Exodus watch! (Opposition supporters post trade rumours here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he leaves you can always just add the extra "s" that I was reading it as for ages... I've thought about kissing a gun many a time; before they put me on SSRIs.

Everyone here seems to be assuming that we cannot draft McKeever, Dyson etc back to our rookie list. What is the basis for this?

Have the rules changed? I know you can now automatically put the player on the rookie list for three years now without needing to redraft them but are we restricted from delisting a player and redrafting them as a rookie? This used to happen all the time when there was only a two year limit. I had assumed we could still do it if we wanted to.

Everyone here seems to be assuming that we cannot draft McKeever, Dyson etc back to our rookie list. What is the basis for this?

Have the rules changed? I know you can now automatically put the player on the rookie list for three years now without needing to redraft them but are we restricted from delisting a player and redrafting them as a rookie? This used to happen all the time when there was only a two year limit. I had assumed we could still do it if we wanted to.
IIRC with free agency now as soon as a player is delisted they become a free agent and can go wherever they please. Makes it a fair bit more perilous to demote players to the rookie list.

Karnezis is a self-confessed mummy's boy. I don't think going home to be in the comfort of family and friends would be ideal for his footy development. Not at his age. Learning to stand on his own two feet would be a lot more beneficial for his maturity.

It would make a great comedy series... maybe even for the end of the year players review..

"Everybody Loves Raymond Patrick"

The rules were originally only allowing two years (http://www.afl.com.au/development/aflexplained/about/tabid/13532/default.aspx#rookie has that still, but it's undated). That was then changed to allow three years, with the third year requiring a delisting and a redrafting (http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=85502 mentions the delisting/relisting bit). They were then changed again to be able to be done automatically (in 2009? http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=85502). I'm guessing you're thinking of the changes from the second and third rule versions, because under the second version people were getting delisted and re-drafted often. I'm pretty sure that it's never been the case that you can keep a player on the rookie list indefinitely, i.e. after the maximum (originally two years, then three years) that player either has to be moved to that club's senior list or delisted.

The rules were originally only allowing two years (http://www.afl.com.au/development/aflexplained/about/tabid/13532/default.aspx#rookie has that still, but it's undated). That was then changed to allow three years, with the third year requiring a delisting and a redrafting (http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=85502 mentions the delisting/relisting bit). They were then changed again to be able to be done automatically (in 2009? http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=85502). I'm guessing you're thinking of the changes from the second and third rule versions, because under the second version people were getting delisted and re-drafted often. I'm pretty sure that it's never been the case that you can keep a player on the rookie list indefinitely, i.e. after the maximum (originally two years, then three years) that player either has to be moved to that club's senior list or delisted.

Yeah but my point was that if you delisted a rookie after his third year (previously second) you could still redraft him in the rookie draft. Ihadn't noticed that changing.

From memory you had to delist every year after and didn't get the benefit of the automatic extension ability but I could be wrong on that.

It seems Hamilton is onto the Patty K rumour now. It is in his rumour column. (no link)

Worth quoting in full just for context (if allowed, I'm transcribing from the paper):

The Lions may have a fight on their hands to keep Patrick karnezis beyond his current deal. Although reports the second-year forward has asked for a trade home at the end of this season are not true, the whispers he may want to return have reached a couple of Victorian clubs who will be keeping a close eye on how 2013 unfolds.

Worth quoting in full just for context (if allowed, I'm transcribing from the paper):

The Lions may have a fight on their hands to keep Patrick karnezis beyond his current deal. Although reports the second-year forward has asked for a trade home at the end of this season are not true, the whispers he may want to return have reached a couple of Victorian clubs who will be keeping a close eye on how 2013 unfolds.

Wait, what! Hammo debunked a rumour?!?!?! And in the Lions' favour?!?!?!

I need a lie down and a strong drink...

Would anyone ask to be traded before the end of the season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumor will probably go away when other more credible rumors start circulating closer to the trade period and then hopefully Patty will have a really good season and sign a long term contract. :thumbsu:

Whispers of a dustup between lions players on Mad Monday.

If you say so UTG. I can only assume it is true as you have such an exceptional record as a source of information. *insert any number of sarcastic emoticons here*

Expect a young Victorian to seek a trade home

If you are regurgitating the Karnezis rumour, we've been aware of it for a month.

Alternatively, you will try and claim it is someone else, but provide no details in the knowledge that more than half our list are Victorians. If one of them goes home (a statistical probability) you can say in retrospect "yep, that's the one".

This just in... player with a vowel in his name wants out of Richmond. Stand by!

Yawn...Whispers...Wasn't that the Fev rumour 18 months ago at a BBQ?

Some folk just have to hang a piece of meat around their neck just to get the dog to play with them..

I heard from a number of sources that you are so desperate for attention you go on to other teams boards to make you feel better about yourself.

No one has acknowledged Montys has called it quits. Great servant of the game thanks Amon.

If you say so UTG. I can only assume it is true as you have such an exceptional record as a source of information. *insert any number of sarcastic emoticons here*

If you are regurgitating the Karnezis rumour, we've been aware of it for a month.

Alternatively, you will try and claim it is someone else, but provide no details in the knowledge that more than half our list are Victorians. If one of them goes home (a statistical probability) you can say in retrospect "yep, that's the one".

This just in... player with a vowel in his name wants out of Richmond. Stand by!

The 2 are connected.

One incident even involved a player's father being caught in the crossfire

Dismiss if you will.... Just glad it wasn't us, actually

And, way LESS than half your list is from Victoria. Even fewer are young Victorians.

Sheesh, I shouldn't have to educate you about your own team....

On my way. Cheerio

The 2 are connected.

If true elaborate. Give us facts. Stop posting on our board just to stir things up. Dont be shy mate.

The 2 are connected.

And, way LESS than half your list is from Victoria. Even fewer are young Victorians.

Sheesh, I shouldn't have to educate you about your own team....

On my way. Cheerio

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back