EPL Matchday 3 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't, but thanks.

Oh ok so you haven't actually been in terraces singing the song, you read a mistranslation online, got it.

The common chant is 'Is this a library'. Another common one when fans are leaving early when losing, "Is this a firedrill". People don't widely sing "Football in a library" lol.

Last edited:
Oh ok so you haven't actually been in terraces singing the song, you read a mistranslation online, got it.

The chant is 'Is this a library'. Another common one when fans are leaving early when losing, "Is this a firedrill". People don't sing "Football in a library" lol.

Oh god, another mare from you just attempting to get on your high horse for some reason. You continually prove to be an arrogant tosser so consistently.

To answer, your generalization, yes I have sung on the terraces. A lot.

To answer your second generalisation, yes "Is this a library?" is also a song. I've had the pleasure of singing it at Boothferry Park actually.

To answer your last generalisation, a particularly large fan base west of you do sing "Football in a library", unless I misunderstood the song the few hundred times I have sung it over 15 years living in the North of the UK and going to games.

I'm sure with your steller detective work, you can find the song.

It generally goes "Football in a library du du du du" "Football in a library du du du du"

I've heard other away support sing it as a neutral also. Villa away fans are fond of it in their their repertoire from my experience...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen the MKM this season? Absolutely bouncing. Fantastic atmosphere.

No I haven't but I'm assuming you must watch every minute of every premier league game since you know a lot about who's home fans chant and who's don't...

No I haven't but I'm assuming you must watch every minute of every premier league game since you know a lot about who's home fans chant and who's don't...

No just been to a lot of games at a lot of grounds over the years.

From those highlights is it just me or does half of the Hull squad look out of shape?

Yes unfortunately about 12 players on the injury list so a lot of players being thrown in and playing a lot more than they otherwise would. 2-2-1 from our first 5 can't complain though.

He's now back tracked with a sneaky edit from "people don't sing football in a library lol" to "people don't widely sing football in a library". :tearsofjoy:

HAHA.

Not that was the point I was making anyway. Was purely talking from my own experience.

He's now back tracked with a sneaky edit from "people don't sing football in a library lol" to "people don't widely sing football in a library". :tearsofjoy:

HAHA.

Not that was the point I was making anyway. Was purely talking from my own experience.

I edited that before your response, since my point was about common chants, so wanted to clarify I was clearly not saying no one sings it. Not my problem you took ten minutes to type out your rant.

From those highlights is it just me or does half of the Hull squad look out of shape?

They did sign the Turkish Dean Rioli.

He has made a decent start though to be fair to him.

I edited that before your response, since my point was about common chants, so wanted to clarify I was clearly not saying no one sings it. Not my problem you took ten minutes to type out your rant.

sure-ok.gif

They did sign the Turkish Dean Rioli.

He has made a decent start though to be fair to him.

sure-ok.gif

He's made more than a decent start. A six month spell at Watford where they were going through a manager every two weeks isn't an indication of his fitness or general ability. Dean Rioli, PMSL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back