Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is a ridiculous argument, that if a word appears in a dictionary it is in 'common use'.

Now you're back to resorting to your opinion again.

Setting aside that you are relying on urban dictionary where anyone can post a word, if it appeared in a credible dictionary it would not mean, by itself that it is a word in common use. I am sure that most dictionaries contain the word zygapophysis - that doesn't make it a word in 'common use'

"Credible" is subjective. Still, all you've got is your opinion. No backing up of your claim.

Ah, back to classic Tesseract, the moment he starts floundering and losing arguments, he screeches 'that's your opinion', just waiting for the other classic 'that's just an assumption'.

Ah, back to classic Tesseract, the moment he starts floundering and losing arguments, he screeches 'that's your opinion', just waiting for the other classic 'that's just an assumption'.
Satan or "UFO angels" should make an appearance soon, too.

Urban dictionary doesn't even require citations when making a claim.

It's less reliable than Wikipedia.

The fact remains that despite attempts to discredit the urban dictionary as a source and/or authority on common use language, it remains a hub for it. Such gives it a measure of authority.

Satan or "UFO angels" should make an appearance soon, too.
Or Queen Latifah with a strap on :eek:

Queen Latifa apparently really gets into it, she dons the strap-on and has popped many a woman. Whether you're a man or a woman makes no difference. Whether one is married makes no difference either, for Satan doesn't honour marriage contracts. Adultery is a given, given the bisexual orgies that must be partaken of as a ritual. Getting "popped" is known as "gravy". If you ever hear a celebrity speaking casually of, or song lyrics involving 'it's just gravy', you'll know of their price for admission and what they're talking about.

No problem with comprehension, I just was wondering if you had actively considered what you typed before you hit 'post reply', and give you the opportunity to retract your comment if it was in error. As it appears you do hold this view, can I ask if a straight man, calling a gay man a pansy/******/NTTAWWTter, would or would not, in your view, be an attempt at shaming?
Why are you squibbing this question?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is not just my 'opinion', the mere fact that a word appears in a dictionary does not mean it is in common use. You are not seriously advocating that point of view are you?

Your belief that "the mere fact that a word appears in a dictionary does not mean it is in common use" is your opinion. You still haven't backed your claim.

Btw, it's becoming quite the habit of yours to re-ask answered questions. Perhaps you really do have comprehension issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back