saying in this post is that anytime a player feels a hand on their back they should be entitled to go down and be awarded a foul.

Sorry but that just isnt how the game is refereed. You would have 10 penalties every match if it was.

The new PL guidelines explicitly state that the referee has to look at the amount of contact, consequence of contact & if the attacker is looking for a foul.

The only 1 out of those 3 incidents that meets the threshold for a foul is the one that was actually given.

Not surprised by the result, but the score line was closer than it should have been.

We are so far from a decent side atm. So many holes to fix which is crazy since the fortune we just spent. Need to start with the CM.

Arsenal are a different kettle of fish this season. Made of real steel it seems. They go into any match apart from City away confident of winning these days.

If they signed a world class CF they will absolutely boss the league. Jesus just isnt a quality finisher and that may eventually cost them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back