Favourite hidden moments of the Grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

So like many, if not most of you, I have enjoyed the GF replay a few times (OK over 25 watchings). My favourite moment in the game is the Hodge interecept mark and goal, it was the moment I thought we are going to win this. Since watching the replay it was straight after the Poppy awesome run/shot point, the hidden moment straight after this was Poppy's gut running to pick up a Syndey player who Rohan was shaping to kick to and he changed his mind and oops, the rest is history.

So over to the folks who have watched and analysed (ie enjoyed) the GF what other great moments should we watch out for? what priceless gems of commentary await?

I only noticed sucklings "yeeew" to buddy last time I watched it. Loved it - not over the top, but just a reminder of 'could've been you, Bud'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Langers miraculous 3rd term goal. Not only for the sheer marvel of it, but the fact he beat Kennedy hands down in a one on one. Very satisfying to see son of a Hawk champ beat the other son who turned to the dark side.
Come on, he pushed Kennedy in the back. Should have been a free.

Doesn't take anything from the spectacle of his goal, though. A magical moment indeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derm basically calling Goodes a front running Campaigner on the SEN commentary did it for me!! Goddard 'not being in a position to comment' on it was also funny.

In the actual game - Bradley Hill's composure to hit up Shield's(?) to hit Puopolo for our first goal was an underrated piece of play imo. Didn't blaze away, took his time, made Jetta look bush league seconds and started the demolition.
Hill's tackle on Tippert was awesome as well. Little fella destroys power forward one on one and holds the ball up. Great play from a bloke not known for the hard stuff.

Safe to say; I'm an unabashed Hill fan!!

Derm basically calling Goodes a front running Campaigner on the SEN commentary did it for me!! Goddard 'not being in a position to comment' on it was also funny.

In the actual game - Bradley Hill's composure to hit up Shield's(?) to hit Puopolo for our first goal was an underrated piece of play imo. Didn't blaze away, took his time, made Jetta look bush league seconds and started the demolition.
Hill's tackle on Tippert was awesome as well. Little fella destroys power forward one on one and holds the ball up. Great play from a bloke not known for the hard stuff.

what part of the game was derm's quote in? must have missed it.

On the first Goal it was Hill > Suckling > Poppy.

what part of the game was derm's quote in? must have missed it.

On the first Goal it was Hill > Suckling > Poppy.

Third quarter starts with 7.53 left.
'His best is incredibly good, his bad is incredibly poor. Right now, I reckon they've taken away his will to compete unless there is a prize at the end of the play for him. ie a goal.'

Missed who he kicked it to in a blaze of Hill love. Happily corrected!

SEN's Anthony Hudson summed it up perfectly for me.

"Back to back glory for the Hawks in the most devastating fashion. From the moment they won last years flag so many things went wrong, but they were on a mission. And in the end nobody and no buddy could stop them. Mission accomplished"

Was it a little subconscious dig at Chris Scott? Who knows?
When you want to accomplish something, that is how you do it.

Hill's run down tackle on Malceski that should have but wasn't called holding the ball was another great act by him.

Our first goal. Despite rumours to the contrary Buddy still hasn't got a clue about how to mark a footy.

In this instance he comes steaming out at centre half forward crashes the pack and expects to mark the ball on his chest like he and the ball both have velcro on them. The ball bounces off of his velcro less chest straight to Birchall and the rest is history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back